onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Will Forrester

ClntonBoulton

Just sitting here with a warm glow on after a couple and a good win today. Something I've been mulling over for a while has led me to asking what are people's thoughts about Will Forrester?

I was chuffed when we signed him from that lot down the road but wondered how long it would take him to settle into this level of football after all that Academy stuff. First couple of games you could see he had been well coached, good with the ball at his feet and brought it out of defence well BUT I was worried he wasn't ready for the buffeting he would get as a defender at this level. His first full game was in the Pizza Cp, if I'm not wrong, and my fears were justified...just not ready for this level.

However, move on a few weeks and he has grown and grown. Not only does he look so comfortable on the ball but he is getting stuck in....not to Smudge level but with much more subtlety! His upper body strength seems to be improving and he is no longer bumped in the air when he's going up for a header. He is not averse to just leaving a foot in when required and he is man handling opponents as and when needed.

In short, i think we've got a diamond here, who with some polishing will get better and better and either go up the leagues with us or earn us some money at a later date.

What do others think?

Advert

Getting better and better. He has the quality and temperament, now he’s growing regarding positioning and physicality which just comes from playing games and gaining minutes. He’s a massive pick up by DC and he’s going to be a top 3 player over the next few seasons. Hope he has signed for 3 years.

He is developing into a charismatic, polished diamond.  His partnerships at the back with Hall and Smithy are showing great dividends for us. He looks assured and is very steady on the ball. Smithy has also obviously shown him how to handle forwards too. As has been said Sjoke have dropped an almighty clanger here. This lad will become a top star.

he is getting stuck in....not to Smudge level but with much more subtlety! His upper body strength seems to be improving and he is no longer bumped in the air when he's going up for a header. He is not averse to just leaving a foot in when required and he is man handling opponents as and when needed.

I think a lot of that will be down to AC and his coaching. He was a hard as nails centre half himself, so I'm sure he's an absolute dream of a mentor for a young defender of Forrester's size who just needed to be guided on the 'niceties' of lower league football

Agree with all this. You can see him getting stronger and more confident every game. He'll make more mistakes this year, but his potential is extremely high. The speed at which he's improving is rightly making him very difficult to rotate. I'm a big fan.

He is a good player and is doing very well local lad aswell he as many good attributes going play higher for sure .
Our manager canny ain't he picks up players and builds them up look at Sammy Robinson how good he is becoming .
I'm.sure it's to do with Carol and the people behind the scenes ,the work you dont see is the most important work look at JW with his mental health and that he suffers with not thinking he is good enough he is he is brilliant and I wonder how much that is down to DC AC etc no wonder he was given a five year contract he fully deserves it unlike some folk who change job that often how can you build anything .
Vale have two good sides and whoever takes to the field are more than capable of winning the games as yesterday proved .
Forrester a fine player hope he continues to develop and becomes a important cog in the Vale surge up and through the leagues .
You may laugh at that why not if Bournemouth can be prem league so can Vale .

His passing and general involvement in play has certainly improved.  Initially he was ok defensively but I didn't think his general play was that good. Overall he's currently ahead of Lewis Cass at the moment for me. 

10 minutes ago, philmpv said:
1 hour ago, smithie said:
Smith= Aspo, Forrester=Deano.

I wouldn't put him anywhere near Deanos class. Yet.....

Agreed, but it was a totally unfair comparison to make.  Glover was older and far more experienced when we signed him, whereas Forrester is a young pro, just starting out in reality.  Has got the potential for sure.

In His first few games He was way too tentative on the ball, must have been really nervous because the turning point was the cup game at Salop when he replaced Smith in the middle of three, you could see his quality bringing the ball out through the middle (like a young Glover) and he has been excellent ever since. Still has the odd blip defensively but overall has improved massively already. 

Archived