onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Match Thread: Port Vale v Walsall

Fosse69

Advert

16 hours ago, boslemportvale91 said:

Excuse me ? I don't have twitter nor do I use this page for rumours? I jus use this forum to talk to other fans about the vale ? 

I was getting at the people on this here forum who do exactly that - make up rumours and "news" / "facts"!!!

3 hours ago, pensioner said:

Joe - My BIG fear is that if they don't dispel this rumour with a creditable response then the EFL/FA might get involved as they may see this story as bringing the Game Into Disrepute ...... And we all know how they love to turn the screw where the Vale are concerned. Sweeping it under the carpet will not make it go away when everyone should be socially distancing. Look how the fines are increasing for house parties !  Some one out there is going to be made an example of and God forbid its the Vale. 

So when Pope or Smith etc is wrestled to the ground as in matches numerous times this season is that not bringing the game into dispute? It was an ill conceived idea if the rugby game was true but lets not blow this out of all proportion.

16 hours ago, Doha said:

Do you ever let up with the holier than thou anti-OVF moaning crap? 

Do you not see anything ironic in a poster moaning about people on Twitter spreading rumours and making up "news"/"facts"? Also - "fact" may be unpalatable, but it can't be crap...just true. Maybe you should take your head out of your arse and stop bitching at other people when you do your own fair share of it? 

4 hours ago, pensioner said:

Normally Not, however we are in strange time now and the guidelines from the FA, EFL and Government stipulate that full contact between people should be reduced to the absolute minimum needed. So much so that they have come out and said that Goal celebrations should be curtailed or at least muted to something like that shown recently by the Leicester players. How can playing rugby be showing adherence to those guidelines. If it is true that the Vale players were instructed to allow full on player to player contact then this surely brings the Vale into breach of the guidlines ?  Surely the club would wish to distance itself from such rumours that, to those outside football, bring both the club and football in general in breach of the current guidlines. Or are we still in the Old Regime of sweeping everything rotten under the carpet.

Thank goodness we havent already got any Covid cases in the club. Oh ye.... 🙄

Re. Rugby, I have in the far distant past read an autobiography from a retired Premier league star, I can't remember his name, I have read and given away so many, but I do recollect that one of the teams he played for played a form of touch rugby which was designed to encourage speed of thought and to improve positioning.

Now, not being there and not seeing what happened then it's not possible to comment, but I doubt that it would be a full out gumshield  type of activity, injuries happen all the time in training and I'm hoping that this was the case here.

At least I would hope so.

3 minutes ago, blackdog said:

Re. Rugby, I have in the far distant past read an autobiography from a retired Premier league star, I can't remember his name, I have read and given away so many, but I do recollect that one of the teams he played for played a form of touch rugby which was designed to encourage speed of thought and to improve positioning.

Now, not being there and not seeing what happened then it's not possible to comment, but I doubt that it would be a full out gumshield  type of activity, injuries happen all the time in training and I'm hoping that this was the case here.

At least I would hope so.

A lot of sports do it to break from the norm.  

We've often heard of England cricketers injured playing football. 

58 minutes ago, LancyTony said:

I was getting at the people on this here forum who do exactly that - make up rumours and "news" / "facts"!!!

If this Forum is so bad why bother using it ?

Also the difference between twitter and a fans forum is night and day.

Twitter is and can be a dangerous place, there's a reason why people are petitioning it to be verified accounts because of the bots and trolls that cause damage and send vile comments to other people. I also think the mods do a excellent at keeping this page ran properly, can't block all the village idiots though. 

It's also a lot easier to see something on social media which can be shared around millions of people rather than a league 2 team fans forum

19 minutes ago, Vale1995 said:

Hes played it down to not make us look bad, again the words i got were 'smashing eachother' he was never going to come out and say that they were doing that tho was he

Smashing each other can be mean many different things.... its a bit like the Pope explanation about the bus incident back from Mansfield.

To be fair I'd love to have a crack at half that squad playing rugby. I would smash a few of them myself to try and toughen them up.. too many lightweights underperforming not mentally strong enough. 

Just now, MBE said:

Smashing each other can be mean many different things.... its a bit like the Pope explanation about the bus incident back from Mansfield.

To be fair I'd love to have a crack at half that squad playing rugby. I would smash a few of them myself to try and toughen them up.. too many lightweights underperforming not mentally strong enough. 

The question the sentinel should of asked is who has picked up knocks in training yesterday. 

Archived