onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

2023/24 fixtures

ollyandpatch

Advert

1 hour ago, Raveninblack said:

I expect Carlisle away one night  on a completely difficult night to get there 

Yes, I predicted that some time ago, given that Carlisle is (otherwise) the easiest game for me to get to!

4 hours ago, ollyandpatch said:

Crystal balls out. Let's see who will be picking next weekends lottery numbers?

First and last games (or the odd one in between)

I am going for Fleetwood away up first and Portsmouth home on last day. Carlisle away on Boxing day. 

Apparently Pompey have already sold 3k

I'd like Portsmouth Reading Oxford away first as my ladies auntie lives down that way so be able hop on train to either from Basingstoke
First home game I'd like it be Reading we owe them for that 0-4 many moons ago or Blackpool as we usually beat them at home
Boxing day Fleetwood away

Sent from my SM-A202F using onevalefan mobile app

Didn't we beat Reading at their place later that season, with Van der Laan and Nicky Cross both scoring crackers ?

5 hours ago, Vale 1971 said:

I'd like Portsmouth Reading Oxford away first as my ladies auntie lives down that way so be able hop on train to either from Basingstoke
First home game I'd like it be Reading we owe them for that 0-4 many moons ago or Blackpool as we usually beat them at home

For those who attend Reading if staying over there’s a Premier Inn just across the road.

3 hours ago, Birches Head Fred said:
7 hours ago, Vale 1971 said:

Didn't we beat Reading at their place later that season, with Van der Laan and Nicky Cross both scoring crackers ?

Was the 0-4 when Jimmy Quinn scored a couple, the season they went up to the 2nd tier as Champions and we joined them in second having beat Brighton on the last day of the season (the day it never stopped raining!)?

Edit: think the VDL and Nicky Cross goals were away at Brentford.

Was the 0-4 when Jimmy Quinn scored a couple, the season they went up to the 2nd tier as Champions and we joined them in second having beat Brighton on the last day of the season (the day it never stopped raining!)?

Yes you are right about the VDL and Cross goals, memory isn't my strong point, however I do believe we did win at Reading in the reverse fixture.

Remember some parts of that season vividly since it was is my one and only 100% league attendance (home and away) following the Vale.  Thought I owed it to myself having endured the ecstasy and the agony at the end of the season before (Autoglass and play-off finals) but still managing to get a job in the Summer despite those semis and finals being bang in the middle of my finals (at uni) - well I had to spend my newly enhanced disposable income on something worthwhile 😀

2 hours ago, Birches Head Fred said:
14 hours ago, Trumpingtonvale said:

Yes you are right about the VDL and Cross goals, memory isn't my strong point, however I do believe we did win at Reading in the reverse fixture.

14 hours ago, Trumpingtonvale said:

I'm sure Kevin Kent got both goals and we were 2 up within 10 to 15 minutes. Although my memory also plays tricks too. I'm actually doubting myself as I type ! 

Archived