What are people’s thoughts on JA.

Playa Amodores

Advert:

• Replies 174
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I remember Crewe fans slating Artell last season for being negative, with some saying they should of sacked him and gone for Askey. However despite all that the club stuck with Artell and now look where they are on a smaller budget than us.
How many fans wanted Rudge sacked before that Finney goal v Macc and the rest is history.
For gods sake, the club needs stability not another 15 ruddy managers and clear outs every Season. Give the bloke time for gods sake.

Advert:

4 minutes ago, Iron Curtain said:

Has taken us from a 3rd bottom team to 5 points off the playoffs.

We weren't 3rd bottom when he took over.... get your facts right. Our record under him was worse than under Aspo last season. Pts per game, goals per game. Don't get me wrong I'm not yearning for Aspo. But ideas of some kind of transformation, other than slight, are wide of the mark.

9 minutes ago, toyahw said:

We weren't 3rd bottom when he took over.... get your facts right. Our record under him was worse than under Aspo last season. Pts per game, goals per game. Don't get me wrong I'm not yearning for Aspo. But ideas of some kind of transformation, other than slight, are wide of the mark.

So you think we are no better off than last season ?

He hasnt set the world on fire but i didnt expect him to.

What I hoped he would do was stop the rot that set in a couple of seasons ago and get us into a position where we could hold our own. I realise it's not just a football problem the club faced, although that's the public face, its a whole club problem that has to be solved.... finance, match day experience etc,  the whole 9 yards as they say.... which isn't his sole responsibility.

Expectations have risen, hope has risen, excitement has risen, frustration has risen especially when not getting a result after playing well..... Mark those last 2 words..... playing well..... something fans were short of previously..

Given the starting point, the expectation of failure last season, the restrictions, the size of the task both on and off the field..... I think he is managing to fulfil my expectations so far with a little to spare.

Stableise this season....... consolidate and build next season..... make a push the season after if all goes well.

He is doing ok .

Substitutions too slow .

The only reason why folk think he is the business is because Stoke are doing so poorly .

The last 3 home games the performance levels have generally being quite poor .

So I’d say he is 4/10 manager MA was a 8 Rudge a 9 Sinnott a minus 15 Brown a minus 14 .

He is managing a club though where the chairfolk are supportive there is lots to do as  we can not continue to play poorly and pick up points as eventually karma will deliver defeats eventually so we need him to be 45 per cent than what he is doing up to  yet UTV 

Advert:

He is doing ok .

Substitutions too slow .

The only reason why folk think he is the business is because Stoke are doing so poorly .

The last 3 home games the performance levels have generally being quite poor .

So I’d say he is 4/10 manager MA was a 8 Rudge a 9 Sinnott a minus 15 Brown a minus 14 .

He is managing a club though where the chairfolk are supportive there is lots to do as  we can not continue to play poorly and pick up points as eventually karma will deliver defeats eventually so we need him to be 45 per cent than what he is doing up to  yet UTV 

What on earth does Stoke have to do with it?

JA knows me about football than me - in fact, almost everyone on onevalefan will probably know more about football than me - but personally it makes a refreshing change from the previous 3-4 seasons not to be fretting we may drop into relegation.

C&K and JA have an enormous task to hand. Time is the key.

In the meantime I'm enjoying post match days again. Long may it continue. 

It’s frustrating being a Vale fan, what with the impatience of some fans. 

Where do these fans expect us to be? There’s no given in this league. Everyone’s fighting for something & every point is hard to get.

Last year we lost 13 games at home! We’re unbeaten in 8 so far. That for me is big progress. If we give Askey more than 5 minutes, he might actually be able to build something.

Advert:

We are certainly better off in many ways now than the past couple pf seasons, but, there always remains a but...……

So far we have done OK under his leadership but , sorry, fellow Valiants the long term future remains a question mark for me.

Askey shows no emotion or umph, either in his interviews or his standing on the line watching the games. Maybe that's just his way, manner or demeanour, who knows? I would like to see more urgency from him or animation or attempts to show us fans that we want more than just "adequate"

I hope to see him succeed here, I really do but for the moment I'm sitting on the fence.

1 hour ago, Woakesy said:

It’s frustrating being a Vale fan, what with the impatience of some fans. 

Where do these fans expect us to be? There’s no given in this league. Everyone’s fighting for something & every point is hard to get.

Last year we lost 13 games at home! We’re unbeaten in 8 so far. That for me is big progress. If we give Askey more than 5 minutes, he might actually be able to build something.

Agree, we are in a position now, that to do worse at home than last season, we would have to lose ALL our remaining home games.

Granted we won’t win them all, but no way will we lose them all.

That to me is progress.

I’m happy enough, he’s made a few mistakes but also seems more tactically astute than recent managers, his Bradford plan worked and the tactical review of how we beat Plymouth was excellent.

Fans wanted steady progress but are now moaning we aren’t flying at the top so it’s a thankless task really.

He’s trying to set up a certain way of playing and bringing a type of player and put a team together, so far he’s had one window to do that.

At the moment I look at the games and think “if we’d just turned some of the draws into wins” we are that far away from challenging now which is miles closer than we were six months ago!

He is pretty much where Adams was in his first season, loads of draws and few defeats as he tries to turn the tide of 20 plus defeats a season.

Archived