onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Summer transfer targets/rumours, retained list etc

werstayinup

3 minutes ago, Osh said:

Jesus. Not again. 

Block em. It's the only way you'll be rid of em!

TBH if we'd signed 10 players and not improved the ground,people would moan. 

I'm just looking forward to the calibre of fixtures and bigger away followings. The feel-good factor of promotion is still there for me.

Advert

Just now, Fosse69 said:

I wouldn`t disagree with that, but still 4 players to be replaced even if they stayed.

We’ve replaced Taylor with Funso, some may argue we’ve replaced Gibbo with Cass, just 2 more to go but I would throw Covlan in to the list as well meaning 3 more before the start of the season and then a few more before the end of the transfer window. If we manage this, without desperate signings then great, all be it a couple of weeks too late. If we don’t, then we are not in a good position at all and major mistakes have been made.

1 hour ago, Fosse69 said:

Last season Pompey relied on loan strikers, likely again this season, waiting for clubs to decide who to send out on loan.

True, but their local journalist seems to think it's less than ideal. Would rather be in our position with two in-house at least.

Yes, we'd like to be further on, yes there are targets we've missed due to money, or who turned out to be a bad fit personality-wise, or who we're still negotiating with. Of course we're all a bit anxious about it, but the simple truth of it is that as the money at the top inflates ever upwards, and as we too move up, players' and agents' power increases, so we won't always get what we want, especially given who we're competing with.

Anxiety is understandable, but premature talk of 'failure' in the window, or the insinuation that management have somehow been negligent, focusing on the wrong things or just on a jolly this summer is taking it too far. 

Debate good, expressing concern healthy, hyperbole and constant negativity not so much.

1 minute ago, DazFred said:

I'm just looking forward to the calibre of fixtures and bigger away followings. The feel-good factor of promotion is still there for me.

Block em? What, for having a different opinion to you? You’ll find life on here pretty boring once you’ve done that and everyone conforms to your opinions. 

2 minutes ago, Sam Kelly's Left Boot said:

GK will undoubtedly be high on the list, and 1 will come in before the big kick off. Permanent or even loan, either way it will be sorted I'm sure.

I’m sure it will be but how far have we gone down the picking list for it to be this late in the stage?

2 minutes ago, Frank Mustard said:

Block em? What, for having a different opinion to you? You’ll find life on here pretty boring once you’ve done that and everyone conforms to your opinions. 

Don’t think he will get this message 🤪

2 minutes ago, Frank Mustard said:

I don't expect people to confirm to my opinions and never will. I just find it easier not to read negative unfounded drivel. Anyone would think we got promoted last season

15 minutes ago, philpvfc said:

Agree, we were probably fine with letting all the others go at the time as we had replacements in mind. These replacements haven’t come through yet and that’s the problem. Gibbo is better than Cass, I haven’t seen Funso yet to decide whether he would get in to our first 11 above Conlon, Garrity and Walker or Pett.

Gibbo and Cass play different roles. I know Gibbo played rcb once or twice, but I don't think it's an accurate comparison.

26 minutes ago, DazFred said:

No they wouldn’t have moaned. It’s clearly a genuine concern that a week before the 1sr game we have 1 keeper and 1 for forward. That isn’t moaning. 

It’s a forum where everyone is entitled to their opinion stop with this block them rubbish. Forum has turned into such a cesspit. Never used to be like this. 

2 minutes ago, DazFred said:

I don't expect people to confirm to my opinions and never will. I just find it easier not to read negative unfounded drivel. Anyone would think we got promoted last season

Block the wind up merchants by all means but just because someone has a different opinion to you doesn’t make their opinions negative unfounded drivel. 

3 minutes ago, DazFred said:

I fail to see how fans concerned about signings and the squad depth given injuries ect is unfounded given we have signed two players (one coming back from a bad injury). Have 1 goalkeeper and 1 fit senior forward who spent most of last season inured. We have Conlon, Pett, Hussey and Walker all coming back as well. We’re short and that’s a genuine concern that shouldn’t kept being shot down. I still think we will sign 2/3 before Saturday and I really think we desperately need it. 

1 hour ago, valeparklife said:

Also, I feel this "Championship ready" mantra should have been kept in house.

Idiots will start to use it against Carol if things don't go well.

I love the ambition, but declaring it publicly can leave us with egg on our face.

Feel it's gonna become the new "we won't finish 8th".

Sorry but that's just utter <ovf censored>. 

Carol is trying to set the sights for the club; it's called culture. It's extremely important in any business. 

She's trying to get everyone in the club from the top down to start thinking and getting ready to get in to the Championship. 

If you fail to prepare in business then you prepare to fail. Look at their business - it's very, very well run. 

She's just trying to get the club on a proper professional footing. I admire her for doing it. 

Yes, people like you might sneer.  I won't. I'll keep supporting her. 

Morning Old Faithful….

Sorry to be the bearer of bad news and morbidity again 🤷‍♂️

Just been told Wilson is out until Christmas so I hope this master plan comes good over the next 38 days when the window closes or we’re looking sick.

Have a wonderful day 😘

Archived