onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Mike Baggaley

Jacko51

Advert

14 hours ago, andy jones said:

Wonder if Baggers might show some interest in the new Fans Liaison role that the club have announced. He has all the credentials i suspect?

Would be ideally suited  but we are having a big churn of backroom staff and cost cutting redundancies in similar type roles  . Forget the industry we are in but would be a red flag to me as a prospective employee.

This is just to stir things up. Burton is in Staffordshire. BBC Radio Stoke covers Staffordshire and South Cheshire. So it should be covering Burton. Radio Derby covers the county of Derbyshire. So it's not set up to cover Burton. Burton has fell into a blackhole and maybe Port Vale and Crewe are following it! 

19 minutes ago, Warren said:

This is just to stir things up. Burton is in Staffordshire. BBC Radio Stoke covers Staffordshire and South Cheshire. So it should be covering Burton. Radio Derby covers the county of Derbyshire. So it's not set up to cover Burton. Burton has fell into a blackhole and maybe Port Vale and Crewe are following it! 

Radio Stoke cover North Staffordshire and South Cheshire 

Radio Derby claims to cover East Staffordshire.

4 hours ago, Warren said:

DE postcode. **** ‘em.

4 hours ago, Shropshire_Valiant said:

Cheshire has always fallen into bit of black hole particularly where bbc local radio is concerned.  As there's never been a Radio Cheshire any teams either fall under Merseyside, Manc or Stoke radio stations.

I think it's the only county that doesn't have a dedicated BBC station?

By the same geographical logic, I could never grasp why RS didn't cover Macc, which is closer than Crewe,  if you live in Biddulph, though I accept that it's only 12 miles or so from Stockport,  probably covered by Radio Manchester. 

Trying to get Radio Stoke to realise Biddulph is on their patch was and is impossible.

Try asking the organisers of the 'Biddulph up in Arms' gigs who do their best to promote local talent whilst also having top quality overseas Country,  Blues, Folk and Indie artists from the likes of Nashville guesting!

Anyone into that genre of music please see forthcoming gigs list on Google.

Past gigs videos are on You Tube.

When I view the Sentinel page, after being bombarded with adverts on 60% of my screen, the local news is mainly about crime. Nothing else. 
Hardly worth viewing.
The adverts make it unreadable. Hard to see where the actual article is sometimes. Really poor reader experience.

Bit of a kick in the teeth to get rid of Vale coverage but keep Stokes? Unbiased my a***.

On 24/05/2023 at 07:30, The man in the pub said:
On 20/05/2023 at 22:52, Rory said:
It's had its day.

Probably why Baggers left, a major decision for someone who spent so long in his position. Says everything that he jumped ship, looks like it's a sinking one.

He didn’t jump. 

1 hour ago, andy jones said:

Trying to get Radio Stoke to realise Biddulph is on their patch was and is impossible.

Try asking the organisers of the 'Biddulph up in Arms' gigs who do their best to promote local talent whilst also having top quality overseas Country,  Blues, Folk and Indie artists from the likes of Nashville guesting!

RIP Picko. Did their best for many years

7 hours ago, andy jones said:

Hey AJ, thanks for this, as me and the missus love our country music (not the old  country and western stuff), but the big current stars like Luke Combs and Morgan Wallen.  Also, RS don't play anything before 1978, so you're also out of luck if you like the 60's, as well as The Vale. 

BTW,  I didn't know about this event. 

Archived