onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Match Thread: Exeter City v Port Vale

Fosse69

Advert

On 04/05/2022 at 13:11, soothsayer said:

I know people keep going on about a lack of passion and effort but I really don’t see it. Lack of quality yes. Garrity, Pett and Charsley are all very workmanlike but can’t find a defence splitting pass. 
Earlier in the season we were flying with Conlon in there. When he got injured we really struggled until we put Brad Walker in there and his range of passing was key to our recent run. Unfortunately he got injured at just the wrong time and we’ve not won a game since he last started.

I fear unless he returns we won’t have enough to win the playoffs should we get there. Is there any news at all if he’s out for the season?🤔

You're spot-on with that Walker comment, we haven't been able to fill that void and it has not only shown, but also cost us points and potentially promotion.  We've certainly had more than our fair share of bad luck this season.  Whichever division we're in next time, fingers (and everything) crossed for a less traumatic season on-field and off it.

My nephew originally queued for hours 6 folk in front of him and it sold out .

Understand totally why tickets have become available on different Vale pages as its a lot of money travel that far and the hurt the fans have felt since 17.00 on Monday will only subside slightly if we minimum reach play offs .

Lets hope the players are capable of that be honest with you we are capable of much more beat FGR beat Bristol Rovers drew with Mansfield only lost to Northampton cause one of our players missed a open goal and goalie got sent off ,beat Swindon threw the game away v Sutton with amateurish defending .

So Exeter do not be so sure your going win I'm positive the final scoreline will be in Vales favour .

BTW nephew and lad not bothered about going now and why would they be queuing for nothing then all of a sudden the very people who couldn't wait go no longer want go ,oh well hope you all find buyers for your tickets. 

UTV 

36 minutes ago, Breadwinner said:

My nephew originally queued for hours 6 folk in front of him and it sold out .

Understand totally why tickets have become available on different Vale pages as its a lot of money travel that far and the hurt the fans have felt since 17.00 on Monday will only subside slightly if we minimum reach play offs .

Lets hope the players are capable of that be honest with you we are capable of much more beat FGR beat Bristol Rovers drew with Mansfield only lost to Northampton cause one of our players missed a open goal and goalie got sent off ,beat Swindon threw the game away v Sutton with amateurish defending .

So Exeter do not be so sure your going win I'm positive the final scoreline will be in Vales favour .

BTW nephew and lad not bothered about going now and why would they be queuing for nothing then all of a sudden the very people who couldn't wait go no longer want go ,oh well hope you all find buyers for your tickets. 

UTV 

Its an odd on as it still a massive game for us, if for example we had sat just outside the play offs and a win would put us into the play offs fans would be desperate to go still, ultimately we can still go up (all be it about a 3% chance with the bookies!) but more importantly its a game that could decide if we make the play offs for the first time in 29 years.

Can’t remember the last time I felt so much apathy towards a game.

The way our players wilted under the promotion pressure from being 5 clear with 4 to play really has killed me off for the season. I hope I snap out of it before kick off.

The management team must be working overtime with players to get the mentality right. We can’t go in the play offs with a whimper if we get in there.

Can’t help thinking this feels like Tranmere last season.

I'm going with a fair group of us at 10-00 am tomorrow. 2 nights in Torquay.

We'd of gone anyway even if we were 14th. But it's definitely all psychological the feeling flat and people now suddenly not wanting to go.

Had we been hovering around the top 10 all season and needed a point the place would be buzzing. 

A lot have thrown the towel in .

It really isn't over , Exeter themselves might get the yips now the title is in their hands. We have to try and put the last 3 games behind us.

It's League 2, it's Vale, we could lose Saturday and miss out or in 3 weeks time be experiencing an ultimate high at Wembley.

We have to believe we can do it. 

17 minutes ago, valefan16 said:

Its an odd on as it still a massive game for us, if for example we had sat just outside the play offs and a win would put us into the play offs fans would be desperate to go still, ultimately we can still go up (all be it about a 3% chance with the bookies!) but more importantly its a game that could decide if we make the play offs for the first time in 29 years.

I agree football is not decided by who are the better team its all on the day .

So folk looking in go Scunthorpe got nowt play for neither did Walsall and Newport alledgedly and lets be honest a stronger ref in our game at home to BR would have showed one red card minimum plus pressure they might do a Vale and buckle under the high pressure and surely Scunthorpe players will want to be if wanting be a part of there uprising want to finish season with a gutsy display there hopefully .

Folk will look at Barrow v Northampton and think Barrow will roll over and have there bellies tickled not necessarily Barrow have had some impressive results at home lately .

Then FGR will be going for title and they are away where they generally play better .

After 3 defeats if someone had said you may still get promoted I'd have laughed at you but if we actually do win there's every chance we could do and over the season the league table will not lie so I'm holding on to over a season we have certainly been in my byest own opinion the  3rd best side in the league come sat 7th May 2022.

Believe 

UTV 

19 minutes ago, valefan16 said:

You can guarantee Scunny score first at Bristol as well, everyone's hopes get up! Then second half Rovers get the result.

Before the days of phones. 1993 Blackpool away. We were losing 2-1 at Blackpool a murmuring went round our end that Preston were winning at Bolton.

Vale went berserk and won 4-2,  couple  of pitch invasions, only to find out John McGinley had scored in a 1-0 Bolton win.

Missed promotion and then the West Brom Wembley game followed. 

Talk about pee on our chips. 

Archived