onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Summer transfer targets/rumours, retained list etc

werstayinup

Advert

29 minutes ago, WilliamBriscoe said:

He isn’t tall, doesn’t have a great deal of presence, doesn’t have a huge amount of pace.

I shouldn’t be attacked for having an opinion, it’s simply unfair. I’m merely saying that I’m concerned that he calibre of player seems to be average at best.

But what you're saying is that you can have an opinion but people are not allowed to have an opinion on what you're saying.

15 minutes ago, darren1810 said:

Kennedy, Evans, Fitzpatrick , Whitehead were Askey legends.

Now Clarke being accused of the same nepotism by signing a bloke who last played for him over 4 years ago. 

Whitehead is an aspiration. He showed that if he could play professionally and call himself a footballer then we all still had a chance at making it. 

I hope they make a biopic about him and call it the great stealing of a wage

1 hour ago, WilliamBriscoe said:

I’m massively underwhelmed by Ellis, however I’m hopeful that he will have something about him to succeed. He has a least played league one football, which will certainly help.

Welcome Ellis

Not just underwhelmed… MASSIVELY underwhelmed! 

😂😂😂😂

Ahhhhhh well, you can’t please them all. And in some cases it seems you can never please some!

KTF

UTV

Surely, It could be argued (if it needed to be) that Clarke has gone after a player who has played a lot of football in a division higher than Vale haven't been in for a while.

Not sure which division Askey's signings (the ones which he already knew) played most of their football.

For me, this signing strengthens the team/squad. 

Welcome on board Ellis.

Given his history with DC, his goal scoring record with Rovers and Fleetwood Last year I can absolutely see the rationale for this one! Let’s hope he hits the ground running and finds that form with us!

Gives us some League 1 experience too and a good age. 

A deal that probably only came about because Morcambe need cash to chase Stockton… so if we hadn’t have waited it may not have been an option earlier in the summer. Was it worth the wait… it will be fun finding out!

Absolutely all for an opinion , this is what the site is about.

For every Ben Garrity there is a Zak Mills, but this isn't some panic on a whim signing or dipping into the well of a former player.

They've probably moved him on to make way for Stockton, always been relatively cash rich club Fleetwood have despite their size.

If he doesn't do the business fair enough, but this isn't a rash signing at all .

i have to admit my initial reaction to his signing was who? but actually could turn out to be the signing of the season. as has previously been posted its a definite upgrade on what we have and hope he does well witn us. lets get behind him . welcome ellis !!

I have to admit my initial reaction to pretty much all signings are who ? But that's generally because I don't scrutinise trams/players at other clubs like perhaps I may have done in the past.
I reckon the management have a good handle on who they want and trust them to do what's right for the club with whatever budget they have.
As you say, welcome Ellis and good luck.

Sent from my SM-G930F using onevalefan mobile app

Archived