onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Summer transfer targets/rumours, retained list etc

werstayinup

Advert

I seem to say this every week now but surely there has to be some movement tomorrow

If the trialist keeper is Brad Rose who has been mentioned on here then i can only assume he will be a 3rd keeper as i do know the club are after a more experienced keeper than Stone or they were anyway.

I also still expect us to sign a player or two who are already still contracted to clubs( we have all only really been looking at the free agent market when it keeps getting said that they are all being snapped up)

26 minutes ago, werstayinup said:

If the trialist keeper is Brad Rose who has been mentioned on here then i can only assume he will be a 3rd keeper

Yeah, I would imagine he would be one of the "development squad" of young professionals.

I'm very much a "trust the process" person on here and clearly it needs to be the right players but I do think one or two signings (GK and FW) this coming week would calm some nerves, including mine!

3 minutes ago, robf said:

Yeah, I would imagine he would be one of the "development squad" of young professionals.

I'm very much a "trust the process" person on here and clearly it needs to be the right players but I do think one or two signings (GK and FW) this coming week would calm some nerves, including mine!

You need to ban yourself for using the”trust the process” phrase 🤣

5 hours ago, Osh said:

THIS. Read this. It's about mindset (something you seem to struggle with)

And for clarity, I don't give a flying <ovf censored> what anyone thinks of us if we fail to get in the Championship. I'd prefer us to try and fail with honour then sit there and snipe 

As ever, Carol puts things into perspective. Exceptional leadership.

It's a 5 year plan, so when viewed in that context, makes this close season, well, a close season.

No reason whatsoever to panic. Look at the big picture and enjoy the ride.

Football fans are knee jerk and won’t accept long term aims or exercise patience if things start to go wrong (even if only for a short time), you only have to look at the stick she was getting the season before last on here. 

Football fans are knee jerk and won’t accept long term aims or exercise patience if things start to go wrong (even if only for a short time), you only have to look at the stick she was getting the season before last on here. 
Correction: SOME football fans, and a minority at that. Unfortunately, they also tend to be very loud, angry and unreasonable with it

20 minutes ago, robf said:

Rob I have heard this young Development squad being mentioned on here but i think i missed the club mentioning that,is it actually a thing they are doing now and have we signed anyone up for it yet?

8 minutes ago, SFBT said:

As ever, Carol puts things into perspective. Exceptional leadership.

It's a 5 year plan, so when viewed in that context, makes this close season, well, a close season.

No reason whatsoever to panic. Look at the big picture and enjoy the ride.

This is why i think she gave DC a 5yr deal as he is the man she wants to lead us to the Championship,I cant believe anyone on here truly expects us to splash the cash and try and get there this season,it was always going be long term

@werstayinup it was in David Flitcroft's Sentinel interview. The idea was to have some younger professionals to develop in the years before the academy can start producing them. 

He said:

"We have completely rebuilt that (the academy) and it is going to be an unbelievable success. It is probably going to take us another year to start seeing some shoots and successes. But in the meantime, we are going to build six to eight younger pros underneath that to help serve the first team."

is it what carol was talking about in her interview today?

“We now have a shadow squad (of under-19s) for next season. These are lads that haven’t quite been offered an academy place. So, they will have the same training, their timetables are designed so they can work in parallel."

“They will have their education and the package is very much the same as the academy players, but the academy players have a very specific contract with us.”

don't really understand what it actually is myself]

4 minutes ago, Alsager Whites said:

is it what carol was talking about in her interview today?

“We now have a shadow squad (of under-19s) for next season. These are lads that haven’t quite been offered an academy place. So, they will have the same training, their timetables are designed so they can work in parallel."

“They will have their education and the package is very much the same as the academy players, but the academy players have a very specific contract with us.”

don't really understand what it actually is myself. don't sound like players ready to play first team though

Yes, I'm a bit baffled too

Archived