onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Transfer rumours, targets & new signings

Doha

2 hours ago, The French Connection said:

I wondered if Vale got an option to buy in the loan deal?  If he does well it would be a shame to lose him. 

Politic has gone to a higher level league - Serie B with Cremonese. They have won their last 4 games, sit 5th in the table and are pushing for promotion. Our new signing Joel Cooper has to prove he can step out of NI football and play regularly at League 2 level creating chances and scoring goals.  

Advert

2 hours ago, valeparklife said:

Stone has always looked a pretty competent keeper whenever I've seen him?

Am I missing a howler he's had or something? Why is everyone thinking he will be released?

Covolan has looked a good goalkeeper in the second half of the first half of the season. But then madness descended and that was a big loss to Swindon. I thought we got massacred first half but could have been miraculously level at half time when a regroup might have seen us win it. 

Stone looks very professional for me, but I have not seen him much to form a good opinion. I didn't object to his being between the sticks so far. 

The signing of Holy is bringing in a keeper who has played a lot of games at the higher League 1 level. He has surely been brought into play and not sit on the bench which is what he's been doing at Ipswich in 2021/22 after playing regularly in 2020/21. I am hoping he will significantly improve our defence in the air on free kicks and corners. 

Does this mean one of our keepers is moving on? With age rule its a precious place taken up to have three keepers?

6 hours ago, Warren said:

Covolan has looked a good goalkeeper in the second half of the first half of the season. But then madness descended and that was a big loss to Swindon. I thought we got massacred first half but could have been miraculously level at half time when a regroup might have seen us win it. 

Stone looks very professional for me, but I have not seen him much to form a good opinion. I didn't object to his being between the sticks so far. 

The signing of Holy is bringing in a keeper who has played a lot of games at the higher League 1 level. He has surely been brought into play and not sit on the bench which is what he's been doing at Ipswich in 2021/22 after playing regularly in 2020/21. I am hoping he will significantly improve our defence in the air on free kicks and corners. 

Does this mean one of our keepers is moving on? With age rule its a precious place taken up to have three keepers?

I’m pretty sure keepers don’t count towards the squad limit.

10 hours ago, LancyTony said:

Covolan has been fine, mostly, and Stone has been, too...but I thought he was a bit iffy against Brentford - although, fair play, he made a couple of double saves but I thought his distribution was poor?

Covolan has been absolutely fine up until that insane moment. Stone was very iffy against Brentford but in the main has been fine. 

To be fair I would of been fine in goal at Orient, both teams could of played without a keeper and it would still of been 0-0. 

I'm quite bemused myself by the Holy signing particularly having not bothered with a sub for 2 games it obviously wasn't seen as urgent or we'd surely of got one in immediately after Swindon. 

Covolan has been absolutely fine up until that insane moment. Stone was very iffy against Brentford but in the main has been fine. 
To be fair I would of been fine in goal at Orient, both teams could of played without a keeper and it would still of been 0-0. 
I'm quite bemused myself by the Holy signing particularly having not bothered with a sub for 2 games it obviously wasn't seen as urgent or we'd surely of got one in immediately after Swindon. 
Or we've taken our time getting one that we actually want and can improve us, rather than getting any dodgy bugger just to have one

7 hours ago, Warren said:

Politic has gone to a higher level league - Serie B with Cremonese. They have won their last 4 games, sit 5th in the table and are pushing for promotion. Our new signing Joel Cooper has to prove he can step out of NI football and play regularly at League 2 level creating chances and scoring goals.  

Exactly.  He's not had a chance.  If Vale give him that chance and he does really well, wouldn't it be nice if we had an option to buy at what would be a good price? 

18 minutes ago, capirex said:

Cremonese lost their last match! A 2-1 defeat at Lecce. Politic was an unused substitute.

If they don't go up he'll still be playing in front of paltry crowds next season wishing he was at Hillsborough or Fratton Park in a Vale shirt 

Archived