onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Summer transfer targets/rumours, retained list etc

werstayinup

Advert

Just now, valiant_593 said:

Considering you have me and RZ on your ignore list. How do you know if we post when we lose or not? I can tell you for a fact I do, part the reason why people don’t like me on here 😂

Only when we losing tho not at full time ? 🙈 joking before ya start ha 

1 minute ago, valiant_593 said:

Considering you have me and RZ on your ignore list. How do you know if we post when we lose or not? I can tell you for a fact I do, part the reason why people don’t like me anymore on here 😂

I've always felt that you've had a balanced and reasoned viewpoint personally

I'd like to apologise to people for being so positive and for moaning at the moaners, even those who haven't moaned yet about something that hasn't yet happened.
I also apologise to all those who have me on their ignore list (even though they won't know I've apologised).
I believe Port Vale are in for a very entertaining season where we will surprise not only opposition teams but our own supporters as well.
Our squad may look paper thin but I still trust the management to bring in quality signings who will only add to what we already have, a squad capable of competing in this division.
I can't wait for next Saturday, sorry to go off topic but it's division three and 46 games to go.

Sent from my SM-G930F using onevalefan mobile app

6 hours ago, fraggle said:

Whilst I agree with a wage structure, Does anyone think that being to rigid on that is holding back our ability to sign our players. At the end of the day, you go up a league, naturally you have to pay more for both your current squad and new players into the club…. But… if you are trying to fit ex-championship, seasoned L1 pro’s into that structure, I’m sure that’ll be incredibly hard.

It does seem like (piecing together threads of conversation) that our squad (new and old) have to sign up to this performance related structure, which for some will work and for others it will be a hard no!

We were told last season by some of the football managers on here, that our wage structure would stop us signing the players we wanted!  Also - I believe the highly-incentivised bonus structure was the players' own idea? Seems like it worked last season - don't fix it for this?

3 hours ago, Mark-Valiant said:

Can I ask what realistic ambitions  people have for next season? For me the number 1 realistic target is to stay in this league, then to push on there after. I know we need players & we will get them in ( hopefully). I must admit the only positions I'm a bit concerned about is the striking options. A permanent ST & a loan ST would put me at ease, sooner rather than later preferably. So to to other supporters what are your expectations & what positions do you think we are in need of? I really do believe in the 'process' & progress the club have adopted. I'm really excited about next season & looking forward to this season's campaign.

UTV

Top half of the League. Maybe higher depending on the players we sign?

7 hours ago, LancyTony said:

It's not having differing views that's the problem...it's when people make up "facts" to back up their opinions, which tend to be nonsensical. And you can pick at the opinion and point out their flaws ans all that will happen is they will change their direction and claim to have been saying something different. RZ in particular was a nasty piece of work - and knew it! Rarely appeared on here when things were going well - which was a lot of the time; but being on here after every bad result, posting the same badly researched comments which were as personal a dig as you could get and suggested DC was guilty of things which, clearly, were not true! Also - I don't remember a single word of sympathy for DC when he experienced his tragedy - not a single word...and I called him out on that as lacking humanity. All this is why I blocked him - but, in any case - people who get blocked can still post their opinions...it doesn't alter that, but those of us who prefer to save our breath, and stop banging our heads against walls, in frustration, just prefer to block his kind...sadly, he winds so many people up that he is possibly the most quoted on here? Sorry if you don't like people taking steps to prevent having to read that kind of BS!

I wasn't going to reply, probably pointless anyway if you have blocked me but I think you have publicly spread more lies and misjudgments about me on here than I have spread in my entire life. Take a look back at your own posts calling me some nasty things and show me where I have said anything particularly nasty about anyone.

6 hours ago, LancyTony said:

We were told last season by some of the football managers on here, that our wage structure would stop us signing the players we wanted!  Also - I believe the highly-incentivised bonus structure was the players' own idea? Seems like it worked last season - don't fix it for this?

And not forgetting the final nail in our promotion coffin by ridiculously thinking they could get better value and get the job done by signing Edmonson and Harratt rather than breaking the bank for the likes of Ryan Loft or Kane Hemmings.

7 hours ago, Birches Head Fred said:

I'd like to apologise to people for being so positive and for moaning at the moaners, even those who haven't moaned yet about something that hasn't yet happened.
I also apologise to all those who have me on their ignore list (even though they won't know I've apologised).
I believe Port Vale are in for a very entertaining season where we will surprise not only opposition teams but our own supporters as well.
Our squad may look paper thin but I still trust the management to bring in quality signings who will only add to what we already have, a squad capable of competing in this division.
I can't wait for next Saturday, sorry to go off topic but it's division three and 46 games to go.

Sent from my SM-G930F using onevalefan mobile app

I was going to moan about you not moaning but you may have me on your ignore list..

I echo your optimism.

7 days to go

11 hours ago, Playa Amodores said:

DD, I agree but aren’t Wrexham also interested and will offer him more money than we will. As I said earlier in this thread there are leagues within leagues. I think we need to up our salaries if we are to survive this season. Id understand if it was due to the preservation of the club, but we’re talking about getting promoted again to the championship. Still Carol pays the wages so it’s up to her

I had no good reason to believe he was coming to Vale, more a case of 5 pints down the line on a Friday night and I was feeling positive. Now I've woken up with kebab meat on my shirt, I'm not so sure he is coming, good night though.

I am 100% behind having a firm and incentivised wage structure.  I'm sure we are waiting for the last week or two of the window when some players' excessive demands will suddenly become realistic as they realise they could be out of work. 

It seems clubs like the Vale are caught between the better supported clubs in L1 and the bank-rolled Clubs in The Conference and L2. 

I think we may buy less than we'd hoped, or maybe take a punt on a few unknowns, like Garrity for example, along with a couple of decent season long loans. As long as we have a group of players all pulling in the same direction as a team, I'll be satisfied and look forward to the new season with optimism. 

Leicester City not signed a player, yet, apparently. Probably have to sell before they can bring players in? Everton only signed 1 player? I'd be much more worried if i were Rodgers or Lampard, than DC! 
DC can relax, Rodgers can't with the top 6+1 easily able to grab his top players with money or games in Europe, when working within a budget. All relative when trying to improve your football status, standing still is not an option.

Sent from my SM-A715F using onevalefan mobile app

Archived