onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

The defence for Sammy Robinson

smithie

Advert

40 minutes ago, hamilboy said:

That is the trouble we have not got the players to play the system Worrall is not a wing back does his best but he is a winger always has been .Robinson is not a full back cannot defend Benning the same can you tell me what Massey is supposed to be i have no clue at all why have we got so many square pegs in round holes football is not rocket science just start with the basics we have a mish mash of lower league players who cannot cope with the job they are given.

Your last few words sum it up, “a mish mash of lower league players who cannot cope”.  Poor recruitment in both summer and January windows combined with an inability to field our best players consistently have done us.

1 hour ago, Rampant Zebra said:

Robinson was released by a premiership academy and had previously only played U21 football. It was a massive ask to expect him to step straight up to men's football at league 1 level. 

He's 21 and been here 18 months. If he can't play 20 odd games in the season then when exactly are we expecting him to be able to be up to the standard required to be able to play 40+ games a season for us?

6 hours ago, Wrex said:

He's 21 and been here 18 months. If he can't play 20 odd games in the season then when exactly are we expecting him to be able to be up to the standard required to be able to play 40+ games a season for us?

Exactly this.

There's younger players in this division on loan from higher clubs who have done well. 

Azaz for example is 22 and was brilliant last season at 21 with Newport.  Trafford the Bolton keeper is aged 20. 

I'm not having the age thing as an excuse. He's just crap and will be when he's 26. 

Good interview with Mark Kennedy. I still think Robinson might have blown his career right there. I’m sure there’s a player in there but totally lacks discipline in how he plays. We’ll see, Clarke was keen not to be too harsh on him but I’m steaming tbh.

9 hours ago, Wrex said:

TBF to him, his best position is where Worrall is playing, the same applied to when Mckirdy was here. Worrall is one of the best and consistent players we have at the club so going to be difficult for anyone to get regular game time at that position.

2 hours ago, darren1810 said:

Exactly this.

There's younger players in this division on loan from higher clubs who have done well. 

Azaz for example is 22 and was brilliant last season at 21 with Newport.  Trafford the Bolton keeper is aged 20. 

I'm not having the age thing as an excuse. He's just crap and will be when he's 26. 

Is that the Azaz who had a season in League 2 with Cheltenham? Bit more of a gradual progression than Sammy's career

Sammy just isnt a team player sadly. Every time he gets the ball you fear what he is going to do as unfortunately he makes mistake after mistake during a match.  Invariably he runs into a brick wall and has no positional sense. The only game where he made an impression was away at Sheffield Wednesday as someone else has commented

Archived