onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Match Thread: Port Vale v Fleetwood Town

Fosse69

Our first game in L1 last time was Brentford at home, they were hot favourites for promotion. We drew 1-1, but I remember thinking the standard we were up against was very different to the previous season. 

I don't believe Fleetwood are at that level & they really struggled last season. It's a great chance for us to get off to a good start.

Advert

10 hours ago, The man in the pub said:

Even stranger that Taylor went to Morecambe. This scenario was always a possibility so Taylor had a good chance of making our starting 11 certainly in the early games. Play well and keep the shirt ?

Agent involvement?

4 minutes ago, The man in the pub said:
24 minutes ago, PV1973 said:
Boring. 

He’s gone to hopefully play regularly, we all know it won’t happen here. 

If he was still here he might have been playing as soon as this Saturday.

True but I think it’s fair to say once conlon is fit that he wouldn’t be. 

True assuming Conlon doesn't break down. Same applies to Walker and Pett. But you are right he is a banker starter at Morecambe. Think if his heart was at the Vale he might have looked at what's happened last season and stayed. Very likely he would have started this season and if he started how he ended the last one he would deserve to keep the jersey.

20 hours ago, The man in the pub said:
20 hours ago, PV1973 said:

True assuming Conlon doesn't break down. Same applies to Walker and Pett. But you are right he is a banker starter at Morecambe. Think if his heart was at the Vale he might have looked at what's happened last season and stayed. Very likely he would have started this season and if he started how he ended the last one he would deserve to keep the jersey.

I'm with you on this one MiP, I'm surprised that any of the central midfield players at PVFC can be guaranteed a start every game, especially the beginning of the season in a higher league.

I posted previously that I hoped Taylor would give it a go at Vale  until the end of August but he's decided to move when the opportunity presented itself. I think there is more to Taylor's move than just not being "guaranteed games".

It may be that Taylor himself may have considered he wasn't going to get games at PVFC under DF/DC/AC and didn't want to sit on the bench. Taylor has the talent, I just hope he's made the right decision for himself and DC/AC have made the right decision for PVFC 'cause I cannot image Morecombe paid a great deal for him. I'd prefer seeing Taylor being successful in a Vale shirt than the club getting a portion of any future sell on fee.

We can only anticipate that  Ojo does the business and Conlon gets fit and finds his form.

Stone

Massey Smith Cass Hall Benning

Walker

Pett Garrity Ojo

Proctor

Quite excited to see where Massey and Worrall fit into the side. I can’t imagine we’ll see too much messing about yet, I think we’ll go safe with Worrall, cass, smith, hall and Benning across the back. Wilson’s injury could see Massey push further forward? 

Stone

Cass   Smith   Hall

Worrall                          Benning

Walker

Pett            Ojo

Garrity

Proctor

Obviously would have Conlon in there but don't expect him to be starting yet. Massey is a great signing but I don't think he comes in and suddenly takes Worrall's place?

Archived