onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Match Thread: Port Vale v Sheffield Wednesday

Fosse69

So, if we stand off them on Saturday, I can see us taking an utter spanking. We have to go and compete - hard. 

I'd love to see Vale cone out and press aggressively from the first minute. If we were to do we'd have to do it properly and as a while unit, the whole team would need to get up and down the pitch together. 

We pressed for the first 15-20 mins against Posh and looked like we were in the game. 

I fear I won't get that though. ☹️

Advert

4 hours ago, The man in the pub said:

Didn't I read somewhere that Massey played approx 40 games last season for Wigan ? On the back of that and knowing he was moving over the Summer what player wouldn't be fit and match ready ? Massey apparently, totally bizarre.

Or is it our inflated medical and fitness departments being rather anal?  I suppose we have to justify the salaries and investment in equipment.

12 hours ago, The man in the pub said:

Didn't I read somewhere that Massey played approx 40 games last season for Wigan ? On the back of that and knowing he was moving over the Summer what player wouldn't be fit and match ready ? Massey apparently, totally bizarre.

41 games for the Champions.

Without him being big headed and arrogant surely he'd of expected to be snapped up by somebody. I found his lack of fitness bizarre also.

Don't think any of our midfield are league one standard except perhaps funso. Maybe Brad walker at a push. Barry bannan is going have a field day.
And if our players go out with the same mentality as you that will be the case.
It's on the day maybe ours will be better on the day as we know over a season BB will show in the position SW finish that he is better but on the day hopefully not the case .
Are you are going the game ?
Are you a defeatist ?
Do you get behind the team at any point during the games you attend .
As that remark suggests you have given the 3 points already to SW .
Do you realise our crowd can play a big part on sat by being quiet and apathetic to the game on sat do you think that helps the players produce a performance.
Bolton at home on another day easily we could have won .
Shrewsbury at home we dominated possession and Harrison looks to me like he can win us big points in this league .
Worrall and him have already built up a gel of a very good sort and Massey will find him if we play with conviction we didn't v P/Boro and we paid the price .
There's a lot look forwards to sat reading your post would suggest not going .
Read mine go and get behind the team .
We all Vale on Saturday we have to show it .
No ones going waltz off out of VP without a fight we can help create a atmosphere what inspires and if we do not it's on us
UTV

51 minutes ago, The man in the pub said:

On my return from hols sat on the plane next to a Sheff Wed fan who told me Bannan was on £27k a week. He admitted even they couldnt afford him.

Are not the Owls in L1 due to financial problems and points deductions? Will they ever learn or are the extra £Ms in the Championship worth the gamble?

48 minutes ago, Breadwinner said:

And if our players go out with the same mentality as you that will be the case.
It's on the day maybe ours will be better on the day as we know over a season BB will show in the position SW finish that he is better but on the day hopefully not the case .
Are you are going the game ?
Are you a defeatist ?
Do you get behind the team at any point during the games you attend .
As that remark suggests you have given the 3 points already to SW .
Do you realise our crowd can play a big part on sat by being quiet and apathetic to the game on sat do you think that helps the players produce a performance.
Bolton at home on another day easily we could have won .
Shrewsbury at home we dominated possession and Harrison looks to me like he can win us big points in this league .
Worrall and him have already built up a gel of a very good sort and Massey will find him if we play with conviction we didn't v P/Boro and we paid the price .
There's a lot look forwards to sat reading your post would suggest not going .
Read mine go and get behind the team .
We all Vale on Saturday we have to show it .
No ones going waltz off out of VP without a fight we can help create a atmosphere what inspires and if we do not it's on us
UTV

Totally agree

Just got my ticket and my young'uns, looking forward to it.

Underdogs we maybe but we can win anyone especially the so called 'big teams' because thats what the Vale do best.

Most of my mates are Wednesday (as I live and work in Sheffield), they are saying it will be a hard match and anyone can win it.

Personally a draw would do me .

Roll on Saturday UTV.

Sheffield Wednesday bringing another 400 so that's 3700 of them just had a quick look through Railway Paddock no more than 500 seats left in there then the bycars about 3000 in there so on for biggest crowd since Swindon it wets the appetite.
Cannot wait be back off river cruise for that .
Bring on the excellent Sheffield Wednesday and there terrific following.
UTV

Archived