onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

The defence for Sammy Robinson

smithie

First up, l wasn't at the game yesterday although I did watch it on ifollow. 

From what I've read, Robinson was one of the players and staff who were abused on the way off at the end and responded in a way that some didn't like.

First up, he's young and inexperienced. I doubt he's had that kind of ear-bashing too often in his short career and clearly it got to him. He's not the first and he won't be the last to bite. He may well be well-advised to let his feet do the talking in future and I'm hoping one of the senior players will have put him straight.

Secondly, l think it's fair to say (putting it charitably) he's an uncomplicated young man going by his interviews.  There's an almost-appealing immaturity to him (his celebration of a well-timer tackle by himself at Portsmouth as an example), but he's clearly got a lot to learn. His positioning was lousy more than once yesterday but it's not his fault he's being played in a sub-optimal position.

Third and last, l honestly can't see what that kind of barracking achieves. If he plays a stormer on Monday then it could be argued it's had the desired effect. But I don't know of anyone who performs better after that treatment. 

I totally understand I'm probably in a minority of one on this! 

Advert

1 hour ago, timvalefan said:

These idiots who are shouting abuse, need to look at themselves, If they were subjected to this kind of abuse, what would their reaction be?.

It does seem that we have a large amount of morons who travel to the away games.

Yes the brain-dead knuckle dragging delinquent core of our support is as healthy as ever

Why they braindead because they care .
What do you want them do give the players standing ovation ?
They spent there hard earned on going the game yesterday to be embarrassed by a club who get 2000 gates and your defending the players who have brought great shame to PVFC .
Are you a new supporter ?
Do you not realise the damage been done by this sequence of results .
Do you want Vale head back to dire league ?
These fans care I hope it gets a response out of the slackers work shy players .
As for Robinson he isn't good enough to give the fans the f off back I look forwards to seeing him Monday if selected .
No hiding place for any of these now
Calm down youth, it’s only a game

They spent there hard earned on going the game yesterday to be embarrassed by a club who get 2000 gates and your defending the players who have brought great shame to PVFC .
These fans care I hope it gets a response out of the slackers work shy players .
As for Robinson he isn't good enough to give the fans the f off back I look forwards to seeing him Monday if selected .
You can still be brain-dead if you care, caring and intelligence are not correlating features.
No I do not want to give poor players a standing ovation, where did I say I did?
I also have not defended any players from yesterday, please find where I have done?
Some Fans also bring great shame to PVFC.
No I am not a new supporter, I have had a season ticket since the age of 8, I have also renewed for next season, whilst spending £80 in the club shop on things I did not need.
I understand that losing football games with bad performances can lead to loss of gate receipts, loss of on game revenue, and reduced season ticket sales in the next season.
No, why would I want Vale to get relegated? Even suggesting such a thing of another Vale fan exudes lack of intelligence.
I'm sure the fans do care. But players are people too. If I was a player and I had a load of knuckle draggers offloading obscenities on to me, I probably wouldn't bother with trying in the next games either, these players aren't vale fans, why should they give a about people that are arseholes?
I look forward to hearing about how you slagging off Robinson at the game on Monday (if he plays) will lead to him or the team playing better, because I expect I know the answer to this already!

2 minutes ago, Vale 1971 said:

For one I never slag a player off while at the games I encourage come and join me in Rp first and RS of you think I do it nearly kills me I encourage that much in fact been told calm down I'm 52 this year
All the other things you have answered how I would have answered .
I don't go away games but don't let that get in the way of you do not down tools in any walk of life if you do you expect be annihilated.

Plenty of people down tools in real life.

For example say you waited a while for a burger in mcdonalds and you started screaming at the staff there. Would they get you your food quicker? No, would they spit in your food? maybe. Would the manager at mcdonalds take your side over their own staff? Highly unlikely

There's a bloke with glasses stood up at the front screaming "<ovf censored> off" at all the players as they approach the tunnel. There's another guy with a beard, stood behind a line of stewards, seemingly offering the players on in a fight.  Guess it's their right but it's a bit much to then be so outraged by someone laughing or saying '<ovf censored> off' back. 

1 hour ago, Vale 1971 said:

We’ll said 1971 if the players showed the same passion as the fans who went to Accrington we wouldn’t be in the mess we are right now

I think Sammy can be excused to some extent. He's still only a young lad and was obviously angry, which he should be.

Massey was the one that really angered me. The smarmy look on his face, laughing and sarcastically clapping after his "efforts" this season. He can <ovf censored> right off, he shouldn't wear a Vale top again for me.

3 hours ago, smithie said:

First up, l wasn't at the game yesterday although I did watch it on ifollow. 

From what I've read, Robinson was one of the players and staff who were abused on the way off at the end and responded in a way that some didn't like.

First up, he's young and inexperienced. I doubt he's had that kind of ear-bashing too often in his short career and clearly it got to him. He's not the first and he won't be the last to bite. He may well be well-advised to let his feet do the talking in future and I'm hoping one of the senior players will have put him straight.

Secondly, l think it's fair to say (putting it charitably) he's an uncomplicated young man going by his interviews.  There's an almost-appealing immaturity to him (his celebration of a well-timer tackle by himself at Portsmouth as an example), but he's clearly got a lot to learn. His positioning was lousy more than once yesterday but it's not his fault he's being played in a sub-optimal position.

Third and last, l honestly can't see what that kind of barracking achieves. If he plays a stormer on Monday then it could be argued it's had the desired effect. But I don't know of anyone who performs better after that treatment. 

I totally understand I'm probably in a minority of one on this! 

Not at all. I agree with every word you wrote.

it’s weird to me that people feel they can shout anything they like, but if someone bites back, they get an attack of the vapours.

Cantona had the right idea!

Archived