onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Who should we sign?

leedsvaliant

Agree, but I'd like to be reassured about Manny given his injury record in the season just ended.

Willing to give his fitness another shot as he didn't have a proper pre-season due to a knock, and we functioned without a full-time, qualified physio for months last year.

Also, Askey has alluded to the players' fitness not being up to scratch, and he has re-implemented the GPS vests that could provide data that helps our players be in better condition.

Definitely needs to be wrapped in cotton wool but Askey seems to have a better approach to conditioning and fitness, and the 3 man midfield saw Oyeleke flourish later on in the season. Still wouldn't be shocked to see him sign for a top end League 2/bottom end League 1 team based in the South/around London. Any team who scouted him would see there is a massive amount of potential there. Steve Evans is in at Gillingham now and loves making a swathe of signings so wouldn't be shocked to see him rock up there.

Advert

Willing to give his fitness another shot as he didn't have a proper pre-season due to a knock, and we functioned without a full-time, qualified physio for months last year.

Also, Askey has alluded to the players' fitness not being up to scratch, and he has re-implemented the GPS vests that could provide data that helps our players be in better condition.

Definitely needs to be wrapped in cotton wool but Askey seems to have a better approach to conditioning and fitness, and the 3 man midfield saw Oyeleke flourish later on in the season. Still wouldn't be shocked to see him sign for a top end League 2/bottom end League 1 team based in the South/around London. Any team who scouted him would see there is a massive amount of potential there. Steve Evans is in at Gillingham now and loves making a swathe of signings so wouldn't be shocked to see him rock up there.

Are we not approaching the time when he’s either got to accept or reject the offer?

Are we not approaching the time when he’s either got to accept or reject the offer?

No doubt his agent is urging him to wait and see if a better offer is forthcoming, either from Vale or someone else. This one I think will go to the wire.

No doubt his agent is urging him to wait and see if a better offer is forthcoming, either from Vale or someone else. This one I think will go to the wire.

I agree, but players are only usually given 2or3 weeks to make their minds up.

According to their website, their budget for the forthcoming season will be £1m. That doesn't really allow them any room to be paying £2k per week to anyone, though I wouldn't like to guess what Akinfenwa is on!!

They seem to think it will among the lowest, if not the lowest in that division, and are moaning that many League 2 and National League clubs will have larger budgets.

Still, I guess we believe that or take it with a large pinch of salt.

There's a lot of clubs reducing budgets this season. Could make for an interesting July with players in a made dash for any contract on offer.

When he came on as sub for Northampton in the game at Vale Park I was struck by how disinterested and lethargic he looked. I remember thinking that we'd had a lucky escape in not signing him.

His goals record in the last 2 seasons is awful.

Can't believe he's still only 24 though. Seems to have been around for ages (he obviously started in Crewe's team very young).

Had a good period at Cheltenham up front and has played a more withdrawn role recently. Done well in his loans in the last 2 seasons and yet awful at Northampton. Probably a player still searching for a regular role as a 10, winger or striker.

I thought that players had 4 weeks to respond, from when they received the contract offer in writing.

You could be right, either way they must be approaching that time now, assuming the players were told before the actual released list came out.

Better to be deluded with high expectations than a happy clapper with low expectations.🤡

Goooooooarn Ern!!

Let’s sign someone on 4K a week!! 😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂

Goooooooarn Ern!!

Let’s sign someone on 4K a week!! 😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂

I think our Ern is now on a wind up tbh

Now back to signings,IF and its a big if we are in for these players who have been mentioned lately Cowan-Hall,Waters and Durrell for me they would be decent signings..we should be able to pay more than Wycombe and Macclesfield for 2 of those

Now lets say add McCallum from Eastleigh(who I have just plucked out of thin air as an out of contract striker) would people be happy with 4 signings like that?

Now back to signings,IF and its a big if we are in for these players who have been mentioned lately Cowan-Hall,Waters and Durrell for me they would be decent signings..we should be able to pay more than Wycombe and Macclesfield for 2 of those

Now lets say add McCallum from Eastleigh(who I have just plucked out of thin air as an out of contract striker) would people be happy with 4 signings like that?

yes that would be a good start for me

Archived