onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Match Thread: Exeter City v Port Vale

Fosse69

24 minutes ago, hamilboy said:

Hello fellow valiants i hope like me you are recovering from that shambles we saw on monday at least 70 mins of football with no passion for the shirt.Players strolling around not caring slipping over like they have skates on a ice rink get the proper studs on in the first place you are supposed to be a professional.Now we have one more chance to even get in the play offs.We have great owners of our club we showed monday that we have got the backing of a fanbase back again we have come together now its time we throw everything at Exeter city on saturday .Myself and the family will be there staying in Torquay from friday to monday hope to see lots of our great fans down the harbour having a few bevvies if it goes pear shaped will somebody stop me from throwing myself in on saturday night.Now i'm going to be controvercial with my team selection here goes: system 4-1-3-2 

Stone

Gibbons                  Smith                     Hall                Jones

Pett

Garrity                                Taylor                      Charsley

Edmondson                       ProctorI

I would bring Wilson on after 70 minutes instead of taking him off every match sorry there is a reason we have not had a penalty all season we have to have more player like Garrity and Charsley who are bursting a gut to get in where it hurts.Sorry if i offended the Wilson lovers but as Elvis says its Now or Never.

I think it is time for change, thats not a bad shout. Exeter are a good side and may play straight through us. We need an early goal and be positive. Hope we turn up otherwise you may not be the only one in need of rescue sir! keep the faith UTV (he says...)

Advert

3 hours ago, Howjy04 said:

I posted on the Newport thread.We have one of the best away records in League 2.Ten wins ,six draws,six defeats(5 by the odd goal).We  are well capable of getting something on Saturday .Surprise ,surprise,Bristol Rovers appealing C**ts sending off.Barton was heard saying apparently  “ Even though he is a nasty  little tawt ,he’s not outdoing me”

Hope his appeal fails and they add another game to his 4 game ban.

June 23rd when the fixtures are announced for next season. Hopefully Barton gets sent down on the same day

52 minutes ago, mr.hobblesworth said:

Not sure why we persevere with playing a clearly out-of-form Wilson in the first XI from the off. I like him but sometimes you need to admit that things aren't currently working for some players.

And start who?

Amoo? 

Which players are actually in form?

Wilson set the goal up and did a lovely bit of skill that could have ended in a goal 

Proctor did nowt. Nor did Harratt when he came on.

1 minute ago, DazFred said:

And start who?

Amoo? 

Which players are actually in form?

Wilson set the goal up and did a lovely bit of skill that could have ended in a goal 

Proctor did nowt. Nor did Harratt when he came on.

You're right, Wilson's performance was head & shoulders above Proctor (who IMO had a poor match) on Monday.  Amoo made little impact when he came on and I agree, Harratt didn't contribute much in the time he was on the field.

I know people keep going on about a lack of passion and effort but I really don’t see it. Lack of quality yes. Garrity, Pett and Charsley are all very workmanlike but can’t find a defence splitting pass. 
Earlier in the season we were flying with Conlon in there. When he got injured we really struggled until we put Brad Walker in there and his range of passing was key to our recent run. Unfortunately he got injured at just the wrong time and we’ve not won a game since he last started.

I fear unless he returns we won’t have enough to win the playoffs should we get there. Is there any news at all if he’s out for the season?🤔

My team after horror first half showing v Newport .

Covalan 

Gibbons  Martin Hall 

Cooper Pett Garrity Charsley 

Taylor

Wilson Edmondson .

Out go all the players who are completely out of form and are just not good enough on present form .

In come some hungry hopefully wanting to do the Vale proud  professionals maybe Cooper can beat a man .

Proctor needs be benched for sure .

Feel free disagree 

UTV 

13 minutes ago, jjvale_03 said:

I think we might get hammered on Saturday but still finish in the play offs because of other results 'going for us'.

Then a huge mental reset is needed from players and fans.

I think you are wrong Northampton who in two games v us created  chances (one in each )home and away had loads of decent situations v Exeter last week .

We will win sat just do not play players who either have a contract lined up elsewhere ,know there contract is up and will no longer play for Vale as it will not be renewed and players who are already on there holidays .

UTV 

2 hours ago, onestepatatime said:

Incidently does anyone know how many seats we have sold for the live broadcast at Vale?

1500 that was the day before the game mon though 

Some stoke fan has been urging some Stoke fans come to cause trouble for that beamback game on Oatcake alledgedly wouldn't know myself as do not read there forums .

UTV 

I think we’ve had our chance to go up, falling at the last hurdle with the three losses. You can’t do that and expect promotion. Exeter are a very good side , and by 5pm on Saturday , will be crowned champions.  Swindon will do what we couldn’t, and handily beat Walsall. Sutton , Northampton and Bristol Rovers, who will hammer Scunthorpe, will all win . Then we go again , as Rob Jones used to say , in poxy L2 next season .  That’s the reality. Of course , football isn’t built on reality, but whether through players being burnt out, injuries , Covid, or tactical changes , the fans will be left with “ the hope that kills you”  feeling throughout the summer, and it’s Crawley /Barrow/ away again on a freezing cold Tuesday night in January. For a team that lost once in 19 games, what the hell happened? 

4 minutes ago, Houston Valiant said:

I think we’ve had our chance to go up, falling at the last hurdle with the three losses. You can’t do that and expect promotion. Exeter are a very good side , and by 5pm on Saturday , will be crowned champions.  Swindon will do what we couldn’t, and handily beat Walsall. Sutton , Northampton and Bristol Rovers, who will hammer Scunthorpe, will all win . Then we go again , as Rob Jones used to say , in poxy L2 next season .  That’s the reality. Of course , football isn’t built on reality, but whether through players being burnt out, injuries , Covid, or tactical changes , the fans will be left with “ the hope that kills you”  feeling throughout the summer, and it’s Crawley /Barrow/ away again on a freezing cold Tuesday night in January. For a team that lost once in 19 games, what the hell happened? 

That's how I felt after Monday on Tuesday also , cannot wait be in a crowd  of 4000 for Crawley Stevenage and Salford come with there massive away  followings .

Buts it Wednesday now I am back to my positive upbeat self Vale win and all the rest do a Vale hopefully .

It's the hope that kills you 

UTV however I will still be getting  season ticket whatever league we are in .

Just hope theres lots of passion on the  pitch last game from Vale players collectively not 3 of them all 11 of them. 

22 minutes ago, Houston Valiant said:

Agree with everything that you have said, but as the old saying goes “football is a funny old game”. I believe there is a twist to the saga on Saturday……….😱

Archived