onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Match Thread: Bristol Rovers v Port Vale

Fosse69

Didn't see any of the game, but it seems we got hit with a bit of 'football'.

Rode our luck in a great win at Plymouth. Little things go our way. Fans understandably get excited.

Lose a tight, low-quality game at Rovers. Little things go against us.

Finish anywhere around 12th and it's an excellent season.

Advert

A few marks .
Stevens 6 kicking poor made a good save first half .
Should he have saved the winner I'm not sure he should of it should never get that far once again a long ranger going in .
Smith 5 steady but never went forwards with ball all game in fact hardly knew he was playing .
Jones 5 all over the place yesterday really struggled with there unit .
Hall 5 didn't get forwards yesterday and struggled like they all did .
Garrity 4 love Garrity but never got to grips with the game yesterday seemed to me like we needed a extra midfielder yesterday in there and one less defender to help Garrity and Conlon out .
Conlon 5.2 great shot saved not sure he did much else good or badly though probably star man .
Worrall 5 nothing much coming down there both halfs mind you never had the ball so cannot do anything if don't have it .
Benning 4.6 nothing there yesterday .
Politic 5 kept getting in good positions early on and is usually lethal if anything one of our brighter players .
Wilson 5 should have scored early on completely missing the ball altogether did some ok things bit for some unknown reason doesn't play aswell with Harrison as he does when he is the leading man .
Harrison 4.5 swiped at one in first half had a low shot saved but gradually like all the team played poorer and poorer the longer the game went on subbed
Darrell Clark got it all wrong yesterday its very rare we see a lifeless display from the Vale but thars exactly what it was .
A worrying stat is we rarely win when Harrison starts he should have kept with same side at Plymouth .

12 hours ago, Oldgas said:

That was a very close game today. I was expecting more from Vale after your excellent performance at the Muff. Did you have a poor game today or did the Gas make you look ordinary?

I hope you guys appreciated our show of support and solidarity for DC on the 18th minute to mark the life of Ellie. No man, no family should have to go through that.

looking forward to the return at VP, always enjoy my visit to Burslem.

If you like I could bring one of Coburn’s shirts for your number 3. He spent the entire game trying to tug and rip it off his back!

I also noticed Coburn trying for an early shirt swap.Surely you’ve noticed him standing with one arm behind himself when challenged.Would he be shirt holding or trying to tickle the defenders’ balls?I expected more from Rovers.You are very good at passing back to the keeper though.He had at least 70% of your total possession.BTW  who is Keith,the fount of all football knowledge,on Bristol Radio?😳

Very disappointing day at the office. We just can’t for some reason maintain the level of performance needed in this division to stay up there.At our best we can beat anyone but we can’t at the moment keep up the level of performance required. Still I am happy where we are not quite sure where Dennis fits into our style of play! I think we need two more consistent performers at this level to be up there . 

Dull game with very little quality from both teams. Can’t understand why DC dropped Butterworth after the last game nor his substitutions, yes, Wilson didn’t do a lot but Harrison’s first game back from injury, surely he should have been taken off and then proved to be right as he goes down injured a few minutes after. 0-0 would have been the correct result, not seen the replay yet but it looked like Stevens shouldn’t have been letting that in.

2 hours ago, Howjy04 said:

I also noticed Coburn trying for an early shirt swap.Surely you’ve noticed him standing with one arm behind himself when challenged.Would he be shirt holding or trying to tickle the defenders’ balls?I expected more from Rovers.You are very good at passing back to the keeper though.He had at least 70% of your total possession.BTW  who is Keith,the fount of all football knowledge,on Bristol Radio?😳

My better half was going mad at the local radio commentators. He said they were the most biased and ill-informed he’s heard all season, in sharp contrast to the excellent Plymouth lads last week. 

5 hours ago, Howjy04 said:

That just sounds like sour grapes mate. 

Coburn would walk into our team. (Alas) smith and Jones had their hands full with him yesterday I thought. 

That just sounds like sour grapes mate. 

