onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Summer transfer targets/rumours, retained list etc

werstayinup

I assume that all the players  signed using the DoF structure would have a promotion clause in their contract that increased their basic salary upon promotion, making us competitive with the lower half of L1. I am not expecting PO category players this season, but players capable of improvement, together with development players able to cover bench vacancies. A couple of high performing loan players would be most welcome once their clubs have decided to loan them out.

Advert

19 minutes ago, jeffers said:

So Freddie is a genius for moulding a group of kids into a cricket team, but Darrell isn’t for moulding a group of footballers from here there and everywhere into a promotion winning team in his first season (his fifth promotion). It’s time you gave him some credit. We may well have differing views, but can you back up your reason with some substance.

I said I wasn't going to make any more comments about the manager. Let's see where we are at the end of the season. 

31 minutes ago, jeffers said:

So Freddie is a genius for moulding a group of kids into a cricket team, but Darrell isn’t for moulding a group of footballers from here there and everywhere into a promotion winning team in his first season (his fifth promotion). It’s time you gave him some credit. We may well have differing views, but can you back up your reason with some substance.

Just block him and he'll go away. He's a troll. Hover the cursor over his name and press 'ignore'. OVF becomes a better place for it. It's a shame I still see interactions when he's quoted though, would be good if the website could fix that.

I appreciate everyone has different opinions, which is healthy and creates interesting viewpoints. But to constantly slate and attack DC, literally be proved wrong, and not have the decency to admit this just shows the type of person they are.

Don't feed the troll.

1 hour ago, SFBT said:

Perhaps that's the key. There are facts. Then there are hypotheses extrapolated from them, which can go in any direction, depending on the outlook of the poster.

They cannot be right because it's set in the future, so counter hypotheses are constructed.

Hence argument...

If you stay in the now, with what is, then all that worry disappears. You can enjoy yourself again 😃 

Rubbish.  Pure hypothesis.

37 minutes ago, Budgie_2260 said:

Unless they've had a pre-season with their current club.

Sent from my POT-LX1 using onevalefan mobile app

If they’re free agents they won’t have a club. Yes they might stay on if the club lets them but in terms of drills, tactics etc then they’ll still be behind. 

The upshot is we want the best of all worlds the way I see it. We want better than the Gibbons, Taylors etc but we don’t want to pay beyond the wage structure, don’t want d*ckheads and don’t want players who are injury-prone.

The first is non-negotiable, you can’t can’t spend what you haven’t got. It’s therefore a combo of loans, players with questionable injury records (ummm) and getting a tune out of the odd d*ckhead (like Swindle did with McKirdy).

I would go for 4, Mckirdy is allegedly a d*ckhead but he scored 20 goals in the League we were in last season and we gave him away. To me management is about managing the players you have rather than recruiting some that don't argue with you. Not many managers get the luxury of only having 2 players in the squad which you didn't sign yourself.
Mc Kirdy.. there is no allegedly about it, yes scored 20 goals and won nothing to show for it other than the lost ball from his penalty last seen bouncing up Clanway Street in Tunstall.

McKirdy...Who single handedly wound up the opposition in the 2nd leg of a play off game.

I'm glad we didn't build a team round him and I'm delighted we got promoted without him.

1 hour ago, Budgie_2260 said:

Ben, I will always respect you for climbing that tree and I know you're a passionate fan.

But what is the answer to the problem you're pointing out?

1. Sign players of a lower quality to get numbers in?

2. Break the wage structure and pay what players are demanding and then suffer the consequences?

3. Hold out for quality players and hope their wage demands fall within our budget?

4. Sign d*ckheads who could upset the camp?

Sent from my POT-LX1 using onevalefan mobile app

Spot on,Thomas Frank at Brentford also believes that "If they fit the criteria of no <ovf censored>,then they can play for us"

31 minutes ago, valiant_593 said:

Also no James Wilson so looks like he could be injured - although a couple on here have said that’s clearly bull <ovf censored> as it came from fans so…..

text from a rotherham fan

"Wilson was on crutches with his lower leg strapped up to hell when I saw the squad on the plane the other week"

Weve left our business too late and now we are desperate for a forward. proctor can't play saturday tuesday. agents will know 'port vale are desperate for forwards' and will charge a premium. our strategy may have backfired. we are now beholden to the agents who know we need 1-2 players in the next 6 days.

22 minutes ago, valiant_593 said:

We have 2 players on trial today. One of which is a keeper, does this mean the Blackman rumours aren’t true? Surely if we have a keeper lined up we don’t need another in on trial? 

I think you might be over thinking things, it’s like you have lost trust in our management team when up to yet they have got virtually everything right. If they have the opportunity to look at a keeper then why not? There appears to be a lot of speculation surrounding Wilson but the truth is we don’t really know and we won’t know until it’s confirmed. I feel reasonably confident that if we don’t make any signings we’ll be competing with Fleetwood and be capable of snatching 3 points. I do acknowledge that we need 3 or 4 new signings but I am patient enough for them to be the right signings. A united dressing room is crucial and I respect the wage structure as I think the togetherness we showed towards the end of the season got us over the line. Things aren’t that bad, you just think they are.

2 minutes ago, Dr Delgado said:

I think you might be over thinking things, it’s like you have lost trust in our management team when up to yet they have got virtually everything right. If they have the opportunity to look at a keeper then why not? There appears to be a lot of speculation surrounding Wilson but the truth is we don’t really know and we won’t know until it’s confirmed. I feel reasonably confident that if we don’t make any signings we’ll be competing with Fleetwood and be capable of snatching 3 points. I do acknowledge that we need 3 or 4 new signings but I am patient enough for them to be the right signings. A united dressing room is crucial and I respect the wage structure as I think the togetherness we showed towards the end of the season got us over the line. Things aren’t that bad, you just think they are.

willo is 100% injured long term can pull me up on this if im wrong. calf injury minimum 8 weeks. he is slow to get going when he's fit. we now have one striker who couldn't stay fit last season. desperate times and agents will know! you need to be able to pull out of negotiations to get the best price and we don't have leverage anymore. players know this and can command a kings ransom knowing we dont have enough forwards to start the season. this is why you get most of your business done earlier. leave some to the end but not half your forward line!!

1 minute ago, Alsager Whites said:

willo is 100% injured long term can pull me up on this if im wrong. calf injury minimum 8 weeks. he is slow to get going when he's fit. we now have one striker who couldn't stay fit last season. desperate times and agents will know!

Of course agents will know but there should be no desperation. There was talk from Flitcroft and Clarke with regard to Premiership loans, something will happen and something good. Our back room staff have been here before. If we keep saying “desperate times” then maybe we will begin to believe they are”desperate times”. 

Archived