onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Match Thread - Bury v Port Vale

Fosse69

Advert

Thoroughly enjoyed the game and thought we gave one of the best footballing sides in the league an excellent game. Popey was outstanding today as was Worrall before that knock. Missed the pitch invasion because I left on 90 minutes to beat the traffic and get up to St James Park!!

Thought Anthony Kay was excellent today.

Much maligned on these pages over the last 2 years - for me a good honest pro who has rarely let us down.

Yes he has his limitations, but provides strong character and leadership, protects the centre backs, never hides from having the ball and is a goal threat.

If Ray Williams is right that he will be released then thanks for your honest contribution that has helped see us to safety during a very difficult 2 years in the clubs history

Good riddance

Whitfield had a bit of a saunter down the right wing not long after coming on and when the ball went down his side again a minute later, he was blowing.

He hasn’t looked match fit since Norman re-signed him. His last good game was arguably in 2017.

He wouldn't get in Kidsgrove Athletics starting 11.
I agree. Why do people think that those that don't make the team are suddenly world beaters? He's never shown anything to say he can cut it at this level. He'll rightly be released and I doubt we'll see him in the league again.

this is who i think will be kept on.

Brown (obviously)

Smith

Legge

Worrall

Joyce

Conlon

Montaño (on the basis he bucks his ideas up)

Oyeleke

Hornby(if he wants to continue as backup)

Pope ( reduce his role as i don’t think he should be our out an out striker)

Kay ( only if he’s prepared to be backup, which is unlikely)

Angus trial during pre season so Askey can have a proper look at him all the rest i think will leave or in the TL for example Whitfield believes his own hype and i believe there is a player in there somewhere but i don’t think he works hard enough to show us.

Ben Whitfield is a disgrace. Never have I seen a lad blow up so quick.

The sooner he gets booted out, the better.

Fans should stop giving him the benefit of the doubt.

One of the most unprofessional players to have ever worn the shirt.

this is who i think will be kept on.

Brown (obviously)

Smith

Legge

Worrall

Joyce

Conlon

Montaño (on the basis he bucks his ideas up)

Oyeleke

Hornby(if he wants to continue as backup)

Pope ( reduce his role as i don’t think he should be our out an out striker)

Kay ( only if he’s prepared to be backup, which is unlikely)

Angus trial during pre season so Askey can have a proper look at him all the rest i think will leave or in the TL for example Whitfield believes his own hype and i believe there is a player in there somewhere but i don’t think he works hard enough to show us.

Legge,Kay

Old and past it. Legge was getting dogs abuse on here fairly recently for not having any legs.

Joyce

Frequently crap.

Re Angus. Don’t think there’s a need for a Trial. He would have been watched at Barrow. He’s also right up Askeys street as a rapid striker. The Barrow manager seems to rate him. He’s got to be worth a chance. ..and as he’s had a proper job he’ll put some effort in.

Re Angus. Don’t think there’s a need for a Trial. He would have been watched at Barrow. He’s also right up Askeys street as a rapid striker. The Barrow manager seems to rate him. He’s got to be worth a chance. ..and as he’s had a proper job he’ll put some effort in.

I agree, would seem silly to give a trial to someone who’s been our player for nearly 18 months.

regarding Legge, notice how more comfortable Smith is playing. the back four is a lot more organised and you really notice when he’s not there. i don’t think his legs are gone personally. no one was saying that at the start of the season so why all of a sudden now? i say keep for another season and see what happens, he has the right attitude for this club and younger players can learn a lot from him same as Kay his experience is priceless

I think Joyce bossed the midfield yesterday. In the latter few games he has shown why we got him. The flip side is Whitfield. Loved him when he first came to the club but has severely disappointed since signed for us. I’m not convinced he’s truly fit enough. He doesn’t seem to have a heart. He keeps making the wrong decisions on the pitch. We are saddled with him and Miller for another season but both should be kept away from the first team going forward.

Archived