Coburn would walk into our team. (Alas) smith and Jones had their hands full with him yesterday I thought. 
They had a game plan and stuck to it .
Who was Collins man the lad who scored.
After initial first 5 /10 /15 we seemed to stop doing what could have put us 3 up after that they had the ball all the time and that Connelly had time have a pint smoke a cigar and pass get up him make him make a mistake .
We lost the game for me because we didn't work hard enough .
Front players should be harassing not standing off .
The midfield needed a extra body in .
Jones Hall and Smith had there hands full .
We never got going .
Midfield needed another body in there if settling for a 0-0 .
Shouldn't be moaning about a foul for there goal it's irrelevant if every player does the business that goal becomes irrelevant the fact it was the winner was a real sickener for however many we took away and the watchers at home .
We are a strange team I thought we played better at Oxford and lost 4-0 .
Barton will love the fact he got a win .
Crosby should have picked the team .
Harrison you play for Vale now not BR .
UTV

17 hours ago, darren1810 said:

Wasn't able to attend today.  But saw the whole game on ifollow. 

The Dan Jones Is Maldini thread now looks rather premature as he had an absolute shitter. Terrible performance. 

Goalkeeper has to be addressed as he gave me kittens all game and his positioning was atrocious for the goal.

But it's rough with the smooth. We are doing OK.  

Every team has ifs and buts. We aren't far off . 

I thought Stevens was awful all game should have saved the goal, his kicking was poor and one save he made he should have held onto or pushed it away for a corner not push it straight back out to there player. Probably the second or third worse player on the pitch behind Jones and politic.

On 10/12/2022 at 22:47, Jacko51 said:

If ever a game deserved 0-0 that one did. Very poor quality stuff from both teams and won with a goal assisted by the ref!

Collins behaved like a spoilt child celebrating in front of the Vale fans and ignoring his own. Pathetic.

And what on earth was that palaver in the seats towards the end? All I could hear was a bloke shouting f*** off multiple times. He had a rather limited vocabulary. 

A couple of your fans have mentioned Collins’ celebrations. I sit in the East stand and the touchline to my far left in front of the away terrace is a place of mystery to me as it just can’t be seen. I don’t like players taking the piss out of opposition fans, perhaps only if they’ve been giving stick all game, but the player should rise above it.

the worst I’ve seen down here in a long time is a Fleetwood player called Rooney, a big red-headed <ovf censored> plays RWB. When they played here this season he booted balls that had gone for a goal kick high up into the Thatchers End. The ref did nothing. He then scored and celebrated like mad in front of the end, dancing and waving to the fans. He really couldn’t have complained if some pissed-up nutter had run on and lamped him.

I’m surprised at DC. When he was here I don’t remember him setting our team to cheat and go down at every touch and turn. He must be getting cynical in his old age.

27 minutes ago, Oldgas said:

A couple of your fans have mentioned Collins’ celebrations. I sit in the East stand and the touchline to my far left in front of the away terrace is a place of mystery to me as it just can’t be seen. I don’t like players taking the piss out of opposition fans, perhaps only if they’ve been giving stick all game, but the player should rise above it.

the worst I’ve seen down here in a long time is a Fleetwood player called Rooney, a big red-headed <ovf censored> plays RWB. When they played here this season he booted balls that had gone for a goal kick high up into the Thatchers End. The ref did nothing. He then scored and celebrated like mad in front of the end, dancing and waving to the fans. He really couldn’t have complained if some pissed-up nutter had run on and lamped him.

I’m surprised at DC. When he was here I don’t remember him setting our team to cheat and go down at every touch and turn. He must be getting cynical in his old age.

What?

Cheating what u on

<ovf censored> game both sides looked poor 

U lot more than us 

1 hour ago, Oldgas said:

It was a lack of going down at every touch that won you the game... had Forrester gone down like Mount did in an almost identical shove for your goal the referee has to give the free kick. IT was a physical game from both sides, proper battle as it always is against Rovers.

17 minutes ago, valefan16 said:

It was a lack of going down at every touch that won you the game... had Forrester gone down like Mount did in an almost identical shove for your goal the referee has to give the free kick. IT was a physical game from both sides, proper battle as it always is against Rovers.

‘It was a physical game from both sides, proper battle as it always is against Rovers’

So there you have it, from the horse’s mouth. Don’t moan that Collins gave your bloke a little shove on the way to scoring, when your number 3 spent the entire game prior to that obstructing Colbourn and trying to rip his shirt from his back which the ref let him get away with all game.

you're Quite right about the goal celebrations though, no need for that.

Good luck for the rest except when we come to visit; be good to play you in the PO final!

Archived