onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Summer transfer targets/rumours, retained list etc

werstayinup

Advert

14 hours ago, Fosse69 said:

It is not now, but a target to build and prepare for, can we follow in the steps of Posh? Patience is needed.

Agreed - but I always think we're closer to Brentford's model? Posh have made a lot money on player sales.

Agreed - but I always think we're closer to Brentford's model? Posh have made a lot money on player sales.
Posh lost £6.5 million last year and Brentford loose an average of £40 million a year. So even though it seems to be working for them it needs a lot of investment to make it work.

1 hour ago, dishydave said:
6 hours ago, LancyTony said:

Posh lost £6.5 million last year and Brentford loose an average of £40 million a year. So even though it seems to be working for them it needs a lot of investment to make it work.

😳

9 hours ago, philmpv said:

I don't get this insistence on being 'proven' in L1. 

It's one of a number of cliches rolled out with the intention of casting doubt and demonstrating how smart the poster is.

Followed later by I told you so, or glad I was wrong.

Apologies for starting the day on a negative.🙃

23 minutes ago, SFBT said:

It's one of a number of cliches rolled out with the intention of casting doubt and demonstrating how smart the poster is.

Followed later by I told you so, or glad I was wrong.

Apologies for starting the day on a negative.🙃

Another good one is “I hope I’m wrong but….” 

7 hours ago, LancyTony said:

Harratt wanted to stay (according to his family) - but his club decided otherwise. Edmondson, I think, did himself out of a new loan, or signing for us permanent, by being too versatile last season, and playing anywhere he was needed...but not showing enough as a striker - fantastic attitude and a good contribution. Gibbo and Taylor been pretty much replaced by Cass and Ojo. We had a very good team last season, so didn't need much in the way of new additions. My head is very much NOT" in the sand" but I saw a lot of Lge1 on TV and don't think we'll be outclassed. I think the same for Exeter, too...not confident FGR will do as well as either of us. 

Harratt played out on the left for Bradford when they got hammered by Chesterfield at the weekend. I think he's made a mistake going there. They have Cook,Oliver and Angol as forwards. Huddersfield have signed Hudlin,then loaned him out. Harratt is out of contract next season. I'd have liked him to test himself in L1 as there's no doubt he's got a bit of quality.

This is just an opinion and I don't want everyone to agree with me...

18 minutes ago, DazFred said:

Harratt played out on the left for Bradford when they got hammered by Chesterfield at the weekend. I think he's made a mistake going there. They have Cook,Oliver and Angol as forwards. Huddersfield have signed Hudlin,then loaned him out. Harratt is out of contract next season. I'd have liked him to test himself in L1 as there's no doubt he's got a bit of quality.

I agree ☺️

17 minutes ago, DazFred said:

Might be worth a cheeky bid in January. 

18 minutes ago, DazFred said:

Harratt is out of contract next season. I'd have liked him to test himself in L1 as there's no doubt he's got a bit of quality.

I don't think he is. According to Wikipedia Harratt is under contract till 2025. I suspect Huddersfield see him as one for the future anyhow so I doubt he'd be let go. Edmondson had another year on his contract but was released to join Carlisle on a free.

7 minutes ago, robf said:

I don't think he is. According to Wikipedia Harratt is under contract till 2025. I suspect Huddersfield see him as one for the future anyhow so I doubt he'd be let go. Edmondson had another year on his contract but was released to join Carlisle on a free.

I've seen somewhere where Harratt was out of contract at the end of next season so I must be wrong. I'd have taken him this season cos I think he was really good at Wembley and even though he only scored 5 for us,they were all good goals and you can see the quality he has.

Both he and Edmondson had really good attitudes. If I were Harratt I wouldn't have gone near any club Hughes was managing.

Archived