onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

January Transfers and Rumours

werstayinup

2 hours ago, Dr Delgado said:

For the first time ever I think it might be the right decision to allow Nathan Smith to leave. I wouldn’t be sad if he stayed because his effort and commitment in a Vale shirt is evident for all to see. I just think that the current style of play doesn’t suit his skill base. I think a parting of the ways may suit both parties. Smith would have something to offer as a competitive spoiling centre back at a club who play in a different way. I think we need a footballing centre back with a bit of pace to compliment our intended style of play. I never thought he would struggle to hold his place in the team but this has been the case of late.

I've thought on similar lines.

However, I feel really sorry for him. He's an effective central defender, but this season has played all across the back, and with a variety of others.

Little wonder his form has suffered.

Imo, play him central, or not at all.

He's not the only one who has suffered by being played out of position.

• Like 5

Advert

Listening to Andy Crosby’s interview after yesterdays game, he said the club had said it would take 3 transfer windows to improve the side into where we wanted to go as a club. As this is the second window, I would expect some business to be done by  the club in this current window that will benefit the side otherwise it’s a waste of one of those windows.

• Like 5

2 hours ago, Micko said:

Listening to Andy Crosby’s interview after yesterdays game, he said the club had said it would take 3 transfer windows to improve the side into where we wanted to go as a club. As this is the second window, I would expect some business to be done by  the club in this current window that will benefit the side otherwise it’s a waste of one of those windows.

I noticed that too. But after last years Jan window, I haven't got high hopes...

• Like 1

Neither have i to be honest. We are desperate for a dominant centre half and a striker who has pace and an eye for goal. We lose momentum when we lose Wilson upfront. Loft has been a real let down and we are desperate for a striker who i# capable of getting 10 goals between now and the end of the season. It was good to see more shots on goal yesterday and both Alfie Devine and James Wilson were the great. I’m hoping that we do some good business in the next couple of weeks. If we don’t I fear that a lot of the fans will have real and justified reasons to challenge what is going on with recruitment at the club.

On 06/01/2024 at 12:08, TJHValiant said:

The research is vital totally agree. However given that this year we have looked clearly short up front and have been wanting across midfield and defense since October, you’d think it has been clear and obvious that it needed to be done and done well...

We let 11 players go, in Summer and brought in 13 (4 on loan). We've since then sustained about 12 injuries - how the Hell are we supposed to legislate for that? Would you have broken any budget by bringing in another 12 players, just in case? Is that how you'd approach any transfer window? Bring in double the number of players we need, in case we get some injuries? 

• Like 3

2 hours ago, LancyTony said:

We let 11 players go, in Summer and brought in 13 (4 on loan). We've since then sustained about 12 injuries - how the Hell are we supposed to legislate for that? Would you have broken any budget by bringing in another 12 players, just in case? Is that how you'd approach any transfer window? Bring in double the number of players we need, in case we get some injuries? 

Pompey had 8 players out when they played us. Spurs v Brighton, 20 players out injured. We are not unique.

1 hour ago, MelbourneValiant said:

Pompey had 8 players out when they played us. Spurs v Brighton, 20 players out injured. We are not unique.

How big is the Pompey squad, how .Uche did their squad cost to put together and what is their annual budget. Finally, are you comparing apples for apples. 

• Like 4

How big is the Pompey squad, how .Uche did their squad cost to put together and what is their annual budget. Finally, are you comparing apples for apples. 
Pompey, like all L1 clubs are allowed 22 over 21s, plus goalies and U21s. They can have more adults as spares but not in the squad.

Sent from my SM-A715F using onevalefan mobile app

7 hours ago, LancyTony said:

Thank goodness we replaced our appalling pitch , just imagine the injury toll we would have had otherwise. 😁

• Like 3
  • Haha 4