Match Thread: Walsall v Port Vale

• Replies 658
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Yeah you being the captain of that club

Glad he's figured that out, in the 11th consecutive game of no clean sheets.

Posted Images

1 minute ago, Nofinikea said:

Ooh.. am I not blocked anymore Joseph? Your forensic analysis of all things Vale is fascinating.

Ffs kid, there are 23 other clubs in this division, they aren't just making the numbers up.

I must have missed you waxing lyrical about Legge being finished during close season.

You were on ignore. I don't know how you've become un-ignored. Back on you go. See you later, matey.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Iron Curtain said:

I think he has to go.

These performances are one thing... but as I said before, there are even more underlying worrying issues.

No plan B... I’m so jealous after watching a manager change things and turn a game on it’s head.

Tactically underwhelming... 433, hit on the break, drop it back to a full back or stand a cross up. That’s it. The end. 

Recruitment... it just hasn’t worked and nothing says he is the man to overhaul this ageing squad.

Defensive instability... I’m choking on my own bike as I say this but the sh*t had one shot on target today in the 6th min. Still closed the game out.

Inevitability of conceding... it’s not nice as a fan to feel so hopeless when you are winning 2-0 at half time!! It should t be like that!

it’s time for him to go I’m afraid... more for the long term concerns than the short term.

I 100% worship Carol... this is a huge test for her. 

Dont be so negative 🤣

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, valiant_593 said:

She was spot on to be fair 

Yes, and it was a bit naughty of me because they’ve been incredible. I feel  sorry for her because it’s unravelled bit time largely through p!ss poor management. 

And to think everyone was celebrating when Smith signed a bumper new contract extension 😤😤😤😤

Advert:

17 minutes ago, blackdog said:

I've got no idea what she's thinking, but my guess is she will stay loyal to Askey at least until the end of the season.

Yep - see her programme notes from the other week (after we'd won at Bolton) -

the sense of togetherness we have fostered at your club, both on and off the pitch, will stand us in good stead.
Building a successful football business...will take time. We will never panic. We will work hard to put things right and support each other

She won't sack him.

Even after such optimism (and expectation? - "we won't finish 8th again") at the start of the season, we now find ourselves the same gap to the bottom 2 as we are to the top 3. This season becomes more of a goner by the game/week.

10 minutes ago, Joe B said:

Morecambe are in 5th place in the league. They get about 1500 fans at peak times. They've probably shifted nowhere near that number of STs.

We're in 16th.

We're told to 'sit tight as there's a pandemic and Askey could not foresee the decline of a 35 year old centre half'.

Let's see where we are in 2025.

Derek Adams is a good manager. Very surprised he ended up there. 

We could do worse.

• Like 1

Advert:

Has Askey done his post match interview yet?

What excuses did he have?

Are the players back in tomorrow for  basic defending training?

What happened at half time.Did they down a bottle of Vodka? 

Askey is very lucky to still be in a job really that freak result at Bolton has kept going for abit longer. I said there wouldn't be many goals in this game I should have remembered how poorly we are defensively. I suggest all week in training they focus on defending situations maybe even ask frank sinclair do a few sessions or see if there's anybody that can come in to help out like heskey did a couple of months ago. If mills is going keep performing this badly then I'd rather us keep clark and legge has been awful for about the last 10 games now. We are too slow at the back and dose off and get punished everytime. We shouldn't need 4 goals to win a match.

Just now, melv said:

Has Askey done his post match interview yet?

What excuses did he have?

Are the players back in tomorrow for  basic defending training?

What happened at half time.Did they down a bottle of Vodka? 

I can tell you what he said before even listening to it 

'we played really well, we just have to keep working at it I thought at times we were in control looked the better team, well have to go again next week'

• Like 3

Just now, Vale1995 said:

I can tell you what he said before even listening to it 

'we played really well, we just have to keep working at it I thought at times we were in control looked the better team, well have to go again next week'

In his annoying monotone voice that makes you want to put your head through a window

Advert:

Gutted, seems like we have to score 6 before Vale can win.

Being saying for ages that defending is the problem, defending starts from the front and involves the whole team, hard work on the training pitch required.

However it seems Leon is coming to the end of his sell by date, he's still commanding in the air but on the ground he's lost any pace he had and can't deal with a tricky, nippy player.  Word gets around and other managers know it. Got to strengthen the center of defense in Jan and also keep Mitch Clarke.

Their 3rd was a worldie and Scrimshaw won't score another goal like that in his career.

Askey in.