onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Summer transfer targets/rumours, retained list etc

werstayinup

23 minutes ago, MBE said:

They are but one CM had to go. 

No idea about the sell on clause but wouldn’t be surprised if there is one.

I assume that’s what he meant by we are protected.

From memory weren’t Forest on the significant % of any profit?  It may be that if we have sold him for a similar fee we have made little ‘profit’ that we have to share with Forest, but have a significant % on any profit Morecambe make.  

Advert

45 minutes ago, mvb said:

fed up of hearing "trust the process "....we have lost 2 of our best players in Gibbo and Taylor , bought in Ojo who looks good on paper , bought in Cass which was a done deal last season , so what has the process been up to ?....surely we would have had targets lined up at the end of last season , its starting to look like theres a few chinks in the process armor , lots of good players being signed by clubs in our division , think we are in for a long hard season

People were saying all this when we dropped to 10th last season,oh and when all the dead wood left last summer,didn't end to badly really

34 minutes ago, MBE said:

Agee with you on Taylor a decent player but have to remember he has hardly played. 

On the numbers your assuming we will play the same way in L1. I expect us to play slightly differently with a few more players who can do something different rather than our methodical approach.

The central midfield position is fine providing we add creative players in other areas. I think that will happen.

As an example would you be happy if a Politic type player came in as replacement for Taylor? I would.

I would although they’re completely different players. For me we are now lacking a creative midfielder until Conlon is fit. I don’t mind him leaving at all, if we have a suitable replacement for him, same as Gibbons. From DF comments I’m not sure we will 

The reactions to when a player some see as important leaves reminds me of the reactions we see regularly on match days. If we go a game without scoring, some 'cant see where the next goal is coming from', even if we've regularly scored prior. If we lose a game, then come the next match all previous wins are forgotten, and only the last match counts as any evidence of our ability as a team. Lots of 'last game only' merchants which seems to have translated into their views on our transfer policy i.e. we've sold a decent player, there's obviously no better out there so we're not going to sign anyone and we're a weaker side.

As is stands we've sold or released Taylor, Amoo, Gibbons and Cov. I haven't totalled up their total combined appearances last season, but all were bit part players over the course of the season. On that basis alone, they won't be as missed as some seem to think, IMHO, and there will certainly be better out there.

We have loads of time for signings. Loads. If we want the right players, then sometimes we have to wait. That's what we're doing. I'm not concerned in the slightest

Edit: and now Martin, who some on here would have paid to leave. Very unfairly in my view.

10 minutes ago, valiant_593 said:

I would although they’re completely different players. For me we are now lacking a creative midfielder until Conlon is fit. I don’t mind him leaving at all, if we have a suitable replacement for him, same as Gibbons. From DF comments I’m not sure we will 

In central areas we do but to be fair Ojo he looks like he can really pick a pass.  

I’m sure they will have replacements in soon.

3 minutes ago, philmpv said:

The reactions to when a player some see as important leaves reminds me of the reactions we see regularly on match days. If we go a game without scoring, some 'cant see where the next goal is coming from', even if we've regularly scored prior. If we lose a game, then come the next match all previous wins are forgotten, and only the last match counts as any evidence of our ability as a team. Lots of 'last game only' merchants which seems to have translated into their views on our transfer policy i.e. we've sold a decent player, there's obviously no better out there so we're not going to sign anyone and we're a weaker side.

As is stands we've sold or released Taylor, Amoo, Gibbons and Cov. I haven't totalled up their total combined appearances last season, but all were bit part players over the course of the season. On that basis alone, they won't be as missed as some seem to think, IMHO, and there will certainly be better out there.

We have loads of time for signings. Loads. If we want the right players, then sometimes we have to wait. That's what we're doing. I'm not concerned in the slightest

I hope you are right but to go on a weeks training camp with just 2 New signings and still 6 or 7 more to come and hardly any Friendly Games, just seems all a bit risky, especially being in a better quality league.

Logically, both Taylor & Martin make sense. Martin was a steady player for us at League 2 level but I wouldn't have wanted him starting for us this season.

Taylor has always had promise, but unfortunately when you've got a gobshite agent & have only performed on 2 or 3 occasions in 18 months, the writing was always on the wall.

I trust the club to get their business done. I'm sure DC would've wanted the whole squad over in Spain but that sometimes doesn't happen. 

Judge the window at the end of August. I think we'll get a few in who will pleasantly surprise us. We're clearly not just going for any old tom, dick & harry.

All the best to Aaron. Think he did a good job for us and I think was treated a little harshly at first, once he got a run of games he was decent. Truth be told next season he was going to be second choice behind Smith in the MCB role and he deserves regular first team football. Even better for him it’s closer to his family.

2 minutes ago, ValeForever. said:

Logically, both Taylor & Martin make sense. Martin was a steady player for us at League 2 level but I wouldn't have wanted him starting for us this season.

Taylor has always had promise, but unfortunately when you've got a gobshite agent & have only performed on 2 or 3 occasions in 18 months, the writing was always on the wall.

I trust the club to get their business done. I'm sure DC would've wanted the whole squad over in Spain but that sometimes doesn't happen. 

Judge the window at the end of August. I think we'll get a few in who will pleasantly surprise us. We're clearly not just going for any old tom, dick & harry.

Agree totally with you. 

Slight concern is by Aug 31st we will of played 6 games. 

First 2 games are against teams predicted to struggle. 

I think this is right - I'm disappointed to lose Gibbons, Taylor and Lucas, but you can see what the club is thinking with all three: on their track record none of them could be entirely relied on, due to injuries or moments of madness. I could only see Amoo and Martin as back-ups in League One: both had great moments last season (and some dodgy moments too), but noone can say they didn't contribute to the end-result.

I would be surprised if there were any more departures, and announcing Taylor and Martin together feels like the club is drawing a line under the goings - hopefully this will mean some more arrivals are imminent, because I would like them to have at least a couple of weeks before the season begins again. But the window still has a long time to go, and the club has earned my patience.

11 minutes ago, philmpv said:

Edit: and now Martin, who some on here would have paid to leave. Very unfairly in my view.

Archived