Match Thread: Port Vale v Morecambe

I think the advantage is in placing the ball a little further from the flag itself gives a clearer run up and opportunity to wrap your foot around the ball to get some bend on it?

Advert:

• Replies 437
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I kinda want Walsall to pick up some points now because they can’t realistically go down, as if they free fall any more there is no chance Dutton will be there for next season, and he’ll end up at Val

Most important signing we can make in my opinion 

Well that makes up for the one they shouldn't have had at their place.

Posted Images

I'm jealous as hell of Morecambe right now.

Small non-league club + gates of sub 2,000 - yet in with a real shout of promotion to L1 this season.

If they can, why can't we?

• Like 2

36 minutes ago, valeparklife said:

Small non-league club + gates of sub 2,000 - yet in with a real shout of promotion to L1 this season.

Yep, done really well. I did think I’m preseason that they were making some decent signings but never thought they would do as well as they have.the glaringly obvious fact is we have no depth. I mean they have Ben Pringle who would walk into our midfield and he can’t get a game and leitch smith is arguably better than what we have. Their over all squad it’s better than ours. 

• Like 1

Yep, done really well. I did think I’m preseason that they were making some decent signings but never thought they would do as well as they have.the glaringly obvious fact is we have no depth. I mean they have Ben Pringle who would walk into our midfield and he can’t get a game and leitch smith is arguably better than what we have. Their over all squad it’s better than ours. 

Pringle maybe 7 or 8 years ago. He’s done nothing for a few years now, think he had bad injuries

45 minutes ago, valefan16 said:

Pringle maybe 7 or 8 years ago. He’s done nothing for a few years now, think he had bad injuries

Ahh that makes sense. Still a decent player at this level. Seems to have been available most of the season too. Which again has not been true of our fringe players. 

Advert:

1 hour ago, valefan16 said:

wearing too many jumpers?🙄

3 hours ago, dantheman said:

Agree with you100%, it's incredible what they've achieved.

4 hours ago, valeparklife said:

Accrington who are a similar size did it too . Thats what you call a good manager who despite very limited resources out performs.

• Like 3

Incredible? If they go then fair enough. Playoff place is also good but I wouldn't exactly say incredible.

Finish 8th? Meh. 

Advert:

I think this game is too soon for lots of changes but i think when we are down to 3 to go i think we will see some different faces in the team...RCG,McKirdy and Pope and maybe even Bailey

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, werstayinup said:

I think this game is too soon for lots of changes but i think when we are down to 3 to go i think we will see some different faces in the team...RCG,McKirdy and Pope and maybe even Bailey

After 5 wins on the bounce you’d be disappointed if you were one of the players dropped. 

I’d add Gibbo to your list of players as well that could feature as the season goes on. 

Edited by PV1973
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, The man in the pub said:

Accrington who are a similar size did it too . Thats what you call a good manager who despite very limited resources out performs.

I agree . Man in the pub . 

• Like 1

Advert:

Although not yet mathematically safe, I’d say that Vale are staying up now, after Colchester losing tonight. Keep it going , DC , and get as many points as you can. I’d expect an unchanged side tomorrow, and Morecambe will know they’re in a game. Vale 2-0 . 

8 hours ago, valeparklife said:

Because we’ve been mismanaged and now we’re on the up and up. Give it a season and the places will be reversed.

We’ll be in League 1 before them.

• Like 1