Transfer rumours, targets & new signings

14 minutes ago, philmpv said:
17 minutes ago, werstayinup said:
I remember watching now i cant remember if it was Randy Samuel or Stephane pounewatchy play on trial in a reserve game at vale and they had a blinder and got signed up but then did nowt

If it was big Randy I recall him scoring in front of the bycars on either his debut or home debut?

I remember that!

Vs Watford

Randy Samuel!!!!!

• Like 1

Advert:

• Replies 2.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

It’s painfully clear that a few posters have had their nose put out of joint because they know the Askeys or the surrounding families and had a nice link into what was going on at the vale. Calli

Hello everyone. Just a polite reminder: This is a thread about rumours. By definition, rumours aren't proven facts so bear that in mind when reading some of the suggestions. With r

f*** sake lads, I'd rather have the excitement of this all going to plan (with the inherent risk of failure that comes with it) and making memories with my Dad, then the same old sh!te I've had for 19

Posted Images

12 minutes ago, valeparklife said:

We had Gareth Evans on trial who went on to have a good career (85 goals/483 apps) playing for the likes of Portsmouth, Bradford and Rotherham

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gareth_Evans_(footballer,_born_1988)

Remember him playing (and scoring?) in the friendly at Newcastle Town.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, philmpv said:

He did. Looked quality as well. That said, weren't Mills and Fitzpatrick also?

I thought Conlon started by training with us because he was local and didn't have a a club after Stevenage released him.

• Like 1

Advert:

3 hours ago, wotsyobeef said:

I don't think it is unprofessional to give people a trial. Surely if you are thinking of taking a punt on a player from much lower down the pyramid it is more professional to have them in on a trial having watched a couple of games than to make the decision purely on a couple of games and scouting reports.

You can identify someone and decide to take a better look in a trial. The problem is when you are depending on multiple trialists being good enough to complete your squad.

The previous owner  was really professional about his signings , gosh what a to55 er.

13 hours ago, The man in the pub said:

Is the knack spotting a player who will become that 20 goal a season striker. I believe Rodney can be that player with the right coaching. Whereas fans are clammering for more signings I think one thing all fans can agree on is we already have enough coaches.

Thankfully, it isn't up to the fans to decide when we have enough coaches!

• Like 1

Advert:

The ifollow season pass came up for renewal about a week ago. Of course I did it. But not with much "buzz" to be honest. More, habit. That's a 150 quid in the club's coffers from me.

Edited by toyahw