onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Burton A (H&A) FAC R1 match thread 4th & 14th Nov

Fosse69

Well worth the tenner that, comfortable night and shows if we keep attacking rather than invite pressure you’ve got a good chance of adding to the goals and seeing it out.

Not sure how Uche missed that sitter but otherwise they couldn’t handle him, the flick he did to take out three defenders was superb and was Walters sending their lad for his half time orange about 5 minutes early with an outrageous peice of skill.

Good night all round and Burton barely had a sniff.

We are efficient in cup games if we can just take it into the league we’d be fine! Maybe we are just a cup side

Advert

Just got back - great night, never even felt nervous when we were only one up 

At one point, there were 4 Burton players round Uche, and none could get near him - he is a power-house 😍😍😍😍

Well done to all at the Vale on a confidence building night 👍👍👍👍👍

Mmm I am sure I won't be the only one winding up a good mate who is 'one of the more outspoken'  on the Ale & Vale pod who is never slow to point out to anyone prepared to listen, and those who don't want to, ... Uche won't make a footballer whilst he has a hole in his proverbial !!  

😆  

Baton down the hatches, Tom!!

Really strong performance tonight. Thought Chislett was man of the match but Uche a close second with excellent performances also from Garrity, Walters, Sang, Smith and Debrah. Ojo was very solid too out of position, even Massy had a good game. Conlon was neat and tidy but lacked a bit of confidence. Couple of times he was in a great position to pull the trigger but went for the pass instead. Only starter i haven't mentioned was Ripley because he had very little to do.

3 minutes ago, fuzzyvalefan said:

Really strong performance tonight. Thought Chislett was man of the match but Uche a close second with excellent performances also from Garrity, Walters, Sang, Smith and Debrah. Ojo was very solid too out of position, even Massy had a good game. Conlon was neat and tidy but lacked a bit of confidence. Couple of times he was in a great position to pull the trigger but went for the pass instead. Only starter i haven't mentioned was Ripley because he had very little to do.

Not sure Conlon lacked confidence - ball retention is nearly always preferable if we don't need to risk losing it. We should have scored 5 or 6 tonight but it's great to put one over that ingrate Maamria. 

Nice to be in the next round with a glamour tie at Stevenage.

Thought we looked comfortable most of the night. Sang was a revelation on the left and looked really dangerous and switched play quickly to Massey which created lots of space. Massey made the most of it and looked like the player we all want to see. I thought him and Sang put in some terrific balls in the box, we just need to get on the end of them.

Rhys Walkers grew into the game and played beyond his age and Uche battled really well winning most of his duels. 

Jesse Deberah continues to impress me with his 1 v 1 defending - he's probably the best at the club at it and I was really please for Cass to score.

Hopefully the lads can take a lot of confidence from this controlled performance but how on earth are Burton mid table? 

Can't argue with that. Great result and performance with just about everyone playing well. Ikpeazu won't score too many but the difference between him and Loft is like night and day up top. Massey and Cass aren't exactly my favourite players or two players I would expect to be scoring the goals last night, but big credit to them both.

Well done the Vale I think it's 44 k for a win first round  .

Great see G Massey and L Cass get the goals chuffed for them .

Leon Legge was saying Rhys Walters played like he had already played 100 games well done young man .

That will do the club the world of good 👍

S.V A have a good night and Vale have done the club proud .

Leon says TC played well also well done all .

UTV buzzing 

Archived