onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Match Thread: FLT R2 Rotherham United v Port Vale

Fosse69

25 minutes ago, toyahw said:

No way should Gibbo or Worrall play.  Maybe keep Martin and Johnson in. They've not had many minutes this season. Same with Walker.  Get Leggey back in for some minutes.  Smithy probably hasn't got enough sleep. Jones and Benning. who didn't play Sat (other than sub)? Maybe even Conlon after his rest Sat? Assuming we play five at the back something like

Cov

Jones Martin Legge Johnson Benning

Walker Garrity Conlon

Rodders Politic

(assuming none of the injured will be available)

Jones' confidence is completely shot at the moment, not sure playing him right wing back would help him.

Advert

1 minute ago, PV1973 said:

Bit over the top that. Confidence completely shot after one bad game? He looked alright yesterday. 

Not one bad game for me, the Bradford game as well as Walsall, he was miles off it and if Martin had played like that, imagine some of the stick he would have received on here.  I am a big fan of Jones and he will play an important part througout the season but for me for around a month he has been struggling.  

We can watch this on ifollow .

Will be tuning in hope the squad players stake there claim to be in team for Saturdays F.A cup encounter .

I feel we could easily win both of these games this week as we have a squad of players who can net and while you have that anything is possible as goals give confidence 

Good luck to the Vale embrace these games against excellent league one opposition. 

UTV 

With having no strikers, I might be tempted to play 541, at least at the start.

Try and shut up shop. Grab a goal from a dead ball situation or win on penoes. Something like:

Stone

Cass.      Martin.        Legge.         Johnson.        Amos

Walker

Garrity.                       Burgess

Taylor 

Amoo

Or something like that?

Gets a bit of match fitness into some legs. Reduces the risk of injuries in others.

Think that this is an extremely difficult match.

Would be focusing on try to get to 3rd round of F A Cup and a potentially big money game than risking 1st team players.

Bare in mind we have a league fixture next Tuesday as well.

Also, I didn’t think that it looked a bad side!

24 minutes ago, Diego Maradona said:

With having no strikers, I might be tempted to play 541, at least at the start.

Try and shut up shop. Grab a goal from a dead ball situation or win on penoes. Something like:

Stone

Cass.      Martin.        Legge.         Johnson.        Amos

Walker

Garrity.                       Burgess

Taylor 

Amoo

Or something like that?

Not a bad shout.  To some extent it’s who we dare we risk, Garrity and Amoo maybe Conlon?  I’d give Rod some more minutes.

20 hours ago, Brian said:

Jones had a shocker against Walsall and got dropped. Came on yesterday, and injected some much needed energy. 

Good attitude. He’ll do for me

He did well when he came on especially as pretty much his first taste of action was to take a throw in which he proceeded to throw straight out.

Maybe completely left field and an odd shout here, but has Walker ever played / can he play at CB? If we’re going to stick with 352 every game (which it seems we will) I can’t help but think our extra defender is usually wasted, someone like Johnson pushing forwards. I think Walker is a great player with a range of passing but don’t think we could leave out Pett, Conlon or garrity. No idea if he could fit in at CB in a back 3 but something I think could work. 

Change it as much as we can for tomorrow, not fussed with the result, hope to maybe see some of the young lads get a go off the bench 

Archived