onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Dan Jones

Walka003

45 minutes ago, JoeB2 said:

Feel sorry for Jones but not sure about the clamour for him to get a new contract. This is his second big injury in two seasons.

He managed 42% of minutes last year before not featuring again after his injury, and will end up on 40% for this season if he doesn't play again.

Very sad, but considering there has been a big debate regarding Wilson's fitness and a new contract, I don't think there's any discussion to make on Jones if we put sentiment to one side. You can't give out contracts to players who can't hit half the minutes.

He was underrated last year and a bit overrated this year (as he exceeded expectations) - a decent defender who seems to pick up big injuries. If it is his last game then I wish him the best.

Completely different to Wilson. Jones has been a regular in the starting 11 this season and picked up 1 bad injury. Wilson picks up injury after injury and misses 90% of the games. Don’t think he’s being overrated either he’s had a decent season in his first year stepping up and there are quite a few clowns who still slag him him off no matter what. Worth another deal imo 

Advert

Completely different to Wilson. Jones has been a regular in the starting 11 this season and picked up 1 bad injury. Wilson picks up injury after injury and misses 90% of the games. Don’t think he’s being overrated either he’s had a decent season in his first year stepping up and there are quite a few clowns who still slag him him off no matter what. Worth another deal imo 
Who was your maths teacher? I'd sue the education authority. 59 league appearances by Wilson out of 83 games is nowhere near a 90% miss ratio. Even on exact minutes played he's got a miss percentage of under 45%

Obviously sick to abuse a footballer on social media. It's a tough way to make a living anyway - short career, few opportunities, have to relocate, get constant if even reasonable criticism etc. I think Jones always tries his hardest for PV, makes a few mistakes, but actually has a good level of talent. So I hope he is around next season and competing for a place. Whoever the sick people are on social media, try to get your IQs up to average by cutting it out. 

Obviously sick to abuse a footballer on social media. It's a tough way to make a living anyway - short career, few opportunities, have to relocate, get constant if even reasonable criticism etc. I think Jones always tries his hardest for PV, makes a few mistakes, but actually has a good level of talent. So I hope he is around next season and competing for a place. Whoever the sick people are on social media, try to get your IQs up to average by cutting it out. 
Most of them would struggle to spell IQ, so I wouldn't hold your breath Warren

17 minutes ago, philmpv said:

Who was your maths teacher? I'd sue the education authority. 59 league appearances by Wilson out of 83 games is nowhere near a 90% miss ratio. Even on exact minutes played he's got a miss percentage of under 45% emoji16.png

Wilson gets badly fouled because he's a good player. He could play at Championship level. My Man Utd friend and season ticket holder still asks after him and he got respect at that level. May have had a career there if they hadn't been in post Fergie chaos. 

Wilson gets badly fouled because he's a good player. He could play at Championship level. My Man Utd friend and season ticket holder still asks after him and he got respect at that level. May have had a career there if they hadn't been in post Fergie chaos. 
He's not good. He's absolutely unplayable at this level on his day. If he could have stayed fit over the years I've no doubt at all that we'd never have seen him anywhere near a Vale shirt. He'd be top end Championship easily

1 hour ago, valiant_593 said:

I don't think you can offer Jones a new deal if you want Wilson to go on the basis of injuries.

Jones has missed half of each of his campaigns at Port Vale and has been a decent performer in that time. He's played 40% of the minutes in that timeframe. It doesn't really matter whether the injuries are big or small if they happen every year.

Wilson has injury problems but still managed 70% of league minutes last season and every second of the playoffs which he practically won single-handedly. It's only this season he's broken down and there are understandable discussions about his future. His injuries are more annoying than Jones but he's missed less time.

I just find it weird that there's a lot of discussion for Wilson to be released on injury grounds but there's a unanimous desire to see Jones again next season. If Wilson goes as his fitness can't be relied on then the same decision is made with Jones.

This is coming from someone who thought Jones was our best player pre-Christmas last season, and thought he was massively underrated by many, but also think people have gone a bit over the top with praise this season. He's been good, not spectacular.

I don't think you can offer Jones a new deal if you want Wilson to go on the basis of injuries.
Jones has missed half of each of his campaigns at Port Vale and has been a decent performer in that time. He's played 40% of the minutes in that timeframe. It doesn't really matter whether the injuries are big or small if they happen every year.
Wilson has injury problems but still managed 70% of league minutes last season and every second of the playoffs which he practically won single-handedly. It's only this season he's broken down and there are understandable discussions about his future. His injuries are more annoying than Jones but he's missed less time.
I just find it weird that there's a lot of discussion for Wilson to be released on injury grounds but there's a unanimous desire to see Jones again next season. If Wilson goes as his fitness can't be relied on then the same decision is made with Jones.
This is coming from someone who thought Jones was our best player pre-Christmas last season, and thought he was massively underrated by many, but also think people have gone a bit over the top with praise this season. He's been good, not spectacular.

For me it's a question of wages. I'd guess Jones wages arent any where near Wilsons. Jones would be a player I'd be very happy staying, even on the bench, Willow wages potentially mean that if he isn't playing he's an albatross.

If money allows, I'd love to keep both.

Considering we now have only 3 fit centre halves, I'd offer Kasper Lopata a 6 month deal. He's just left Southend as his wages haven't been paid. 21, 6"4, and was doing well. He's match-fit as he was playing up to last week. There aren't many out of contract players who can come straight in and add height to the squad immediately.

Considering we now have only 3 fit centre halves, I'd offer Kasper Lopata a 6 month deal. He's just left Southend as his wages haven't been paid. 21, 6"4, and was doing well. He's match-fit as he was playing up to last week. There aren't many out of contract players who can come straight in and add height to the squad immediately.
As he was under contract post 31 January I don't think he'd be able to play? Could be wrong.

2 hours ago, philmpv said:
3 hours ago, JoeB2 said:

As he was under contract post 31 January I don't think he'd be able to play? Could be wrong.

Because his contracts been terminated, he is fine to sign for another club

There really are some dlckheads around to send death threats to a footballer. A pity he’s got injured again tbh and makes the decision to let Connor Hall go look even worse now we have no cover due to injuries. When’s Lewis Cass back fit? 

Archived