onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Where do we go from here?

RayWalkers40yarder

3 hours ago, Playa Amodores said:

I think the club have to hold their hands up and accept that they’re partially to blame for a percentage of the negativity. The phrase ‘Championship Ready’, a lot of ppl would have brought into that and expected it this season. Could be the individuals interpretation of this that’s fuelling the negativity. Fans are fickle and do expect to win every week, which we all know isn’t possible for any team. I do accept though some of the comments regarding the quality of performance and that is the main thing for me. I just want at the final whistle, win, lose or draw to think well we give it a go and it just wasn’t good enough today. This gives me the belief that if we play well and lose the next time we play well, we’ll win. Let’s see where we are at the end of the month as we’ll have a better idea as to what this season holds for us.

KTF

Stung is sure the majority knew exactly what was meant and the sentiment behind the 'championship ready ' talk, the not so clever element of the fan base have chosen to interpret it in a different way than what it was meant to suit their negative agenda .

Advert

Stung is sure the majority knew exactly what was meant and the sentiment behind the 'championship ready ' talk, the not so clever element of the fan base have chosen to interpret it in a different way than what it was meant to suit their negative agenda .
Certainly an agenda but for the life of me I can't think why.

Sent from my SM-A217F using onevalefan mobile app

I won't repeat what you've deleted but if you are in touch with someone who 'knows stuff', do you think we should be worried? I'd presumed we were just having some restructuring possibly due to increased payments on loans or something. Thought the days of dishonesty were behind us.

Why post then delete it?

Possibly, but for a League 1 Football Club to lose/sack:
- Head of academy
- Comms Director
- Stadium Manager
- Head of Social Media
- Head Groundsman
- Head of Foundation
within 12 months is a bit crazy. No wonder rumours are flying - a load of people probably cheesed off. 
They have all been replaced by new staff and it's not unusual to replace management level employees when you take over a new business

4 hours ago, Playa Amodores said:

Phil, I’d have thought most of us would have seen it like that, but others I’ve spoken to see it as playing in a higher league. Talking about a Potteries Derby. I appreciate you shouldn’t need to be to specific but with some fans still riding the wave of promotion that’s how they’ve interpreted the statement. 

I’d love to see us in the championship and we should have the ambition to drive for that but I’m not sure what our owners interpretation of championship ready is, we need to spend millions and millions to match even the lower teams in the championship in what they have off the pitch let alone on the pitch.

4 hours ago, WV said:

Ive seen a few posters saying we should be making a push for promotion next season. Consolidate this year and promotion next year. 

I certainly hope we will, we should have ambition but that does not mean I demand or expect promotion.

3 hours ago, Guitar Ray said:

I think the table as it stands would suggest more like top 9 or 10 rather than top 6.

If you think our first choice 11 is weaker than last season do you mean what would be our actual first choice from a fully fit squad or the team we’re having to field due to injury?  I just think that it’s rare we can field our first choice so we’re bound to look weaker up against better opponents than we faced last season.  Also, when you say FGR owner has lost interest and then look at their recruitment in the window, and their new “big name” manager, it doesn’t suggest to me that Vince has lost interest.  Far from it, he’s pushed the boat out big time in an effort to stay up.

I’d say our first 11 is not as good when everyone Is fully fit. Hall is better than Donnelly or Jones, Gibbo is better than Forrester or Cass. Ojo is better than Conlan, Taylor is as good as, maybe better than Butterworth, Stevens is better than Stone. All the other positions are taken by players who were here last season.

2 hours ago, Vale Ball said:

You need a wooden spoon,. ...

Why? If that is true then questions should be raised. Cracks have appeared lately and need to be sealed asap, confidence is low within the club at the moment, that is clear to see and questions do need to be answered. Hopefully there shouldn’t be any problems but the public have every right to ask the questions.

2 hours ago, JoeB2 said:

Possibly, but for a League 1 Football Club to lose/sack:

- Head of academy

Who is that? Thought we had Will Ryder at Head of Academy? 

- Comms Director

Think Tideswell thought the job of managing a few young social media lads beneath him. We’ve hired a Social Media Manager, which seems more suited to the duties at that level. 

- Stadium Manager

Not sure about that. Did he run out of playlists?  I imagine we will replace him. 

- Head of Social Media

Pretty sure that Luke wasn’t Head of. We have plenty of social media guys. 

- Head Groundsman

From what’s been said, was too opinionated. We’ve replaced him.

- Head of Foundation

We’ve just hired some as Head from Burton, so probably replaced him.

within 12 months is a bit crazy. No wonder rumours are flying - a load of people probably cheesed off. 

See above, think we have replaced the majority. Happens in most businesses. 

16 minutes ago, philpvfc said:

I’d love to see us in the championship and we should have the ambition to drive for that but I’m not sure what our owners interpretation of championship ready is, we need to spend millions and millions to match even the lower teams in the championship in what they have off the pitch let alone on the pitch.

Phil, for us who started going in the 70’s, we could never imagine the journey that JR took us on and it’s for that reason that I consider this as bordering on success for PVFC.

Why? If that is true then questions should be raised. Cracks have appeared lately and need to be sealed asap, confidence is low within the club at the moment, that is clear to see and questions do need to be answered. Hopefully there shouldn’t be any problems but the public have every right to ask the questions.
What happens if you personally don't like what you hear, what then ?

It's the Shanahans business it's there money I don't have the right to tell them what to do with there management, I can have an opinion but I don't have the right to demand to know what's what.

I'm not in the know but the Shanahans aren't on the make like previous owners for that I'm grateful.

42 minutes ago, philpvfc said:

Without context its <ovf censored> stirring true or not. We will never get context from both parties.

57 minutes ago, philpvfc said:

The public might have the right to ask the questions but the club has no obligation to give answers to them. 

What cracks have appeared, by the way? I don't live in the area so don't have my ear to the ground.

5 minutes ago, smithie said:

The public might have the right to ask the questions but the club has no obligation to give answers to them. 

What cracks have appeared, by the way? I don't live in the area so don't have my ear to the ground.

Lots of employees leaving, some long term and some choice of their own, a poor transfer window when we were in a position to challenge for the play offs, rumours of cost cutting, getting rid of Speedy yet our pitch has deteriorated, results and performances on the pitch. Might be nothing to worry about but people are fully justified in asking questions about what is going on.

Archived