onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Where do we go from here?

RayWalkers40yarder

21 hours ago, Sandyford_Lion said:

Breadwinner. Give Smith a break. Yes poor pass today, poor clearance v Derby and he does have a mistake in him.

Play him center and he will certainly be player of the year this season. He is having a good season. I think even you have commented that you have liked an appearance of smiths this season.

Smith is a mauler, a battler and a spoiler for opposition forwards. He can only play CB so long as he does the above plus winning headers, all I want him to do when he gets the ball is hoof it up the pitch. Not pretty, but that’s the lads game and he’s effective when being tasked with this. The fans know it but for some reason the management don’t. 

Advert

Smith is first name on the team sheet.
Unfortunately you are right .
Personally feel its time for the lad move on yes he as improved but not enough for another club come in with a bid for him .
He is not irreplaceable .
Very rare he doesn't play but many a time selected and played well for sure but many times he as played very poorly as well .
Try someone else you might be pleasantly surprised you might not .
Not really a threat from set pieces .
Good battler and fighter but teams got him worked out now I feel but everyone to there own .
We need better than him for sure

23 hours ago, RayWalkers40yarder said:

that was a shambles and a disgrace to the shirt. only ojo came out of that game with any credit - it was like the whole side turned up and thought fuckit were safe now . have we even got the money to go any further? weve not really turned up apart from 30 minutes against derby at home since boxing day and its worrying. the home form is shocking and putting out a side with no forwards is asking for it.

Play Ojo. That’s what they say on the tv advert 

32 minutes ago, Breadwinner said:

Personally feel its time for the lad move on yes he as improved but not enough for another club come in with a bid for him .
Very rare he doesn't play but many a time selected 

By five managers.  Must have quite a stash of compromising pictures.  Best defender at the club. Key word defender.

15 minutes ago, Playa Amodores said:

Caroline, I’m not in the know. Where is all this information coming from that we're broke.?

Nobody is saying we’re broke.  You can see how these stories work it’s Chinese whispers.  One minute we’ve made a few business decisions to save money and the next it’s taken as gospel that we’re skint.  The fact we’ve signed a “big name” striker, albeit mildly injured, doesn’t seem to register with some people, who are more focused on the lack of pies at halftime.

3 hours ago, Fosse69 said:
3 hours ago, butt lane vale fan said:
Tbf to people on this thread, I don't see the fact fans want to see investment as moaning. Its clear as day that to go any further and to be able sustain Championship football and not look out of place, Carol will need to be open to allowing others onboard. Of course we all want a club to support for years to come, but we also don't want to just plod along for the rest of time, yoyoing between L1 and L2. 
That's far from a moan

We can't rely on a stream of investors, the business has to grow, the home attendance has to grow to at least 10,000, player development has to grow, and we can't keep buying players. There is a lot of work to do to stay in the Championship should we get there unless the structure of EFL changes.

10000 WOW

Our home support has grown from 4000 + to 7000 max after new owners, massive change around on the pitch, wembley, promotion and first half of a decent league 1 season.

How do we grow another 3000 realistically ? Will take many years WITHOUT success on the pitch and further BIG change off the pitch. Dont believe that can be achieved without further investment. Chicken n egg yes i know but i do not see 3000 more fans to Vale park withgout success on the pitch in league 1.

To develop our own players to sustain our position in league 1 is a dream. We have to sign players, this end of season in particular, or we will struggle.

Investment is needed.

39 minutes ago, Breadwinner said:

Very rare he doesn't play but many a time selected and played well for sure but many times he as played very poorly as well .
Good battler and fighter but teams got him worked out now I feel but everyone to there own .

Everyone is entitled to their opinion but I have to say you can’t see the wood for the trees with this statement.

46 minutes ago, Breadwinner said:

Hes the best we have. Every center back signed last three seasons is nowhere near as good.

1 hour ago, pete vale said:

Andy Jones was sold in September 1987, Glover bought in Feb 1989. More likely 'some' of the money came from the 87/88 cup run and Bill Bell's confidence in JR in the transfer market.

Whatever Vale (Rudge & Bell) did it worked and the key here wasmaking sure we had a side that could compete with the likes of Wolves, Sheff Utd and laterly Stoke on the pitch. Take care of the football and football takes care of itself. Football and sport in itself is often a game of risk and taking a chance. More fail than succeed.

The money for Dean Glover came from selling Vale's training ground in Cobridge

Talk about an over reaction from a few disappointing results. Imagine if we were in the bottom 4!!

We are playing with no strikers. It’s as simple as that. 3 out of 5 injured. How many do you think we should stockpile just in case? Show me a team in our league who could continue to score goals and pick up a good points tally with that many strikers out. Even the top boys will struggle.

As for signing Taylor injured it’s ridiculous argument. He has a dead leg missing 2 matches. It’s not like he’s out for a sustained period. He’s one of the most prolific strikers over the past 5 years in this league.I certainly  prefer to see him signed than yet another young kid with no league experience. 

The club tightening its belt I really don’t see how it’s a problem. At some point we have to take stock on and off the field and that’s exactly what we are doing.In any business you invest and throw resource to improve quickly then scale it back to be sustainable and find additional revenue streams and investors. That’s it. 

Nothing sinister going on. We are just having a bad patch due to injuries in the same position but it seems fans want to make more out of it than it really is.

Calm down and get behind the team for a massive home game Tuesday and we can get to 10th even with all these problems!!

2 minutes ago, Sandyford_Lion said:

10000 WOW

Our home support has grown from 4000 + to 7000 max after new owners, massive change around on the pitch, wembley, promotion and first half of a decent league 1 season.

How do we grow another 3000 realistically ? Will take many years WITHOUT success on the pitch and further BIG change off the pitch. Dont believe that can be achieved without further investment. Chicken n egg yes i know but i do not see 3000 more fans to Vale park withgout success on the pitch in league 1.

To develop our own players to sustain our position in league 1 is a dream. We have to sign players, this end of season in particular, or we will struggle.

Investment is needed.

We come on here and social media and whinge about the queues, turnstiles, bogs, food, pitch, stadium and whatever else but the bottom line is the quality of the team on the pitch.  Investment starts there and the rest is just fluff.  I would happily queue all day, climb the turnstiles, pi55 up a wall, eat nowt and get soaked through on an open terrace to see some of the best Port Vale teams.  If we had an outstanding team I don’t think you’d hear much about the other stuff, from anyone with a brain at least.

I am absolutely fearing the meltdown if we don't pick up 3 points on Tuesday night. The overreaction to the Wycombe defeat is nothing short of embarrassing. Some of the things I've heard & read make me cringe as a Vale fan.

A message to all you flappers, give your heads a wobble. Acting like a bunch of spoilt brats. Now now now. Spend spend spend. Success success success. Where do we go from here!?...

10th if we win Tuesday, in League 1, 12 points clear of relegation spots, in our first season back at this level, with 3 decent strikers all due back in the next month.

Never seen so much guff in my life. Wet wipes. Get a grip.

Archived