Transfer Rumours Pre-Season

Jean .. once a Headmistress always a Headmistress. ... Pull those socks up boy !!!
I think you said the same to Danny Sonner. Lol
Good job Ron 'nutter' Futcher didn't go your school he would never have got out of the naughty corner!!

The above will only mean something to those who have reached a certain age.

Let's hope we all get back inside Vale Park soon and have the opportunity of actually seeing this new squad play.

I am off to watch an FA Cup match tomorrow Leek Town v Sporting Khalsa in the Preliminary qualifying round. 400 capacity being allowed in a 2,000 seater stadium only about 20 tickets left online booking if you fancy watching footie as it should be (whilst keeping an eye on proceedings at Vale Park)

Up the Vale

• Like 1

• Replies 2.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Nothing wrong with getting just a little carried away at the moment,  as long as we all remember that it's The Vale we're talking about. But then again this is the New Vale and it feels amazing,  even

I honestly despair with some Vale fans... Is it bred into our DNA that we have to seek out negativity???? As I'm typing this, we've have just launched the nicest football strip I can remember, desig

Posted Images

So given the McKirdy signing and with a fit Oyeleke how does this look for our strongest starting eleven.....

.............................................................................Brown............................................................................

Gibbons...................................Legge............................................Smith.......................................Montano

......................................Oyeleke...........................Joyce................................Conlon...................................

.........................McKirdy......................................Cullen/Robinson..............................Worrall......................

Obviously the build from the back foundation of the Legge/Smith partnership with Joyce sat infront and Brown between the sticks and up top the rotation of Cullen and Robinson but the key is the left and right triangles of Gibbons/Oyeleke/McKirdy on the right and Montano/Conlon/Worrall on the left.

59 minutes ago, Iron Curtain said:

Exactly right!

There has been lots of talk during the revolution of Askey and Carol taking great care over players approach and attitude. If they have given him the green light, then that's all I need. I back their diligence.

No one has any solid evidence that he disrupts the dressing room over and above a bit of noise in Carlisle where he didnt settle. He is back home now and will give the vale 100% .

Best example we have is that some poster who knows him says he didnt want to be a vale player... the next day he signed. No one knows the truth other than Harry and the management team as to whats been said / agreed / threatened or anything. Again... I back Askeys call on this.

Him looking and acting like a fool on the pitch... I love it, wind up merchants are hated by opposition for a reason.

Someone said it recently, how many of our dropped points would we have kept with McKirdy doing what he does last year... enough to have gotten us in the playoffs I would guess.

Your last paragraph IC. It was me referring to the dark arts , running down the clock and winning free kicks as per Granty. I will repeat I do not mean cheating or rolling around like you've been shot. I mean game management with cute free kicks and nous.

This for me is the signing of the summer by JA. Proper game changer.

He's horrible, winds up opponents and fans, bit of a twonk. 

However he's our horrible twonk now. Welcome on board lad. 

As for haircuts, Robin Van Der laan anybody ? Didn't turn out bad did he 

Really excited about the season now and we have a real opportunity with 4 of the first 6 at home to get some confidence early doors 

Bring it on, I'll even excuse an Alice band if he does the business. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, geoff1 said:

bowers, radio joke , 👎👎his predictions are as good as his inane commentary, 

Glad somebody else thinks that; I end up turning the sound down he grates on my nerves so much

Thought Griff was real quality though on Tuesday night; clarity of comment and some really good insights too, like his comments on the players not comforting the penalty misser

Points-with-Bone

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, points-with-bone said:

Glad somebody else thinks that; I end up turning the sound down he grates on my nerves so much

Thought Griff was real quality though on Tuesday night; clarity of comment and some really good insights too, like his comments on the players not comforting the penalty misser

Points-with-Bone

totally agree ,thought griff was much more professional, better than williams/cullerton/sprosonetc utv:keepup::ovf::onmehead::drink: 

• Like 1

Funny on the Crawley forum, which seems to have about 10 supporters. One poster called us a good team last season and acknowledged that we have since strengthened, but also seems to think that Tom Pope is our main man! I'd love to tell him that actually he's arguably our third choice striker these days, and as much as I love the bloke, he wouldn't be near our top 5 players. In fact he's probably not even in the top 10.

Edited by TylerB
  • Like 1

22 minutes ago, boslemportvale91 said:

Carlisle fans hate him going off the social media sites. I trust Askey to get the best out of him though  

A wind up merchant with some skills and can get a goal or five.  

A proper sh1thouse. You love to see it 

put him with popey on a radio slanging match, :opps:

5 minutes ago, points-with-bone said:

Points-with-Bone

Phill is good at what he does. I rely on him to let me know what's going on even when I am in VP. I am blind and have to take a radio with me to follow the game. If you lot think you can do better then get you a clip of a match of you tube and record some commentary. It's harder than you think! ☺

• Like 3

Welcome Harry. Fans here will be behind you all the way if you show your undoubted talent each week on the pitch. We are truly blessed with our owners and manager/ background staff all pulling the Club back to a happy, exciting era. I'm just gutted we fans can't show our total appreciation by being at the games, home and away. I was so optimistic after last season that I was reliving my youth eagerly anticipating the buzz of a hopefully successful new season. After so much dross over the years I was indeed expectant of a promotion campaign where I would follow the lads far and wide. Ah well I'll settle for the time being in front of my computer causing raised eyebrows with my neighbours as I holler and scream away at the screen. Come on Vale give us a bit of relief from these horrid times and show the Footballing world we are back and wanting to rise up the Leagues whilst entertaining everyone. VTID.

I can't wait to play Carlisle this season.
He will be unbearable for their fans!
  • Like 1

17 minutes ago, valeparklife said:

I can't wait to play Carlisle this season.

He will be unbearable for their fans! 😂😂

Whilst I respect your opinion, it’s be interesting to see how we faired if a mic was stuck in front of us and we were expected to commentate and produce a radio show.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Guitar Ray said:

Whilst I respect your opinion, it’s be interesting to see how we faired if a mic was stuck in front of us and we were expected to commentate and produce a radio show.

It's simple to just talk about the game but to accurately describe what's going on the pitch and were all the players are in relation to each other is a skill in it's self.

• Like 1