onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Match Thread: Port Vale v Sheffield Wednesday

Fosse69

Another tough test from a Wednesday side making a big effort to return to the Championship backed by a bumper crowd. With only 2 defeats, Barnsley H and Posh A, both of which we are recently familiar with. Any news on Ojo Funso? Hopefully Odobeko will return fit from his International spell. Solid defence with Mc Dermott to have a run out? Need a lift after our toughest game this season against a Championship Yo-Yo team brought us down to earth. Happy with a draw realistically?

Advert

Shouldn’t be discussing fitness issues this far into the season, but I guess that’s what happens when we leave it so late to sign players. I’d make a few changes for this one the likes of Walker need and Forrester need to start, I dont see Cass, Conlon or Butterworth being up to it / the right choice for this game. I’d leave Benning out as well and probably bring Worrall back in for Massey. As I keep saying every week I would love to see Robinson and McDermott at least on the bench. Hopefully Ojo is fit, if not i would play Pett and Walker - I know two defensive players but if we push our wing backs up then we should have enough going forwards and we need to be careful against a better side  

McDermott has been more influential than our other attacking midfielders and for me robinson has probably looked as good as any of our RBWs 

My only problem area I can see is LWB, mal was dire yesterday, small Dosent look up to it and when he’s played it’s been up top, no idea on Mccaron but clearly not fit, only other option is Jones and bring Hall in but he’s half the player there. 

I fancy Wilson to get going and score in this one  

Stevens

worrall forrester smith jones xxxx

Walker.    (Ojo) Pett 

Politic 

Wilson        Harrison 

3 hours ago, ginginator said:

Is McCarron unfit, btw, not heard much but he is left sided? 

I know he played in Papa

There’s being fit and being match fit.  No doubt he’ll be introduced slowly, as seems to be the way currently.  He looked OK but nothing more in the Papa Johns.  Probably next Saturday is not the ideal game in which to make your home debut and a cameo from the bench may be better, although after yesterday he may be in contention, but much will depend on how the Owls typically line up.

Lot more heart than yesterday required didn't like what I saw we rolled over and had our belly's tickled and deep in my heart I've being raging since ten to 5 yesterday .
So a big week on the training ground people need run harder be more aggressive and show some want .
My team as watching how confident we were on the ball v Shrewsbury and how much better we were as a team in passing fluidity and tempo ok only against a weakened side I get that but footballs football you have to show intent .
Stephens
Robinson Forrester Hall
Politic Massey
WalkerPett Mcdermott

Garrity
Harrison
I'd be tempted give that a go we do not need play with two forwards but we do need to get hold off the ball and when have it have the guts do something with it .
I expect a response .
Robinson Mcdermott Politic all have good energy Pett and Garrity never stop working and Walkers very under rated but easily our best player on many occasions.
Extra body in midfield will hopefully allow Massey and Politic to shine the best through balls this season I've seen are from young Robinson and Mcdermott and best balls in are from Worrall and Massey
UTV

Stevens

Worrall Forrester Smith Jones McCarron

Walker

Garrity Conlon

Wilson Harrison.

That's what I think he'll go for although I hope Garrity gets the hook as he's not had a good game so far. In that instance I'd bring in Pett and try to sure things up.

As DC keeps driving home every post match that we lose, these have got more money, better players, bigger budgets.

3-1 to Wednesday

21 hours ago, valiant_593 said:

Shouldn’t be discussing fitness issues this far into the season, but I guess that’s what happens when we leave it so late to sign players. I’d make a few changes for this one the likes of Walker need and Forrester need to start, I dont see Cass, Conlon or Butterworth being up to it / the right choice for this game. I’d leave Benning out as well and probably bring Worrall back in for Massey. As I keep saying every week I would love to see Robinson and McDermott at least on the bench. Hopefully Ojo is fit, if not i would play Pett and Walker - I know two defensive players but if we push our wing backs up then we should have enough going forwards and we need to be careful against a better side  

McDermott has been more influential than our other attacking midfielders and for me robinson has probably looked as good as any of our RBWs 

My only problem area I can see is LWB, mal was dire yesterday, small Dosent look up to it and when he’s played it’s been up top, no idea on Mccaron but clearly not fit, only other option is Jones and bring Hall in but he’s half the player there. 

I fancy Wilson to get going and score in this one  

Stevens

worrall forrester smith jones xxxx

Walker.    (Ojo) Pett 

Politic 

Wilson        Harrison 

Great post - also agree ref your comment on young Tommy Mc.  If he's good enough he's old enough.

Stevens

Worrall Forrester Smith Jones McCarron

Walker

Garrity Conlon

Wilson Harrison.

That's what I think he'll go for although I hope Garrity gets the hook as he's not had a good game so far. In that instance I'd bring in Pett and try to sure things up.

As DC keeps driving home every post match that we lose, these have got more money, better players, bigger budgets.

3-1 to Wednesday

I personally wouldn't have Conlon anywhere near the first team currently. He's been way off the required standard. Only Walker and Ojo for me so far have shown anywhere near the level needed, although Petts been ok. I suspect that we're going to see big changes in our midfield in January unless some of them improve dramatically

Sent from my CPH2145 using onevalefan mobile app

I personally wouldn't have Conlon anywhere near the first team currently. He's been way off the required standard. Only Walker and Ojo for me so far have shown anywhere near the level needed, although Petts been ok. I suspect that we're going to see big changes in our midfield in January unless some of them improve dramatically

Sent from my CPH2145 using onevalefan mobile app

Agree entirely, midfield is the biggest cause for concern right now, alongside LWB.

Archived