onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

The defence for Sammy Robinson

smithie

Advert

My issue with Sammy is ironically given the title of the thread his actual defending. He doesn’t seem to have a great deal of football intelligence / situational awareness and that is going to stop him progressing.

Could care less if he mouthed <ovf censored> off to anyone in the stands. From what I’ve seen of the video he was getting as good as he was giving so it’s understandable if he lost his temper in the heat of the moment. Just perform on the pitch the rest will take care of itself.

Sammy needs to play in a position where exuberance is an asset and not a liability. That is further forward in the team and of course on the right side. Benning needs to play left back / wing back.  Slept 24 hours. Forgive his much provoked indiscretion. I think he wants to play for Port Vale - whereas 2 players out there yesterday do not. 

4 hours ago, darren1810 said:

Regardless of yesterday he should be one of the first  names on the free transfer list.

A garbage footballer .

Wholeheartedly agree. I am patient with what we have to do development wise but the lad has had several chances now and doesn't look up to it.

Considering he's played the same role as James Gibbons from last season (RWB, LWB, emergency CB), he's nowhere near him.

I fear we'll do the same with Nathan Smith and end up with someone of a similar nature as an "upgrade".

12 minutes ago, Granville said:

Wholeheartedly agree. I am patient with what we have to do development wise but the lad has had several chances now and doesn't look up to it.

Considering he's played the same role as James Gibbons from last season (RWB, LWB, emergency CB), he's nowhere near him.

I fear we'll do the same with Nathan Smith and end up with someone of a similar nature as an "upgrade".

I don't rate James Gibbons much. He's played for us at L2 level, not L1. It took him 1-2 seasons to learn how to keep the ball on the pitch when crossing. He did get the hang in his last season with us. He got injured often and we can't carry players like that. Sometimes it's the player's way of playing that gets them injured? 

If he had stayed with us he may have improved, but not gagging that he left. At right wing back he ain't a fraction of the player Worrall is. But that said I want Worrall further forward and attacking - difficult in our formation. 

5 hours ago, Vale 1971 said:

For one I never slag a player off while at the games I encourage come and join me in Rp first and RS of you think I do it nearly kills me I encourage that much in fact been told calm down I'm 52 this year
All the other things you have answered how I would have answered .
I don't go away games but don't let that get in the way of you do not down tools in any walk of life if you do you expect be annihilated.

SR didn't down tools, he was just crap, and sorry, but any 19/20 year old who has the balls to tell a few drunken middle aged pillocks to eff off Is all right by me. 

By the way did anyone else notice the d@ckhead wearing a two foot long blow up Penis - sums it up.

Be like Hoppers and have a real one that long 🤩

Anyway, if he is given a chance in a plausible position he could make it as a player. I think he needs to have a model of play. By that I mean look at Worrall who has a reasonably broad set of approaches in the game situations he encounters. He never sets off on a random dribble without a specific intended outcome. 

If they cant take it they shouldn't give it. And if you were in his shoes you would  probably do the same so I have no problem with him giving those shouting a bit back. I do have a  problem with his performances and don't think he's a league 1 player at the moment. 

Sorry but I think footballers should be able to put up with abuse and not give it back, as long as it doesn’t cross a line of racism, homophobia etc. It’s part of their job. Just shut your gob and get on with it. Maybe they shouldn’t be such a <ovf censored> bunch of dossers week in week out.

1 hour ago, Powerline said:

Sorry but I think footballers should be able to put up with abuse and not give it back, as long as it doesn’t cross a line of racism, homophobia etc. It’s part of their job. Just shut your gob and get on with it. Maybe they shouldn’t be such a <ovf censored> bunch of dossers week in week out.

More than 20 years ago now, I had the Leader of a big Council apologise at a social event (both there by chance at Christmas) for the behaviour of the Chief Executive Officer. In fact it wasn't me (the statutory auditor) he'd abused. He'd called his own Director of Finance a ....... .... at a meeting we were all at. 

So where to go with this. I wasn't offended by the Chief Executive Officer. He was a highly intelligent rugby player. He's naturally like that. Once he'd blown a fuse we were going to arrive at a sensible outcome. And did.

So actually I'm not offended and got my job done to keep their budget setting for the Council lawful and reasonable. 

The point is to know the person behind the event. If in the end they are intelligent, talented and will ultimately do the right thing. Then let go of what has happened in the moment for the sake of the bigger picture. 

If not, there is a significant dispute / issue. 

14 hours ago, mr.hobblesworth said:

There's a bloke with glasses stood up at the front screaming "<ovf censored> off" at all the players as they approach the tunnel. There's another guy with a beard, stood behind a line of stewards, seemingly offering the players on in a fight.  Guess it's their right but it's a bit much to then be so outraged by someone laughing or saying '<ovf censored> off' back. 

Watching that has give me sweaty palms.

Embarrassing.

7 hours ago, Warren said:

More than 20 years ago now, I had the Leader of a big Council apologise at a social event (both there by chance at Christmas) for the behaviour of the Chief Executive Officer. In fact it wasn't me (the statutory auditor) he'd abused. He'd called his own Director of Finance a ....... .... at a meeting we were all at. 

So where to go with this. I wasn't offended by the Chief Executive Officer. He was a highly intelligent rugby player. He's naturally like that. Once he'd blown a fuse we were going to arrive at a sensible outcome. And did.

So actually I'm not offended and got my job done to keep their budget setting for the Council lawful and reasonable. 

The point is to know the person behind the event. If in the end they are intelligent, talented and will ultimately do the right thing. Then let go of what has happened in the moment for the sake of the bigger picture. 

If not, there is a significant dispute / issue. 

You can’t compare football to normal jobs though. It’s just not the same.

Archived