onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Summer transfer targets/rumours, retained list etc

werstayinup

Aspiring to something is not a bad thing . We all have dreams and aspirations they are not always achieved but it’s something that drives on. We want to get better as a club we want to move up the league there is no guarantee that will happen but we live in hope.  

Advert

3 hours ago, Ben Stevens said:

Morning Old Faithful….

Sorry to be the bearer of bad news and morbidity again 🤷‍♂️

Just been told Wilson is out until Christmas so I hope this master plan comes good over the next 38 days when the window closes or we’re looking sick.

Have a wonderful day 😘

If that is the case then we will be seeing at least 3 probably 4 new forwards come in(maybe 2 will be loans again) but i have confidence that the management will know what and how many are required so we dont have the same situation as last winter in a higher league

3 hours ago, Ben Stevens said:

Just been told Wilson is out until Christmas

With respect, what you've been told doesn't really mean anything. 

I hardly expect the club to be blabbing confidential information to fans and telling them the exact span Willo will be out for. Especially when they have said time and again they don't want to give anything away to other clubs.

I believe that the truth is - none of us really know if he's injured and if so for how long. It's guesswork. The only people who do know for sure are the management/medical team and the player.

I hope he isn't and I hope that if he is, it isn't for long.

4 hours ago, philpvfc said:

He has a point though, we have 1 goalkeeper, I’d much prefer to have 3 in the squad.

No he doesn’t have a point. Do you honestly believe that we will take the field on Saturday with only one keeper. Stop worrying and look forward to the new season.

1 hour ago, Jacko51 said:

I was listening to a prog on Radio 4 the other day. There was a guy talking about tests they had done to try to ascertain if there was any link between outlook and life expectancy. They tested a load of folk of the same age to find out if they were optimists or pessimists then tracked them over a number of years. They found that the optimists lived on average 22 years after the tests and the pessimists only 15 years.

On that basis, RZ, I’m surprised you’re not dead!!!!

Since my dad and my uncle both died in their early 50s, so am I as I am older than that.

4 hours ago, Ben Stevens said:

Morning Old Faithful….

Sorry to be the bearer of bad news and morbidity again 🤷‍♂️

Just been told Wilson is out until Christmas so I hope this master plan comes good over the next 38 days when the window closes or we’re looking sick.

Have a wonderful day 😘

image.jpeg.db2eaca3759f571d01fcb32ca42f3e8c.jpeg

Thats it…….season over. Where are the goals going to come from. Must ring Radio Sjoke and let them know.

31 minutes ago, robf said:

Only if you're making promises you can't hit. 

If everyone followed your logic then how would you vote in a general election because no party would put out a manifesto for fear of "making a rod for their own back"? How would the Tory members vote for the next PM if they didn't spell out their plans for fear of "making a rod for their own back"? 

A statement of intent is a sign of ambition and I think you only make a "rod for your own back" if you don't deliver on that.

The club will deliver on being Championship ready. I am 100% confident of that.

Being Championship ready is developing the ground and infrastructure in place but not necessarily promotion to the Championship. Success on a football pitch is far more tricky to declare  in public, I think but ground development work and improvements are tangible and measurable so I see no reason why you shouldn't publicly declare what you want to do and then deliver on them.

It's more the terminology over the actual idea I have a (small) issue with.

Imagine we get relegated this season. Fans would just jump all over the "Championship ready" thing and it would make us look a bit silly. Carol would become a target for the idiots, which I'd be disappointed with, but it would happen.

It's like when Swindon said they "have better players than us" after the 1st leg of the Playoffs. They lost. And look stupid because of it.

The idea from Carol I am 100% behind, and it's similar to a business buzzword I've seen in my career a lot - Kaizen - ie continuous improvement. Maybe use that term instead?

I get what the club is trying to do - make the ticketing better, make the fan experience better, make the club shop better, make the youth setup better, make recruitment better, make the PA system better etc etc - which I'm all for!

When Carol said "we won't finish 8th", and we finished 13th (suppose she was right!) I just saw a lot of fans get on her back and I don't want the same to happen again.

3 minutes ago, valeparklife said:

It's more the terminology over the actual idea I have a (small) issue with.

Imagine we get relegated this season. Fans would just jump all over the "Championship ready" thing and it would make us look a bit silly. Carol would become a target for the idiots, which I'd be disappointed with, but it would happen.

It's like when Swindon said they "have better players than us" after the 1st leg of the Playoffs. They lost. And look stupid because of it.

The idea from Carol I am 100% behind, and it's similar to a business buzzword I've seen in my career a lot - Kaizen - ie continuous improvement. Maybe use that term instead?

I get what the club is trying to do - make the ticketing better, make the fan experience better, make the club shop better, make the youth setup better, make recruitment better, make the PA system better etc etc - which I'm all for!

When Carol said "we won't finish 8th", and we finished 13th (suppose she was right!) I just saw a lot of fans get on her back and I don't want the same to happen again.

What would you like her say to build the buzz? Let’s get 20th in League 1 ready. Doesn’t quite have the same ring. 

For me personally, I’m delighted she has put it out there. Shows ambition.I love seeing stadium and facility improvements. Can’t wait to see a completed Lorne Street and Hamil as a Vale end by the start of next season. Maybe even a new pitch. Once all that is done, we will be cooking with gas. 

the lorne street appeal needs more attention. with us reaching capacity a few times last season and having no purpose built family stand, we should be pushing on with the fundraising as a fanbase. i know the fun bus raises a lot but there should be a more organised and prominent campaign. so far only on 14k out of 100k so a long way to go.

4 hours ago, valiant_593 said:

No they wouldn’t have moaned. It’s clearly a genuine concern that a week before the 1sr game we have 1 keeper and 1 for forward. That isn’t moaning. 

It’s a forum where everyone is entitled to their opinion stop with this block them rubbish. Forum has turned into such a cesspit. Never used to be like this. 

Actually,I think the forum has been like this for as long as I've read it... remember Tyler B? The only time I can recall general harmony was between play off 2nd leg and about three weeks ago,a purple patch when everyone was euphoric. 

One thing that is worrying me a little bit is, that we are clearly trying to play the market. But as time keeps going on and on and on, at a certain point the scale will tip, and the ball no longer be in our court. If we come to the last week or two of August, and have still only signed say 3 players, agents and other clubs will know we are desperate, and prices will go up accordingly. Right now, as DF said, agents call us back now having gone from 6k to 5k a week. At a certain point, it will be us calling the agents, having to accept their offer. This 'playing the market' is a game of very very fine margins!

You are right Danish regards the fine margins and a tipping point being reached.

But depending on how you look at it, this could also work our favour and the ball could fall in our court.

There are still lots of quality players available, players don't want to be without clubs so their wage demands become more realistic as time progresses.

I am hoping the Vale are aiming high and holding their nerve to sign quality that will improve us.

My nerves are shredded but I'm still confident that we will be strong at the end of the window that we were when the final whistle blew at Wembley.

Sent from my POT-LX1 using onevalefan mobile app

7 minutes ago, Alsager Whites said:

the lorne street appeal needs more attention. with us reaching capacity a few times last season and having no purpose built family stand, we should be pushing on with the fundraising as a fanbase. i know the fun bus raises a lot but there should be a more organised and prominent campaign. so far only on 14k out of 100k so a long way to go.

Tbh I think Carol is pushing ahead with it and will get it done by the start of next season now the gym is going to be moved. I then think she’ll say transfer the funds raised to the JR statue. I chucked a few hundred in for the LS concourse and would be happy to see it transferred to the JR statue. 

Archived