onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Match Thread: Port Vale v Morecambe

Fosse69

Top half would be sweet considering bottom of the league was more likely 2 months ago. That will be tough with the likes of Stevenage having not lost since 1987 and Carlisle have played about 4 league games.

doable though

Advert

1 hour ago, Danish Valiant said:

When will the thread about the referee for this match open?

Usually after the officials are announced on the Vale site or elsewhere if anyone considers it of interest.  Not usually  of national interest though.

I think the interesting dilemma for Clarke is whether to go hell for leather for the next win and keep a remarkable run going or take a risk with a couple of unforced changes to have a better look at one or two “knocking at the door” players eg a couple out of Guthrie, Taylor, McKirdy. Maybe not v Morecambe but he seems to want to have a look at Burgess at right back as well. One player I wouldn’t be resting is Manny because we really need to see if he can hold up after a proper run of games. 
Is he thinking about signing Mussy or the keeper? Again I’d probably keep the same 11 for Morecambe to chase the six wins and only make one or two changes per game thereafter but I wouldn’t be obsessed with league position at this stage at the expense of finding out a bit more about the wider squad.

23 minutes ago, Valiant62 said:

I think the interesting dilemma for Clarke is whether to go hell for leather for the next win and keep a remarkable run going or take a risk with a couple of unforced changes to have a better look at one or two “knocking at the door” players eg a couple out of Guthrie, Taylor, McKirdy. Maybe not v Morecambe but he seems to want to have a look at Burgess at right back as well. One player I wouldn’t be resting is Manny because we really need to see if he can hold up after a proper run of games. 
Is he thinking about signing Mussy or the keeper? Again I’d probably keep the same 11 for Morecambe to chase the six wins and only make one or two changes per game thereafter but I wouldn’t be obsessed with league position at this stage at the expense of finding out a bit more about the wider squad.

DC`s driving force is winning,  seeing how far the run will go. Should be able to pick "his" players over the remaining games.

It might be my old eyes but when the ball goes out for a throw in every team seems to throw it back in at least ten yards from where it goes out.If you watch Montano i thought he was running down the wing to cross it still the first goal came from  but if you watch any match now and nobody gets pulled up about what on earth is the linesman or ref doing to keep letting this happen.

14 minutes ago, hamilboy said:

It might be my old eyes but when the ball goes out for a throw in every team seems to throw it back in at least ten yards from where it goes out.If you watch Montano i thought he was running down the wing to cross it still the first goal came from  but if you watch any match now and nobody gets pulled up about what on earth is the linesman or ref doing to keep letting this happen.

Glad you brought that up. It drives me mental seeing players steal 10 yards at every throw-in. Another thing is, why are players allowed to walk away with the ball, or kick it away, when it's a free-kick to the opposition? Players were booked for that before. Finally, and now I'm being pedantic, players putting the ball outside the corner arc, with the liner saying nothing to them. Ok , back to the match. Vale to win 2-0 , after an almighty battle. 

Glad you brought that up. It drives me mental seeing players steal 10 yards at every throw-in. Another thing is, why are players allowed to walk away with the ball, or kick it away, when it's a free-kick to the opposition? Players were booked for that before. Finally, and now I'm being pedantic, players putting the ball outside the corner arc, with the liner saying nothing to them. 
I think now that only the tiniest portion of the ball has to be touching the arc, so every team seems to do it. I personally don't see what advantage it gains but what do I know!

3 minutes ago, Houston Valiant said:

Glad you brought that up. It drives me mental seeing players steal 10 yards at every throw-in. Another thing is, why are players allowed to walk away with the ball, or kick it away, when it's a free-kick to the opposition? Players were booked for that before. Finally, and now I'm being pedantic, players putting the ball outside the corner arc, with the liner saying nothing to them. Ok , back to the match. Vale to win 2-0 , after an almighty battle. 

I haven't noticed any player put the ball outside the corner arc (and I always look). As long as a part of the ball (even a millimetre) is overhanging the line it's in.

50 minutes ago, EricHamesis said:

I haven't noticed any player put the ball outside the corner arc (and I always look). As long as a part of the ball (even a millimetre) is overhanging the line it's in.

Yes, bonkers changes to the corner kick over recent years - inside / touching/ overhanging the arc.  If you need to move the ball 3 inches close4 to reach you shouldn’t be taking them!

Would be clearer for all if they just made it a bit bigger and went back to it must be inside.

Clearer for fans and officials, who could see this from a distance.  If they take them from the side opposite the liners then no one checks that closely

On 06/04/2021 at 20:14, Houston Valiant said:

THANK YOU! Finally someone brought it up! 
It's driving me absolutely BARMY, that players are allowed to walk away with the ball or kick it away etc. Here in Denmark, you're allowed ONE of those, as long as it's not to blatant. Then the yellow cards starts coming and the players stop it right away. In some matches, then don't even try it, as they know it'll cost them a yellow.

Looking forwards to the game ,we are confident now and let's face it we have a team full of players who can score last five games Conlon ,Rodney Rodney ,Conlon Smith Worrall Robinson Worrall Guthrie so 7 different scorers there Brisleys hit the bar v Colchester ,Legge always looks like he is going head one in ,Montano will score soon he as that wow factor about him ,Oyeleke well capable of a give and go and slam home ,Even Joycey has a pop occassionally .

Just feel that Guthries contribution has being immense from the bench so wheres that leave Popey not in the match squads I've noticed.

Even Cullen did a lot of good work along with Jake Taylor when he entered the fray monday ,I think it's going be hard for Popey get back in .

Really hope we can make it 6 in a row we certainly looking a stronger outfit these days. 

As for Morecambe they have done terrifically well and over the years have left here with a 4-0 resounding win and a 1-0 the other year where there goalie played a blinder .

So like all games we will have to earn the right win the game I'd be tempted make one change Guthrie for Rodney and bring Rodney on to hopefully expose them in second half regularly. 

Good luck to the Vale whatever happens ive enjoyed the last 5 performances ,all wins brilliant that .

Archived