onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Where do we go from here?

RayWalkers40yarder

Advert

On 05/02/2023 at 17:14, Fosse69 said:

Glover was bought to clinch promotion 3 seasons after promotion, we are only in our first season in Tier 3. Did not the money come from selling Andy Jones a player we had developed?

I don't remember Bill Bell giving Rudgie more than about 50% of player sales?  We sold Jon McCarthy for £1.5 million...Ainsworth the next season for £2 million - who did we replace them with? 

9 hours ago, Vale Ball said:

What happens if you personally don't like what you hear, what then ?

It's the Shanahans business it's there money I don't have the right to tell them what to do with there management, I can have an opinion but I don't have the right to demand to know what's what.

I'm not in the know but the Shanahans aren't on the make like previous owners for that I'm grateful.

Sent from my SM-A217F using onevalefan mobile app

Actually we do. Smurfwaite thought it was his money and his club but we soon starved him out.

The club is nothing without the fans and the budget is dictated by our money, despite the figures put in by Carol. 

It is true that Carol has ensured all the money goes back into the club, but we know over the years it is the fans who kept this club going. 

9 hours ago, LancyTony said:

Except he didn't go for netter money - he went because they offered him a shorter contract than we were hoping. Apparently he didn't want to get tied to a L1 side for too long because he was hoping for a higher League club to come in for him, making it easier as a free transfer! 

We offered him the same deal in terms of contract length they offered more money and then we had to sign a keeper on loan. 

3 hours ago, ginginator said:

Ainsworth left and we got Marcus Bent, Dave Brammer, Peter Beadle, he didnt stay long, Carl Griffths, Tony Butler and I think Alex Smith. Lee Mills went around then. Simon Barker and Ainsworth came in after J Mc left. 

Rudgey was soon to follow .

Didn’t Bridge Wilkinson come in the same time as Brammer? And Lowe on loan?

3 hours ago, ginginator said:

Ainsworth left and we got Marcus Bent, Dave Brammer, Peter Beadle, he didnt stay long, Carl Griffths, Tony Butler and I think Alex Smith. Lee Mills went around then. Simon Barker and Ainsworth came in after J Mc left. 

Rudgey was soon to follow .

Ainsworth left in 1998 was replaced with Rogier Koordes & Wayne Corden

Dave Brammer, Carl Griffiths, Tony Butler and Alex Smith were all signed by Brian Horton on transfer deadline day in 1999.

10 hours ago, Iron Curtain said:

Joe, honest question here… are you aware of the story of how we got our new head of academy and the support and mentoring he has in the game?

We had a fantastic Academy manager in Sevvy Aslam who also offered support and mentoring. Sevvy "left" and money was thrown at the Academy but all the boys who have sampled first team football are from when Sevvy was Academy manager

32 minutes ago, Brian Johnson said:

Ainsworth left in 1998 was replaced with Rogier Koordes & Wayne Corden

Dave Brammer, Carl Griffiths, Tony Butler and Alex Smith were all signed by Brian Horton on transfer deadline day in 1999.

1 hour ago, Alfie1962 said:

We had a fantastic Academy manager in Sevvy Aslam who also offered support and mentoring. Sevvy "left" and money was thrown at the Academy but all the boys who have sampled first team football are from when Sevvy was Academy manager

Doesn’t mean he wasn’t replaced by an impressive individual.

The original point made was that all these people has left… which had a negative connotation given the trope being thrown around that we had money problems.

Im simply balancing that with the fact that there have been replacements where needed… and in the case of our academy manager, a very impressive one.

10 hours ago, LancyTony said:

Realistically, I would say there's no fire - just plenty of smoke, stoked up by some of our fans who like to think they're "in the know"? Carol, Darrell and Flickers have all  sounded like they're still on the same page, with no dissent. It certainly sounded so at the last meeting?

But, we have "supporters" on here who conveniently forget their Vale history, in general, and recent history, in particular. For those of you who haven't been Vale fans since before Wembley - we had a couple of patches like this, last season - including losing 3 of our last 4 games necessitating that superbly-managed final game at Exeter - without which we would not have made the play-offs. That was a more worrying spell than this couploe of games - having been in or around the promotion / playoff places for much of the season, we needed that last day win to get there!

I'm not sure how some of you can compare last season's players - playing in a lower League, to this season's team? It;s chalk and cheese, and some of last year's team definitely struggled to adapt to this higher League. Gibbo, particulalry,, hasn't played that much this season so certainly couldn't be compared like-for-like with Wozza? 

We're in a good place...still...and I don't think there are any rifts behind the scenes?

As I've said before, there does appear to be a period of change behind the scenes, we have struggled of late on the pitch for obvious reasons. I guess we have to try and be realistic and put things into perspective - things could be a lot worse and have been, however, for whatever reason, there is a negative feel in the air with many?

31 minutes ago, Alfie1962 said:

How many players did Sevvy produce that came into the first team ?

Archived