onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Match Thread: Exeter City v Port Vale

Fosse69

11 minutes ago, darren1810 said:

Before the days of phones. 1993 Blackpool away. We were losing 2-1 at Blackpool a murmuring went round our end that Preston were winning at Bolton.

Vale went berserk and won 4-2,  couple  of pitch invasions, only to find out John McGinley had scored in a 1-0 Bolton win.

Missed promotion and then the West Brom Wembley game followed. 

Talk about pee on our chips. 

Remember it well got thrown out by a copper despite there being about 20 others on the pitch 

Advert

Guest Vale at home
2 minutes ago, Coyney Valiant said:

Remember it well got thrown out by a copper despite there being about 20 others on the pitch 

2 minutes ago, Coyney Valiant said:

I also attend that game . I do hope The  Vale can play a lot lot better than Monday . And hope to pull off is WIN .. COME ON THE VALE 3 points please .. 

4 minutes ago, Coyney Valiant said:

I was on for the 3rd. Possibly Paul Kerr, came on from behind the goal and ended up in the paddock 

3 Year ban these days unless you are Bolton at Vale 

Guest Vale at home
1 hour ago, darren1810 said:

I'm going with a fair group of us at 10-00 am tomorrow. 2 nights in Torquay.

We'd of gone anyway even if we were 14th. But it's definitely all psychological the feeling flat and people now suddenly not wanting to go.

Had we been hovering around the top 10 all season and needed a point the place would be buzzing. 

A lot have thrown the towel in .

It really isn't over , Exeter themselves might get the yips now the title is in their hands. We have to try and put the last 3 games behind us.

It's League 2, it's Vale, we could lose Saturday and miss out or in 3 weeks time be experiencing an ultimate high at Wembley.

We have to believe we can do it. 

I think the vale fans .think we can win .   But not sure the Vale players . Do they think they can win . Not after Bristol  Walsall . Newport .    But as vale fans . we can Dream . 

Good luck .to all the Vale fans that are Travelling to Exeter . Take care .  Please bring back 3 points to Burslem. 

26 minutes ago, Vale at home said:

I also attend that game . I do hope The  Vale can play a lot lot better than Monday . And hope to pull off is WIN .. COME ON THE VALE 3 points please .. 

So did I. I felt bad then but not as disappointed as this season.

We also had a lot better team and players in those days, they would wipe the floor with this current lot. 

Guest Vale at home
26 minutes ago, JSValiant said:

We also had a lot better team and players in those days, they would wipe the floor with this current lot. 

26 minutes ago, JSValiant said:

I so do agree .   We have had some Brilliant plays.   Guppy.  Andy porter .  Peter Swann .  Phil sproson .   Tommy Mc clarern .  Ray walker. . I remember all of them . That vale team. gave everything for playing for port vale . And they were proud .   I do hope vale can win a Exeter

25 minutes ago, Vale at home said:

I so do agree .   We have had some Brilliant plays.   Guppy.  Andy porter .  Peter Swann .  Phil sproson .   Tommy Mc clarern .  Ray walker. . I remember all of them . That vale team. gave everything for playing for port vale . And they were proud .   I do hope vale can win a Exeter

Yes of course so do I 

A draw will do unless Sutton win by 7 and it will seem just as big as a win.

I am sure after the last 3 results just getting in the Playoffs will give the Players such a lift and they can then show everybody what they can really play like.

UTV

2 hours ago, darren1810 said:

Before the days of phones. 1993 Blackpool away. We were losing 2-1 at Blackpool a murmuring went round our end that Preston were winning at Bolton.

Vale went berserk and won 4-2,  couple  of pitch invasions, only to find out John McGinley had scored in a 1-0 Bolton win.

Missed promotion and then the West Brom Wembley game followed. 

Talk about pee on our chips. 

I was there for that, had the same despondent hang over that I have had since Brizzle game. Why do we do it……..

38 minutes ago, JSValiant said:

Yes of course so do I 

A draw will do unless Sutton win by 7 and it will seem just as big as a win.

I am sure after the last 3 results just getting in the Playoffs will give the Players such a lift and they can then show everybody what they can really play like.

UTV

Don’t bank on it 

12 minutes ago, jeffers said:

I was there for that, had the same despondent hang over that I have had since Brizzle game. Why do we do it……..

We are bonkers !!!

Or you live for those special moments we get occasionally.

Fleetwood away 5-2, Rotherham 6-2, Orient 3-2 this season, Burton this season. Mansfield 2-1 when we were heading out the League.

We don't get many moments do we but they are great when we do. 

Was at Blackpool when we won firstly what a performance full of vigour class and skill and full of bull folk spreading rumours that Bolton were losing .
You have to put things into perspective if we had lost 4 out of last 23 games one here one there and put our fans through it that way there be no moaning no selling tickets on and no anxiety going into this weekends game .
We have lost 3 in a row though everyone I speak to followers of other teams are saying looks like you have blown it (happily in some cases and of course there going be joyous if they support a side who hates us ).
So without sounding like a broken record show some pride in the shirt Vale players the second goal nobody was busting a gut stop the shot going in for Newport .
We may have created by the end of the season the very worst ending to a season ever .
People can talk about being relegated is bad but when we got relegated I didn't feel as angry as what I did Mon evening .
Only a draw or win will satisfy me this sat nothing less .

4 minutes ago, Breadwinner said:

People can talk about being relegated is bad but when we got relegated I didn't feel as angry as what I did Mon evening .
Only a draw or win will satisfy me this sat nothing less .

They have to KO with belief in their minds and repeat one of their good displays.

5 hours ago, valefan16 said:

Anyone driving down got any idea's what they are planning for parking? Looks a bit of a mess, wondering if the Park and Ride may be a good option?

If you’re just looking for a quiet place to park, walk to the ground, walk back and go home then look around Stoke Hill - ten minute walk to the ground (you’ll be surrounded by Exeter fans though). The Stoke Arms at the top of the hill is an OK pub, the roads are resident permit only but that doesn’t apply on Saturdays so you’ll be fine. Walk down Old Tiverton Road to the ground, you’ll need to go past the first entrance where the Exeter fans will go, then turn right into St James Road where the away end is.

If you’re the designated driver in a group of lads looking to get wasted and act the <ovf censored> then you need to park in the city centre, but avoid the Duke of York on Sidwell Street. It’s a capacity crowd so there will no doubt be some Exeter nobheads bouncing around somewhere if any of your lot want to get aggressive, but I imagine you’ll have to start the aggro as we’ll all be dancing to Russ Abbot’s Atmosphere the whole weekend. Hopefully we get the championship and you get the playoffs and we can all be friends at the end.

Safe travels to those of you venturing down to our beautiful city. Really hope to see you all in League 1 next season 👍

Archived