Match Thread: Scunthorpe United v Port Vale

2 hours ago, Conrad said:

Why would we deregister a player when there is absolutely no need to, then have to keep paying him knowing he won’t be able to play even if we needed him to.

with respect I think I would believe the manager when he says Legge hasn’t been deregistered over what you say.

You trust the manager, you know best

• Replies 626
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

There was absolutely no need to call carol a bitch. That's shameful on your part

I feel desperately desperately sorry for Carol 

Don’t see why we sacked Askey to not appoint anyone. I honestly think we’d have done better with him still in charge.

Posted Images

5 minutes ago, Sandyford_Lion said:

My worry are the owners. Hope they dont give in.

They have started and not they must continue. That is a must for a new manager now.

As for the players WOW massive job to sort them out

The worst case scenario is that paying over £5M to Smurthwaite, potential loss of £1M this season and more next may force the Shanahan's to call time. I don't see it as they are astute and will have a business model.

They need to arrest the slide on the pitch NOW. If this means Horton or Adams so be it as a consultant or whatever.

There have been and it still looks like there are cliques and issues within both the playing and coaching side.

It is a pity there aren't 5K Vale fans venting their frustrations as they would have from the Kings Lynn game onwards.

6 minutes ago, PVFC_4_EVA said:

I said before. I don’t think Taylor suits a 2 man centre midfield. He thrived under Asksy when playing in a 3 but I probably shouldn’t say anything positive about Askey in case I get abused.

He played in a three on Sat. Well i say played, dont think he did really.

Scunthorpe  ommentators said could not see where Taylor could play for them. They were happy tonight to see him in a two and they were right. He was awful.

Criticise Joyce all we want but he did more than Taylor

Advert:

1 hour ago, TJHValiant said:

Nobody sincerely thought, “yeah let’s get rid of Askey, Pugh will be better”. 

According to Carol Tom and the boys did, and they are all happy now.  After all just look how we have torn the mighty Grimsby to bits in his first game!

Said I wouldn't pay to watch again but i did. It is so very depressing watching this month after month, year after year. We all love the club and that's why we continue to support the club financially, i just hope we turn this proverbial corner. A difficult night to say the least, we are crying out for some professionalism. Carol now needs to act to bring in a manager who can stop this freefall as soon as possible. The reality is non league football beckons. to be fair it has been coming for the last 3 seasons.  So sad to see we are in this position.

• Like 5

Advert:

With terrible results and fans ranting on social media, it's starting to feel toxic at Vale again. Obviously fans can say what they want and have an opinion but it's the personal ones and the abusive ones I see that makes me cringe. Calling out Carol for helping out struggling families because your team lost is not the right way to go 

I don't blame Carol for this though , a disaster of a summer recruitment and a pandemic has certainly been a massive factor. 

My main worry is I can't see where the next win is gonna come. I have a horrible feeling its gonna go down to the last game of the season. 

Sooner this season ends the better. Relegation would be a massive financial disaster and would be heartbreaking for Vale fans. 

For god sake lads , wear your shirt with some pride and at least fight for it. 

Edited by boslemportvale91
  • Like 2

53 minutes ago, TJHValiant said:

Not at all. I donate to Save the Children each month and have also donated to Carol’s charity, The Hubb Foundation. 

What I do feel very wary of, is the club and club operations being dragged into a charity that should be run as a separate entity. 

If as you suggest, we should pay an experienced manager instead of feeding starving kids, then yes we damn well should. We are a pro football club, not UNICEF. 

I donate to feed kids by my own means. However I support a football club to entertain me and win games. We are not doing that...which really makes us a bit pointless. 

C00DF30F-988D-448B-BC13-598FD6099568.jpeg

22 minutes ago, Powerline said:

I don’t really know what it’s supposed to mean. But it’s not very professional for a player who until recently was club captain to be posting mysterious GIF tweets after another dreadful performance. Just makes the club more of a joke.

I wondered what it was supposed to mean. Is he saying what could you expect with Sinclair in charge? I heard a rumour that there'd been an altercation between them. 

The National League is our only hope, some teams have 28-29 games left.

If they cease we then have to hope it is just scrubbed with no relegation or promotion.

Knowing our luck they’d do PPG now!

Grimsby are dire... but we need to somehow put a 12 point gap on Southend at the weekend.

Advert: