What are people’s thoughts on JA.

Playa Amodores

31 minutes ago, Jacob_123 said:

Sick of seeing people say the pressing game has been abandoned... its hard to do every game at the best of times. It was evident in spells at Bradford but was never going to be used yesterday due to not having our fittest player available and playing on a heavy pitch. People who bang on about us not using it all 90 every game don’t understand football.

So we lose one player to suspension and cannot beat poor teams like Oldham.

It was poor tactics from set pieces and lack of effort that nearly cost us the game.

I don’t expect our team to press at all times but just more effort to push forward and support our forward(s).

It is two steps forward one step back after a good win at Bradford.

Advert:

• Replies 174
  • Created
  • Last Reply

In my view it’s lazy and unintelligent to sit back and demand good results at all times.

Its childish and divisive to only comment when your club loses, only having a dig when you don’t get the result you want without considering things like the opposition trying to close down a game, or the squad dealing with injuries or missing players.

Its lazy to moan without trying to understand the context of the challenges faced in turning around a football club that has been a laughing stock for years.

It’s easy to moan and criticise and, if things turn out better, to just sit back and take the joy with a shrug of the shoulders and not appreciate that you were wrong and sounded like a short sighted fool who demanded success without understanding the challenges to achieve it.

Just my opinion of course, but some of you don’t half sound like you know **** all! 

21 minutes ago, Erniemossrules said:

So we lose one player to suspension and cannot beat poor teams like Oldham.

It was poor tactics from set pieces and lack of effort that nearly cost us the game.

I don’t expect our team to press at all times but just more effort to push forward and support our forward(s).

It is two steps forward one step back after a good win at Bradford.

I agree, its a case of mixing it up and the frustrating thing is these players are capable and this should be the next step in addressing...with regards to askey he is doing ok nothing to get high about nor down in the dumps, but we have players who can come in to cover injuries not as others have said first time pro's or chancers- think he has done good work with much room for improvement and hopefully he will grow and mature with the team by keeping whats good changing whats not where possible..think we will/have become a more stable attractive environment to attract players under C & K  (inc JA)so expect the stock again to rise next year.

This year expected mid to lower table but don't see anyone to be afraid of , on our day we can beat anyone,,just gotta believe in ourselves more .

Slow and steady seems to be Askey's way. Sometimes it can seem a bit too slow, too steady. There isn't just one way. It's necessary to change gear sometimes.

I was critical of the changed formation at the time, but now think he was trying different ways to get the best out of his players.

The squad is coping well considering we lost two first choice midfielders.

We seem to be becoming a team that is difficult to beat and more able to defend effectively.

He seems to be developing a good team spirit.

Would like to see earlier substitutions.

All in all, I'd say doing pretty well.

22 points from 16 is decent given the start we were given and the disruptive injuries.

12 hours ago, onestepatatime said:

Askey shows no emotion or umph, either in his interviews or his standing on the line watching the games. 

Neither did Arsene Wenger. I don’t judge a manager by how much he jumps about and screams on the touchline otherwise Barry Fry would have won the World Cup!!

Askey is doing OK. Give the bloke a chance. 

Advert:

10 minutes ago, Jacko51 said:

Neither did Arsene Wenger. I don’t judge a manager by how much he jumps about and screams on the touchline otherwise Barry Fry would have won the World Cup!!

Askey is doing OK. Give the bloke a chance. 

Or runs to the home support after a rare victory punching his chest and waving his arms around like a maniac,I agree leave Askey alone.

12 hours ago, onestepatatime said:

Askey shows no emotion or umph, either in his interviews or his standing on the line watching the games. Maybe that's just his way, manner or demeanour, who knows? I would like to see more urgency from him or animation or attempts to show us fans that we want more than just "adequate"

Jesus Christ... that’s what you are judging him on?! Seriously? How animated he is? Really?

Nathan Jones is as animated as they come... that working well!

Wow... just wow!

I'm trying to Look at it from the new owners point of view :

We are new to this and need a steady manager who isn't going to rock the boat or try and spend money we simply don't have.

He knows the lower leagues, he's a local man who knows the club and what the fans expexctations are.

He kept us up and has only had limited time and money to bring in the sort of player he wants.....add to that the way the club was possibly percieved in football circles and the fact we were pretty much nailed on for another relegation dogfight and you can see why players are not queing up at the doors.

Slow and steady on and off the field, that's the way to progress and that's whats happening.

From my point of view he's doing a good job, the eleven on the pitch look like a 'team', opposition teams are coming here with a plan to not lose and that's testament to how we are now being viewed. Askey needs to find a way to unlock stubborn teams but 8 games at home undefeated is excellent in my opinion.

No need to get on his back, give him and the team time.       

1 hour ago, Iron Curtain said:

Jesus Christ... that’s what you are judging him on?! Seriously? How animated he is? Really?

Wow... just wow!

How wrong can you be, Leicester fan on hearing the team news on Friday night "Can't believe chilly is getting picked again. Guys been so poor lately hope he has a good game tonight but if it's another poor game I'd drop him the next league game! " So Chilwell a full back goes on to score the first of 9 goals." 

keep moaning chaps it sometimes works.

Advert:

I’d say it’s been a real mixed bag. We have looked better under the last 2/3 games at home under askey and more attacking. But far worse away from home imo. I think he’s a tactacially decent manager who sets us up quite well and organised again for the most part. But it seems there is no plan B. When we try something else it seems to fail miserably. My biggest issue and I’ve mentioned it basically every single match is his use of the subs. It’s far too negative. Saturday was another example of this. You have pope, archer and Cullen on the bench, nothing is happening in the game so change it. Change the system and try to take the three points instead of being happy with one or waiting until they score and then change it. 

Signings have been ok, archer for me looks looks the pick of the bunch but isn’t getting a look in. Again the other criticism for me was askey signing too many non league players that simply are not good enough and we have seen that particular with Lloyd and Kennedy. 

Happy with where we are in the league table but so so frustrated, it feels that in the macc, Stevenage and Oldham game if we had just taken it to them and made some offensive subs we could and should be sitting higher than we are. League looks extremely average, still think I’ve only seen Plymouth down the vale who looked half decent! 

Finish where we are at the end of the season we’ve done well and imo progressed not what some would call progression where we finish 16th... 

if we are 5 points off the play offs come January I’d like to think askey is given a bit of money to have a go at it this season. We’re only 1/2 players off. Overall a mixed bag on askey. Decent manager and the best since Adams imo (not saying a lot) but needs to improve on his subs! 

11 hours ago, Iron Curtain said:

Wow... just wow!

So sorry that you can't read my posts in proper context.

Before ramming your feelings down my throat, try and see the whole of my text.

I was passing MY opinion and actually went on to state I hope he is long term successful, but oh my God I've rattled your cage , haven't I?

1 hour ago, CAVALIER said:

What knowledge does he have of the lower leagues? He’s been non league most of the time 

I want him to do well but I’m sure he’d be the first to admit he’s still learning. 

He had more managerial knowledge of the lower leagues than our previous four managers!

Advert:

1 hour ago, onestepatatime said:

So sorry that you can't read my posts in proper context.

Before ramming your feelings down my throat, try and see the whole of my text.

I was passing MY opinion and actually went on to state I hope he is long term successful, but oh my God I've rattled your cage , haven't I?

As stated many times... there is a difference between hoping someone succeeds and supporting them.

It was a pretty stupid comment you made / opinion you had, so yeah that made me a little animated.

I thought you liked that and reacted well to people thumping their chest and getting animated Nathan Jones style?

When John was appointed I did think here we go, another cheap option. But he's had a solid start and I am happy with where we are in the table. Our squad isn't the strongest due to a smaller budget but we've got something to build off. Baring in mind where we could have been had Carol and Kevin not bought the club. I don't know what more people want! We have some stability for once. Let's not get ahead of ourselves.

On 27/10/2019 at 08:56, onestepatatime said:

We are certainly better off in many ways now than the past couple pf seasons, but, there always remains a but...……

So far we have done OK under his leadership but , sorry, fellow Valiants the long term future remains a question mark for me.

Askey shows no emotion or umph, either in his interviews or his standing on the line watching the games. Maybe that's just his way, manner or demeanour, who knows? I would like to see more urgency from him or animation or attempts to show us fans that we want more than just "adequate"

I hope to see him succeed here, I really do but for the moment I'm sitting on the fence.

Good managers do their work before the game. All the animation on the touch line is just for show.

Archived