onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Match Thread: Exeter City v Port Vale

Fosse69

The reality is, there's no outstanding teams in league 2, some better than others granted, but anybody from the bottom half can beat the top teams. Of course we can get a win down at Exeter, we're not playing Man city. No reason why we can't galvanise, get a result Saturday and go on and win the play offs. A lot of fuss was made of how good Bristol were a couple of weeks ago, better than us on the day no question, but were they really that good? Didn't see it myself. If we can make the playoffs, and we still can, there's no reason why we can't reset, re focus and get promoted. Yes form has dipped, but not so long ago we were a very hard team to beat, we can be again..momentum is everything, if we make the playoffs we can win them.

Advert

9 hours ago, Howjy04 said:

I posted on the Newport thread.We have one of the best away records in League 2.Ten wins ,six draws,six defeats(5 by the odd goal).We  are well capable of getting something on Saturday .Surprise ,surprise,Bristol Rovers appealing C**ts sending off.Barton was heard saying apparently  “ Even though he is a nasty  little tawt ,he’s not outdoing me”

Not sure how he can defend his player thumping someone?

We will see exactly what kind of characters we have now in the squad .

If you believe you can make a impact step up and do so ,.

There's every justification for changes you have 3 chances get 6 points for promotion and blew it each and every time .

So I hope this squad what's been amassed now shows the character required as if we miss out on play offs after most managers who we have played said we were the best side they have played to all of a sudden down tools with 4 to go and lose well its downright humiliating for our support .

So you better be up for the biggest fight of your life sat if your not please do the decent thing and drop out the squad .

We want representing properly if you cannot do it then do not show our support up .

It's down to you now to amend the mess you have created by lowering your standards players 

UTV 

If we make the playoffs i really hope we put in a battling performance vs exeter that can jolt us out of the funk we are in.

In terms of the game itself I really hope Gibbo is fit enough to start this one. In the home game their LB/LWB caprice ran the show and basically made us play like we had a back 5. Gotta win that battle and earn the right to play higher up the pitch. I think this has been our undoing in recent weeks. As others have said without Conlon/Walker we have less creativity in the middle. If our wing backs get nullified we have little threat. We don't have a skillful player / pace as an outlet option either so are quite one dimensional.

I'm going to avoid thinking past this game. Been doing that for weeks and so far it has just led to sadness.

19 hours ago, Houston Valiant said:

I think we’ve had our chance to go up, falling at the last hurdle with the three losses. You can’t do that and expect promotion. Exeter are a very good side , and by 5pm on Saturday , will be crowned champions.  Swindon will do what we couldn’t, and handily beat Walsall. Sutton , Northampton and Bristol Rovers, who will hammer Scunthorpe, will all win . Then we go again , as Rob Jones used to say , in poxy L2 next season .  That’s the reality. Of course , football isn’t built on reality, but whether through players being burnt out, injuries , Covid, or tactical changes , the fans will be left with “ the hope that kills you”  feeling throughout the summer, and it’s Crawley /Barrow/ away again on a freezing cold Tuesday night in January. For a team that lost once in 19 games, what the hell happened? 

we'll be in the playoffs on Saturday evening, then we prepare afresh for the playoffs. The past forgotten, and a few games to play where anything can happen.

Archived