onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Dan Jones

Walka003

Listening to the Ale and Vale Pod, they mentioned that Dan has had to disable his social media accounts because he's been getting death threats.

Absolutely disgraceful, he's a vale player who's been playing very well this year after coming back from half a season off with injury. What kind of person sends anyone a death threat, let alone a player for your team?

Dan, if you're reading this, you're my player of the year. Keep pinging them 50 yard Hollywood passes and proving these morons wrong.

Small edit - he still appears to have twitter but not Instagram - assuming that's where the threats have come in

Advert

Despicable.

This can have a severe impact on anyone’s mental stress.

hopefully the police have been notified and are investigating.

I think Dan has been exceptional this year and apart from the odd mistake in him is certainly comfortable in the division.

I sincerely hope this is not why he was missing last weekend.

Well well well really sending a death threat to a player .
Thats absolutely disgusting .
Some folk take it too far .
It's a bag of wind nothing more .
To do it on our best forward passing defender is downright unbelievably stupid .
Hope those responsible are caught and if they are Vale are never let in or able watch us again .
No wonder he is scared make a mistake with that going on .
Whoevers doing it cut it out .
People who follow players are a concern it's all well and good coming on a forum saying your piece but while at the ground encourage .
To read of this disappoints me greatly

I'm in the Dan Jones is ok camp but massively overrated on here. 

But whether you think he's Maldini or Calvin Mcintosh that is a truly abysmal thing to do to a person. 

I hope the old bill trace the perpetrator. If it's found to be one of our so called supporters that's a massive slur on the club. 

Either way it's disgraceful. 

Hopefully the key board warriors are being tracked and will be caught by the police.  Hopefully then the police will actually do something and the judges not just issue out a slap on the wrist and being told you naughty boy/girl.

Sad that people feel they can do this.

1 hour ago, Walka003 said:

Listening to the Ale and Vale Pod, they mentioned that Dan has had to disable his social media accounts because he's been getting death threats.

Absolutely disgraceful, he's a vale player who's been playing very well this year after coming back from half a season off with injury. What kind of person sends anyone a death threat, let alone a player for your team?

Dan, if you're reading this, you're my player of the year. Keep pinging them 50 years Hollywood passes and proving these morons wrong.

Small edit - he still appears to have twitter but not Instagram - assuming that's where the threats have come in

You beat me to it Walka

If the knob who's done this is reading this thread there's a simple message for you. YOU are NOT a Vale fan.

Please DO NOT ever come to Vale Park again. WE do NOT need the likes of you in and around our club. 

As others have said you are scum and I hope the Ancient William catch you and put you away. 

DJ - if you are reading this, and as the A&V podcast says, you are loved by 99% of Vale fans and you are my PotY too. 

Ridiculous behaviour.

My lad absolutely loves Dan, his favourite player, tries to model his own play on how Dan defends, and was the first signature he looked for when he got his 7th birthday card from the Vale the other week. Lost count of the times we've had to watch the 'room-mates' video of Dan and Lewis Cass from Spain! Just seems like a sound guy, and someone who must be good to have around the club.

Would be nice if, as a counter-balance, someone could take some of these comments and send them over to the club to pass on to Dan, let him know he's appreciated by 99.9% of our fans, and that anyone who would post something like that is not welcome among us.

DJ, try to remember it's just one idiot keyboard warrior and that the rest of us have got your back. Chin up, and hope to see you back on the field on Saturday.

54 minutes ago, darren1810 said:

I'm in the Dan Jones is ok camp but massively overrated on here. 

But whether you think he's Maldini or Calvin Mcintosh that is a truly abysmal thing to do to a person. 

I hope the old bill trace the perpetrator. If it's found to be one of our so called supporters that's a massive slur on the club. 

Either way it's disgraceful. 

Agree I'm not his biggest fan as a player although he has improved in some games this season.  But there are some sick people about. 

He'll always get my support as long as he tries when he pulls a Vale shirt on lack of effort is something you certainly can't level at any of the current squad.

8 minutes ago, Clayts said:

Ridiculous behaviour.

My lad absolutely loves Dan, his favourite player, tries to model his own play on how Dan defends, and was the first signature he looked for when he got his 7th birthday card from the Vale the other week. Lost count of the times we've had to watch the 'room-mates' video of Dan and Lewis Cass from Spain! Just seems like a sound guy, and someone who must be good to have around the club.

Would be nice if, as a counter-balance, someone could take some of these comments and send them over to the club to pass on to Dan, let him know he's appreciated by 99.9% of our fans, and that anyone who would post something like that is not welcome among us.

DJ, try to remember it's just one idiot keyboard warrior and that the rest of us have got your back. Chin up, and hope to see you back on the field on Saturday.

Here here👏

3 hours ago, Walka003 said:

Dan, if you're reading this, you're my player of the year. Keep pinging them 50 years Hollywood passes and proving these morons wrong.

Do we know if the threats have come from a Vale fan?

Archived