onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Where do we go from here?

RayWalkers40yarder

After a tremendous promotion season last year against the odds it seemed when DC had such a terrible time the club needs time to adjust to L1. The wonderful season in L2 has been replaced with the cold hard reality of L1.
At the beginning of the season our aim should have been survival, then, consolodate and build a team over the next couple of season to push for promotion; did we get ahead of ourselves before Xmas, yes I think we did.
We obviously need a new pitch and have done for many a season, we will need to build the team in readiness for a promotion push and to replace some out of contract players.
With the cost of living crisis and promotion last year trimming the budget in certain area's to benefit others is what every company does, even more so now these days. I have more confidence in our current owners than in any over the past 30 odd years.
Where do we go from here - we take stock, we survive in L1 and we push on under the astute ownership that ensures PVFC is here for the now and for the future.
Spot on!

Advert

On 05/02/2023 at 15:09, DazFred said:

You believe? So it's a rumour then?

I know for a fact Donaldson is actually a Liverpoo fan and has signed shirts in his office. He has invested heavily in the club but gets a huge amount of publicity for Autonet in return...the half time competition,a sponsored stand,name on kits,lots of advertising round the ground. Maybe Carol is not interested in giving up almost half of the business? Maybe Donaldson could invest more money into the club and this could go towards the playing budget?

I believe does not suggest it’s a rumour  , just you moving this along to express your own narrative .

8 minutes ago, Rockape99 said:

I believe does not suggest it’s a rumour  , just you moving this along to express your own narrative .

I just there's a lot of whispering in the background and it has a negative effect at times.

My info on Donaldson is fact...I saw it with my own eyes and I'm entitled to have my take on things. Who in their right mind would invest in a club and then look at proposals where you give practically half of the ownership away?

We all want what's best for the club but all of a sudden all the doon merchants are out again.

I'll settle for staying up and building on that foundation 

1 hour ago, DazFred said:

I just there's a lot of whispering in the background and it has a negative effect at times.

My info on Donaldson is fact...I saw it with my own eyes and I'm entitled to have my take on things. Who in their right mind would invest in a club and then look at proposals where you give practically half of the ownership away?

We all want what's best for the club but all of a sudden all the doon merchants are out again.

I'll settle for staying up and building on that foundation 

49% may be practically half, but 51% outvotes 49% every day of the week.

Anyway, all just rumours 

On 07/02/2023 at 02:14, LancyTony said:

I don't remember Bill Bell giving Rudgie more than about 50% of player sales?  We sold Jon McCarthy for £1.5 million...Ainsworth the next season for £2 million - who did we replace them with? 

I often wonder how Marcus Bent would have played for Rudgie.

Krikey - I had assumed that 'where do we go from here?' was going to be a thread about the future of the club. It seems from the posts on here that most have read it as some sort of existential question!

My answer was going to be 'onwards and upwards - in a steady and sensible manner' but I'll accept the spirit of the thread and join in..

1.Am I a mouse?

2.Is the world made of cheese?

3.Who was the major of Bratislava in 1776?

4.Is a fact a fact or is it a spider?

Point 1.It is rumoured that I am a mouse and..

Point 2. I believe that the world is made of 49% cheese and..

Point 3. Point 2 must mean that the major of Bratislava was Kevin Webster from Corrie, for £1.25m.

Point 4. <Insert video of Jimmy Greaves>

3. This is the worst kind of historical revisionism and should incur a ban from this esteemed site. There was a city there, more commonly known as Pressburg. In those feudal times there was no major, the nearest thing being the Richtári who advocated for the feudal lord. His name at that time was Alex Kevitzky though he took over at the beginning of the year from Michael Gombos.

Point 2 … I hate this sort of thing, people coming on here “in the know” but unable to say because it would expose their sauce at the club. Spit it out man / woman cheese and what - toast? Pickle? SkyBet have “those little cubes of pineapple” coming in at 2:1 have you been gaming the market?

Archived