onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Who should we sign?

leedsvaliant

Advert

Tonge wasn't on that big of a wage. Nice logic, though if we sign Ryan Lloyd as well then how does that sign into reducing the body count? Harry Benns and Luke Hannant were the other two midfielders to leave so presumably Askey rates one of Burgess of Lloyd as on a par to Hannant.

Oh and he also offered a pro deal to Lucas Green-Birch, so that would be Burgess, Lloyd and Green-Birch in, Calveley, Tonge, Benns and Hannant out. I guess there is room for another midfield addition of we are classing the departed Kay as a midfielder rather than a defender.

You don’t know how much was Tongue on.

You don’t know how much Burgess is on.

If you are trying to say Tongue isn’t on a fair bit more than Burgess I suspect that’s wrong.

Green-Birch will probably go out on loan.

Kay would be classed as a midfielder given that’s where he played.

Maybe he wants to shift the numbers to have more options in midfield as a % of the squad.

The point is people are having childish meltdowns because we have signed a young lad who bury fans rated as a good prospect.

Assumptions such as “he is hannants replacement” are being made which are winding people up to the point of hysteria.

Let’s all calm down and see what happens ... Askey has said he wants around 10 players.

He has said the squad will be smaller.

Until we have all the jigsaw pieces there is no point in getting worked up 👍

A reminder that if you don't buy a ST because the club can't afford the players you're demanding due to a lack of ST revenue, you really need to re-evaluate your thought process.

More money in, better players through the door. Our new owners are not going to speculate, ala Bury, in the hope that fans will magically appear, leading to a gamble with our football club.

I absolutely agree with this!

If you follow 'thepriceoffootball' on twitter, you will see that Port Vale are one of below a dusin clubs, in the entire football pyramide (PL to League 2), that actually made a profit last year. The 2nd biggest in League 2 at that. Yes I know, Smurthwaite and all that, but I would like to see us staying with a black bottom line, as we see all over the country, where the red numbers lead you, with these genie owners popping up all over, only to put clubs under. Gateshead have already gone, Bury, Notts County, Macclesfield etc all well on the way.

I absolutely agree with this!

If you follow 'thepriceoffootball' on twitter, you will see that Port Vale are one of below a dusin clubs, in the entire football pyramide (PL to League 2), that actually made a profit last year. The 2nd biggest in League 2 at that. Yes I know, Smurthwaite and all that, but I would like to see us staying with a black bottom line, as we see all over the country, where the red numbers lead you, with these genie owners popping up all over, only to put clubs under. Gateshead have already gone, Bury, Notts County, Macclesfield etc all well on the way.

That came as a bit of a shock, I didn’t know Gateshead had gone.

It's now appeared on other platforms so I can reveal it is Paris Cowan-Hall from Wycombe.

Would be a great signing if it comes off!

Scored 8 and played every game in their promotion season... more of a wide forward than out and out striker.

Got some pace and scores some crackers.

Now THERE is a replacement for Hannant!

Anyone moaning at this is clearly just doing it because it fills a sad vacuum in their own lives. Let them get on with it!

Archived