Who to sign for next season?

rayzer

30 minutes ago, valefan16 said:

Benning would be ok to replace Monty if he’s released.

The thing with Mansfield though... they spend loads year and year but always seem very meh.

Flitcroft links maybe to look at Dom Telford as an option?

Yes but Benning isn't a big money flop he's been there and got the t-shirt since 2015 before Mansfield started chucking money at it 

Sorry to upset the Monty fans but he's definitely an upgrade on him. Possibly needs a new challenge. 

An actual real left back , unbelievable jeff

Advert:

2 hours ago, valefan16 said:

Benning would be ok to replace Monty if he’s released.

The thing with Mansfield though... they spend loads year and year but always seem very meh.

Flitcroft links maybe to look at Dom Telford as an option?

Not sure what Dom Telford could bring to us. He doesn’t play many minutes for any club he seems to play for. Always used as a bit part player for me. 
maybe that could change In league 2 and he could well be a decent player? 

Edited by sandyford_valiant
  • Like 1

Advert:

Just watching Sgorio and there's a young striker playing for Newtown who looks quality! Rapid and appears to be a proper poacher. Lifumpa Mwandwe. Obviously he's playing in a crap league, but at his age (20, wouldn't count towards the squad cap and looks a real prospect

Advert:

13 hours ago, 1 said:

Can a mix of Vale, Mansfield and Carlisle players win league 2, with the odd Walsall poach. I wonder.

Brown

Gibbons Smith Sweeney Benning 

Worrall Guy Conlon Taylor 

Rodney Gordon 

That's just me messing around I don't fancy Gordon much, we can do better than him 

Advert:

Don't really care where they've played before, this time around. We now have a setup in place, which means we will do our due diligence and sign players the right way. Not just the managers mates. I'm actually well and proper excited for this summer, as I'm sure we'll see many surprises both going out and coming in. Either way, I'm there August 7th, no matter where in the country (covid allowing), cheering on the boys!

Edited by Danish Valiant
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, geoff1 said:

we need a midfielder who can collect a ball cleanly and then smack it 45yds over the keeper into the back of the net! oh wait a minute, weve got one,  superb stuff.😆😉☺️:drink:

Ask Aspin to find another, although some players take a couple of seasons to blossom.

5 hours ago, werstayinup said:

The biggest signing for me would be to get Conlon to sign a 2yr deal on top of his current 1yr one and build the team around him for a promotion push next season

Conlon, Worrall extension and Rodney has 2 years after this one, then commit to a holding midfielder and centre half who are decent league 2 players on 3 years each. Then get on with replacing the others we obviously need to replace.

Proper wingers, proper fullback to compliment Gibbo.

sounds like a lot but this off-season is the time to do it.

Edited by 1
  • Like 2