onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Summer transfer targets/rumours, retained list etc

werstayinup

Advert

44 minutes ago, MBE said:

The debate has been ongoing over the past 4-5 weeks about lack of strikers. 

I’m interested to know how posters feel now. Was Harrison was worth the wait? 

Proof of the pudding will be in the eating.  We could have signed Messi but, if he didn't stick it in the onion bag and try his <ovf censored> off every game, he wouldn't be a success.

As I say - spoke to my nephew, a Gashead, and he says he's superb and we've grabbed a good one.  Lets wait and see - BUT he might need time to settle in.

Looking forward to see what other striker(s) the gaffer brings in; would love another perm signing and maybe a loanee - say from the Prem or something. That and a keeper.

EVEN THEN its our first season in EFL1 - we have no god given right to have a wonderful season.  As long as we stay up and build for next season (and then a push the following year for the Championship) i'll be happy and support DC and DF

Tickets bought for tomorrow 👍

Fiver on Stoke to lose to Borough 👍

Tenner on Vale to win 👍

Cheeky little Man City/Fleetwood/Stockport accer 👍

UTV and KTF

3 minutes ago, WilliamBriscoe said:

It’s my opinion!!! It’s a forum and I was merely saying how I felt. I didn’t expect us to be signing a premier league striker but someone who might have score a few more over his career.

i haven’t said he will be poor, and I’m glad that we have signed someone with experience rather than a youth player, but just outlining my concern.

I think people are surprised by your harsh tone/choice of words. "Massively underwhelmed" is somewhat baffling (struggling for the right word there myself)

6 minutes ago, WilliamBriscoe said:

It’s my opinion!!! It’s a forum and I was merely saying how I felt. I didn’t expect us to be signing a premier league striker but someone who might have score a few more over his career.

i haven’t said he will be poor, and I’m glad that we have signed someone with experience rather than a youth player, but just outlining my concern.

Feelings are welcome here, I think with a statement like that the people that disagree are hoping for names of players rather than just someone who has scored more than he has.

8 minutes ago, WilliamBriscoe said:

Wouldnt normally say this but your opinion is terrible 

When basing an opinion what have you looked at because what im seeing is a league one striker who wasnt for sale coming to us for a fee. Whos previously worked under darrell and is a player darrell managed to sell for 750k after getting the best out of him. Not sayint hes a guranteed success but to say your massively underwhelmed need give your head a wobble. ' massively underwhelmed but hope he does well' is the most typical vale fan comment ever. 

9 minutes ago, WilliamBriscoe said:

Opinions are fine, but sometimes good to be justified as your comment is the only negative one I've seen?

If you were to say "massively underwhelmed, I was expecting Kylian Mbappe", then I would understand why you would be massively underwhelmed.

But who did you think a newly promoted L1 side was going to sign? You must have had a name in your head to generate this opinion?

I think now we're a relatively small fish in League One, we're not going to be getting any of the big hitters. There are other clubs around us with much bigger budgets who can easily gazump us. What we will do is get players who are clearly able, if not spectacular, at this level and try to improve them, something which we've already had some success with in the last 12 months. 28's a decent age especially as we need some experience and Darrell knows him well. He's also match fit so no waiting round for a few weeks. I'm cautiously optimistic. Give us an upgrade on Kian now, preferably one we can keep if we like. Not sure if we'll get that as DC spoke about experienced players, although that may have been about the keeper.

Are we getting another today?

1 minute ago, PortVale89 said:
16 minutes ago, WilliamBriscoe said:
I’m massively underwhelmed by Ellis, however I’m hopeful that he will have something about him to succeed. He has a least played league one football, which will certainly help.
Welcome Ellis

What we're you expecting that he doesn't give?

He isn’t tall, doesn’t have a great deal of presence, doesn’t have a huge amount of pace.

I shouldn’t be attacked for having an opinion, it’s simply unfair. I’m merely saying that I’m concerned that he calibre of player seems to be average at best.

25 minutes ago, WilliamBriscoe said:

I’m massively underwhelmed by Ellis, however I’m hopeful that he will have something about him to succeed. He has a least played league one football, which will certainly help.

Welcome Ellis

Eh? We’ve had the likes of Theo Robinson, Kurtis Guthrie and Davente Rodney. This lad is a very good upgrade with a lot of experience at our level. He’s exactly the sort of player we should be signing. 

6 minutes ago, Vale1995 said:

When basing an opinion what have you looked at because what im seeing is a league one striker who wasnt for sale coming to us for a fee. Whos previously worked under darrell and is a player darrell managed to sell for 750k after getting the best out of him. Not sayint hes a guranteed success but to say your massively underwhelmed need give your head a wobble. ' massively underwhelmed but hope he does well' is the most typical vale fan comment ever. 

He sold for £750k and failed. I’m a Vale fan and welcome anyone who we sign, and happy to give them my support. I haven’t slated him but think earlier on in the window we might have got a better player. Who knows but happy we have signed a striker at least.

Archived