onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Match Thread: Exeter City v Port Vale

Fosse69

LAST ROLL OF THE DICE

Conjure up a battling, dynamic, new formation to sweep the Grecians off their lofty perch, confidence is the key.  We can but dream and may have to wait until September to go on a roll. Most likely we must rely on other teams to retain our place in the Play Offs. But for some reason hope springs eternal and I have a 1-1 in mind which would be enough.

Key games: For POs  Walsall to beat Swindon, or Harrogate not to lose to Sutton. 

For Promotion: Vale to beat Exeter,  plus Cobblers, Bristle and Mansfield to all lose.

Euro Jackpot £145M

AC/DC Black and White Army

Advert

As you've summed up, the most disappointing thing now is that it's no longerin our own hands, we've got to hope that a number of other results go our way and that we get at least a point at Exeter.  After such a topsey-turvey season, I'd be gutted if it all comes down to an anti-climax on Saturday!  Fingers crossed, keep the faith, come on you Vale!

Stone

* Martin if out

Gibbo Smith Hall Hussey

Pett

Taylor Garrity Amoo

Wilson Proctor

No Walker and Conlon and we're always going to be left wanting in the middle, but gotta do something. Neither HC or JT fill me with confidence but realistically at least 1 is going to play.

1 minute ago, Bycarsbill said:

As you've summed up, the most disappointing thing now is that it's no longerin our own hands, we've got to hope that a number of other results go our way and that we get at least a point at Exeter.  After such a topsey-turvey season, I'd be gutted if it all comes down to an anti-climax on Saturday!  Fingers crossed, keep the faith, come on you Vale!

Seems to me the biggest disappointment since the Baggies PO Final, but we move on as they say.

I wouldn't be surprised if we ended up winning this, as Vale will just never do what you expect. Plus Exeter are not scary in the slightest, it's another case of the least bad teams getting promoted. 

No chance of this team been played for me but this is how I would go assuming Hall back fit.

Lucas

Worrall Gibbo Smith Hall Benning

Charsley Garritty Pett

Proctor Wilson

Stone looks so nervous to me, I know Covolan will never be picked again but for me still the best keeper at the club and in the most important game, you have to have your best players, I honestly don't think he would do anything stupid in a game that matters,if he did no team in the professional game will come in for him.  I would bring Gibbo as the right sided centre half of a 3, he's played that position before and looked comfortable for me, you can play Gibbo there as Exeter not a big side and more of a footballing team than long balls.  Smith back in the middle where you don't have to bring the ball out and start attacks and hopefully Hall will be back.

I think we will make the playoffs.2 of BR ,Northampton and Mansfield will be in a sorry state on Saturday night.We could go into the playoffs bouncing knowing we’ve got out of jail.Those 2 losers could go in with heads dropped.

13 minutes ago, valefan79 said:

No chance of this team been played for me but this is how I would go assuming Hall back fit.

Lucas

Worrall Gibbo Smith Hall Benning

Charsley Garritty Pett

Proctor Wilson

Stone looks so nervous to me, I know Covolan will never be picked again but for me still the best keeper at the club and in the most important game, you have to have your best players, I honestly don't think he would do anything stupid in a game that matters,if he did no team in the professional game will come in for him.  I would bring Gibbo as the right sided centre half of a 3, he's played that position before and looked comfortable for me, you can play Gibbo there as Exeter not a big side and more of a footballing team than long balls.  Smith back in the middle where you don't have to bring the ball out and start attacks and hopefully Hall will be back.

You would be nervous if you had Hussey' Martin'and Smith in front of you one who picks the wrong boots to play in one who is as slow as a carthorse the other who cannot pass water between them they make football look the hardest game to play.

3 minutes ago, Howjy04 said:

I think we will make the playoffs.2 of BR ,Northampton and Mansfield will be in a sorry state on Saturday night.We could go into the playoffs bouncing knowing we’ve got out of jail.Those 2 losers could go in with heads dropped.

Love your optimism mate but in reality land we had the chance to be promoted and literally threw it away with the last 3 totally inept performances.

I usually bang the drum on here for the Vale but even I now accept that in all honesty we are not good enough as a squad to be promoted. Having experienced so many years of let downs this is probably one of the hardest to stomach after the fantastic work done by Carol and Kevin.

On our day we have shown we can compete and beat the better teams but the inconsistency is glaringly obvious in both team selections and tactics.

I'll be a Valiant all my life but honestly at this moment in time I'm so, so frustrated and disheartened with the way we have lately been nothing but also rans. 

I've not been a fan of the 3-5-2, but do appreciate it has worked well for most of the season. I think for it to work we need to be more controlled in possession, but everyone seems to panic on the ball in the last few games.

I'd go 4-3-3 this game and look to counter attack. Get the ball forward quickly, and have the energy of Garrity and Charsley running through.

Stone

Gibbo-Smith-Hall-Benning

Garrity-Pett-Charsley

Amoo-Proctor-Wilson

Archived