Match Thread: Port Vale v Walsall

Surely once one was injured common sense would say ok let’s stop this? If so why did it carry on!

Let’s hope they are just knocks that won’t affect the selection Saturday but regardless if true this is an absolute <ovf censored> show.

• Like 1

Advert:

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Very telling words  I'd really really really love to know why there was neither a minutes silence or a minute applause for the very sad loss of one of our own Charlie and a superb player from our

I'll make some fairly controversial comments here.  We're being let down by the entire club, at present. There is a complete abandonment of anyone to take a decision and sort this chaos out. We'r

Here is the issue. £1m loss due to the pandemic. I accept that. I can accept what she said in the RS interview about the ramifications of it. I don't accept the excuse that a new manager wou

Posted Images

Maybe we have been practicing rugby all season. That would explain a few things:

1. Why we've been so crap at football.

2. Why we've been constantly inundated with injuries.

3. Why Askey kept referring to "strange goings on".

I'm only half joking but this conspiracy would actually answer a few questions!

11 hours ago, newchapel valiant said:

I am sorry but Carol and Kevin deserve better than this for all they have done for this club and playing staff.

If it is true then whoever is responsible needs getting rid of ASAP. 

Don't let them take the piss Carol get rid, the fans are behind you. 

Ive not said a bad word about frank and never had a problem with him being involved but it was him who took the rugby session 🙂

Advert:

Having played club rugby for 25 years and seen a few  footballers come and go......I'm not surprised there have been injuries especially if they were playing contact. Touch rugby should have been fine, just to liven a session up or as a warm up.......but full contact.........👀.........madness. I'd be interested to know how much experience of rugby whoever took the session had? It's certainly not a game you can just start playing at a whim.......

• Like 4

This needs to be cleared up straightaway because rumours like this are very damaging to the club, though - of course - not so damaging as allowing players to get injured by playing rugby on the training ground.

Is is true or not? If we have any new injuries, the club needs to be asked point blank whether they were as a result of training in this way. And, if it's true, the person responsible should be put on notice and never allowed near training again. If it isn't we can all then rest peacefully in our beds.

Personally, I can't believe this is true but, if it is, it's incompetence and stupidity of the highest order.

• Like 1

Advert:

again, very poor communications from the club, come back max, all is forgiven. cut the crap, make a statement of intent. :bomb::redcard2::drink:

Why would the club need to comment on what at the moment are just internet rumours?
If the commented on every rumour it would need 24/7 updates
  • Like 2

2 minutes ago, osprey said:

Why would the club need to comment on what at the moment are just internet rumours?

Pre-match news usually late afternoon the day before.

10 minutes ago, osprey said:

Normally Not, however we are in strange time now and the guidelines from the FA, EFL and Government stipulate that full contact between people should be reduced to the absolute minimum needed. So much so that they have come out and said that Goal celebrations should be curtailed or at least muted to something like that shown recently by the Leicester players. How can playing rugby be showing adherence to those guidelines. If it is true that the Vale players were instructed to allow full on player to player contact then this surely brings the Vale into breach of the guidlines ?  Surely the club would wish to distance itself from such rumours that, to those outside football, bring both the club and football in general in breach of the current guidlines. Or are we still in the Old Regime of sweeping everything rotten under the carpet.

• Like 1

Advert:

Apparently looking to loan an emergency backup as Visser is injured.

If, as suggested, it's the result of rugby, then those in charge of the session want removing.

• Like 1

I'm becoming more and more convinced a completely fresh set of coaching staff is very important. Everything's a bit messy with the current set up. Overhaul time.

A complete culture reset is needed, and a fresh set of eyes, attitudes, and methods is needed.

Edited by Joe B
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1