onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

January Transfers and Rumours

werstayinup

32 minutes ago, PVFC FAN said:

Have we actually got anyone that isn't on loan this January?

This might be the way we go this window but IF the loans make us better than i am ok with that,we would all like permanent deals in but thats not always possible

If this lad comes and is fit then you would think at 6'5 he will go straight into the middle of a back 3 with Debrah,who i do think is our best defender and then one other to make up the back 3

• Like 1

Advert

35 minutes ago, PVFC FAN said:

Have we, or will we? No we haven't and yes we might. I believe we have some funds for the right player at the right price. We may pick up a player close to deadline day a club hasn't moved on they don't want to keep. I suspect we will be up to our loan quota of 5, so almost certainly 3 more loans. For me with the outgoings in order of importance a LWB, centre forward, centrehalf and a midfield player. I'd expect 4 more as a minimum (Conlon, Arblaster, Thomas, Balmer (probably), Cass (quite probable) as we'll probably lose 5. Ideally I'd like a couple more as our squad is a little short on depth. They may look at offering short-term contracts until the summer to free agents to make up the numbers. Someone like Olamide Shodipo who is a bit inconsistent but dangerous when playing well could be a player who would give a bit of depth until the summer.

• Like 1

Would be delighted if the rumours are true about Williams from Liverpool, as someone who watches a lot of Liverpool including their youth games, always thought he had a chance of making it at premier league level, not necessarily Liverpool standard but a bottom half club.  He has played 20+ games in the championship and 3 years ago partnered Nat Phillips at the heart of Liverpool's defence for the final 5 games of the season.  At the time they were out of the top 4 and managed to win all 5 games with Williams in the team and finished 3rd.  

• Like 3

2 hours ago, Guppys left peg said:

Sounds like he’d fit right in.

If Kofi goes back good luck to him. You can see he has the attributes to be a pretty decent defender but needs to cut out the mental errors. That certainly won’t cut it at this level never mind the PL.

As soon as the pitches got heavier it was like balmer was wearing toasters for boots. Just stomps around and gets stuck in the mud.

Feel a bit sorry for him as it's just not got going for him.

• Like 1

On 06/01/2024 at 18:01, darren1810 said:

Ignore the darren1810 box above for some reason it copied in and I can't delete it.

Correct me if I'm wrong but if Cole Stockton goes barrow, that means an attack of him, JP and Dom Telford 😳

Much as I love his goals, makes you wonder about his attitude. 🤔

Edited by Hoppers

2 hours ago, PVFC FAN said:

PVFC, TBH, I’d just be happy with any player that can secure our L1 status. Obviously the problem with loan players is they leave a hole when recalled. We need to get it right in the summer for next season. 

Obviously the problem with loan players is they leave a hole when recalled. We need to get it right in the summer for next season. 

Sometimes that's a good thing (that we're not lumbered with them)! I don't have any problem with us going after as many loans as we can, so long as they are better, or much better, than we could get permanently. Ollie and Alfie clearly fall into that category. Kofi and Josh not so much (though Josh I liked). Weir looks promising. Not a bad record for loans this season so far, especially when compared with previous seasons (who could forget Callum Whelan). So long as we do the same kind of quality consistently every window, we're likely to get better players than we could permanently, without the long term risk
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, philmpv said:

Sometimes that's a good thing (that we're not lumbered with them)! I don't have any problem with us going after as many loans as we can, so long as they are better, or much better, than we could get permanently. Ollie and Alfie clearly fall into that category. Kofi and Josh not so much (though Josh I liked). Weir looks promising. Not a bad record for loans this season so far, especially when compared with previous seasons (who could forget Callum Whelan). So long as we do the same kind of quality consistently every window, we're likely to get better players than we could permanently, without the long term risk

Phil, hard for me to comment about Josh without having seen more of him

3 hours ago, Playa Amodores said:

PVFC, TBH, I’d just be happy with any player that can secure our L1 status. Obviously the problem with loan players is they leave a hole when recalled. We need to get it right in the summer for next season. 

There is risk to be managed which was done poorly last Jan. But a big difference this time is the large number of our young players we have brought through to the first team squad. We need to give them a lot of opportunities whilst not over playing / relying on them. The loan players we've brought in recently fit the development model the club has. In general we are not now taking on loan old farts. I'm an old fart by the way, so I can say that!

17 hours ago, darren1810 said:

Had awful loan at Aberdeen where he didn't play a single game. Got recalled a couple of weeks ago.

Makes sense. 

When he was at Aberdeen he was never fit , hamstring and ankle issues in other words a croc 

• Like 1