• OVF player sponsorship 2022

£10 to enter. More details and a link to donate can be found here

Match Thread: Bradford City v Port Vale

Yep, Songo definitely instigating as the ball came in, then Proctor had a handful of Songo's shirt.  Hard to see if Proctor had an arm around Songo to pull him off balance before he fell.
image.png.d322a2b147ee0eb603e747dd05e4205a.png image.png.0c265b8890a78c59b184763aaaf2edac.pngimage.png.7b5b6ef6d770f152b4ea8d44ff0d0844.png
Also love that just after that Proctor was literally pushing Ben G to get up and support the attack.
image.png.6785099357203069024015b68864a814.png

That's the thing that boils my piss about refereeing standards these days. 99 refs out of a hundred, having ignored the initial assault on Proctor, would have then blown up against Proctor when he gave it back. That lack of consistency really irritates me. That, and fouls given for the GK when he gets anywhere near an outfield player (even his own, as we've seen a few times this season, most notably on Tuesday and against Sunderland in the cup)

Advert:

11 hours ago, Bycarsbill said:

That's my best estimate for this season. We do of course, have potentially 30 points up for grabs, but even our fantastic run over the last 13 matches has netted us a tad under 2 points per game, so it's going to take a brilliant effort to take us above 79 points.  However, the dream of automatic promotion is still on if other results go our way! Come on you Vale. 

I agree - but we weren't on the same form at the start of this recent run, and too many draws brought the 2 points per game target down. If we were now to go on a run of wins. like we did last season, 21 - 24 points would be very handy. And, of course, every time a team above us drops points it helps us! I'm quite enjoying this catching up from mid-table, rather than the nerve-wracking trying/hoping to hold onto a place!

• Like 1

11 hours ago, philmpv said:

Surely Ben Garrity has to win player of the season. Probably our most (on paper and in light of the Oldham fans thoughts of him) underwhelming signing of the summer. Guy is an absolute midfield goal machine. Note to Michael Brown and Neil Aspin - this is what happens when you don't rely on a midfield duo of Danny Pugh and Michael Tonge emoji38.png

I agree Garrity is a huge shout for Player of the season - but that pairing of Wilson and Proctor has just about everything - they won't score a shedload of goals, but they create for the team, as we've seen with BG! They're skillful (especially Willo)  and strong (especially Procs) and have a sharp eye for a pass. Best partnership I've seen since Nippy and Tin!

• Like 2

Posted (edited)

Morning all.

Sadly, didn't get to see the match at the weekend; anyone know if there is anywhere where the whole match is available as a download or to stream as a catch up type thing...??

Would love to watch the whole match if I could.

Ta

Edited by Osh

The Crawley game, I was sat chatting to the person next to me and I said that I wondered if Garrity needed to be dropped. I now realise that his form dipped because he had to drop deeper in the 3-4-3 and creative passing from deep is not his game.

In the 3-5-2 he gets to play much further forward and his running power and fitness has to be the best in the division. He is often ahead of the strikers, which is why he's picked up so many goals.

I also realise that to be a very good player, you don't necessarily need the technical ability of a Conlon or the skill of a Willo. If you have the power, fitness and running brain of a Garrity you're actually a better footballer than those with more ability. What a player he has turned out to be and such enthusiasm.

Sent from my SM-A920F using onevalefan mobile app

• Like 7

Advert:

2 hours ago, Osh said:

Morning all.

Sadly, didn't get to see the match at the weekend; anyone know if there is anywhere where the whole match is available as a download or to stream as a catch up type thing...??

Would love to watch the whole match if I could.

Ta

It's available on the club website on I follow.

16 hours ago, LancyTony said:

I agree - but we weren't on the same form at the start of this recent run, and too many draws brought the 2 points per game target down. If we were now to go on a run of wins. like we did last season, 21 - 24 points would be very handy. And, of course, every time a team above us drops points it helps us! I'm quite enjoying this catching up from mid-table, rather than the nerve-wracking trying/hoping to hold onto a place!

Absolutely spot-on.  It's going to be a nerve-tingling, intriguing and exciting end to the season that's for sure!

• Like 1

On 20/03/2022 at 08:32, Conrad said:

There’s quite a few 6 pointers coming up though, and not just involving the vale, so the total points needed could be quite low, as long as we win most of our games.

Yep, that's why I said the automatic position dream is still a possiblility, if not necessarily a reality.  Let's keep that dream alive starting with a win tomorrow in another 6-pointer against Exeter--come on you Vale!

20 hours ago, philmpv said:
21 hours ago, Quebec_Valiant said:
Yep, Songo definitely instigating as the ball came in, then Proctor had a handful of Songo's shirt.  Hard to see if Proctor had an arm around Songo to pull him off balance before he fell.
image.png.d322a2b147ee0eb603e747dd05e4205a.png image.png.0c265b8890a78c59b184763aaaf2edac.pngimage.png.7b5b6ef6d770f152b4ea8d44ff0d0844.png
Also love that just after that Proctor was literally pushing Ben G to get up and support the attack.
image.png.6785099357203069024015b68864a814.png

That's the thing that boils my piss about refereeing standards these days. 99 refs out of a hundred, having ignored the initial assault on Proctor, would have then blown up against Proctor when he gave it back. That lack of consistency really irritates me. That, and fouls given for the GK when he gets anywhere near an outfield player (even his own, as we've seen a few times this season, most notably on Tuesday and against Sunderland in the cup)

I was really impressed (if not a bit surprised) by the ref on this one--Songo definitely started the shirt-pulling & wrestling and Proctor then finished it off in fine style.  Definitely six of one and half a dozen of the other--well done that ref.

Advert: